Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Dragon Prince, Season 2, was also released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭El Duda

Buried deep in the darkest corners of Netflix...

Christine

John Carpenter adapts a Stephen King novel about a car that was born evil. Filmed in the same neighborhood as Halloween, this has all of the trappings that define a great Carpenter flick. I particularly loved the use of old 50's/60's rock 'n' roll tracks made to sound sinister and creepy.

It's one of those films that should be awful but thanks to the craftmanship that went into its production, it is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

El Duda wrote: »
    Buried deep in the darkest corners of Netflix...

Christine

John Carpenter adapts a Stephen King novel about a car that was born evil. Filmed in the same neighborhood as Halloween, this has all of the trappings that define a great Carpenter flick. I particularly loved the use of old 50's/60's rock 'n' roll tracks made to sound sinister and creepy.

It's one of those films that should be awful but thanks to the craftmanship that went into its production, it is fantastic.

This film still looks absolutely amazing. Timeless, gets better with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭El Duda

Yep. The scene where Christine 'shows herself' is flawless. Practical effects are awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

El Duda wrote: »
    Yep. The scene where Christine 'shows herself' is flawless. Practical effects are awesome.

Also when she goes in pursuit of the thugs with lots of explosions. Ridiculous fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

peteeeed wrote: »
    its david fincher , i'll give it a go

Oh I'll check it out as well, but that feckin' trailer is the sort of thing that should have a seizure warning ahead of it, like a bad trance music video from late 90s mtv or something. *Old man shakes fist at cloud, etc*

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Second Trailer for Ben Affleck & Oscar Isaac's Netflix film which arrives March 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

TITANS is really good.
    Full of DC heroes and introduce characters, some of which I've never heard of, in a good way.

Not a hugely familiar with DC heroes other than the mainstream ones and this has me hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Second Trailer for Ben Affleck & Oscar Isaac's Netflix film which arrives March 13th.

Premise looks interesting. Big fan of Oscar Isaac and Pedro Pascal. Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I would recommend Ashby 2015. Its about a geeky 17 year old boy who moves with his single mother to a new suburb and starts in a new school and is given an assignment to interview an elderly person, In which he meets an interesting neighbour played by Mickey Rourke.

Also stars Emma Roberts and Sarah Silverman.

I would also recommend No Escape 2015.

I had noticed this movie throughout the categories lately but I didn't really fancy it as it starred Owen Wilson but I was surprised how good it was.
    Wilson moves his family to Thailand for career purposes and finds himself in the middle of an uprising not long after landing.

Also stars Lake Bell and Pierce Brosnan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Valley uprising.

It's a docu about the history of rock climbing in Yosemite Valley.

Great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Broken.

Sean bean plays a priest troubled by his belief in himself , struggling with his own life whilst doing his best to help others in strife.

For me his best ever performance, Worthy of any award recognition. I'm in no way religious,that last episode was a emotional roller coaster.

Simply superb. Heavy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Broken.

Sean bean plays a priest troubled by his belief in himself , struggling with his own life whilst doing his best to help others in strife.

For me his best ever performance, Worthy of any award recognition. I'm in no way religious,that last episode was a emotional roller coaster.

I like Sean Bean so I am gonna give this a go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

km79 wrote: »
    I like Sean Bean so I am gonna give this a go

Jimmy McGovern involved too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Broken.

I really liked it cause he was so down to earth and was exactly like one of his parishioners. Like I feel with a lot of priests and the church there seems to be a divide between us and them. I don’t go to mass but if there was a priest like Sean Beans character in my parish I’d definitely start going to mass. You could definitely confide in him about anything, actually to a lot of his parishioners he was actually their friend more than a priest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I watched a documentary last night about flat earthers called 'behind the curve' its hard to tell if these people are actually serious they think we are living in a globe :confused:

Also watched a few episodes of 'dirty john' it looks good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Just finished watching Dirty John. Really enjoyed it. Eric Bana is really good in it. It’s based on a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I would recommend Ashby 2015. Its about a geeky 17 year old boy who moves with his single mother to a new suburb and starts in a new school and is given an assignment to interview an elderly person, In which he meets an interesting neighbour played by Mickey Rourke.

Also stars Emma Roberts and Sarah Silverman.

I would also recommend No Escape 2015.

I had noticed this movie throughout the categories lately but I didn't really fancy it as it starred Owen Wilson but I was surprised how good it was.
    Wilson moves his family to Thailand for career purposes and finds himself in the middle of an uprising not long after landing.

Also stars Lake Bell and Pierce Brosnan.

Can't find no escape, am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Can't find no escape, am I missing something?

Just checked there, its actually on the US library.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gmisk wrote: »
    I thought the trailer for this was actually funny, will defo check it out.

Story is not the most complex, but its pretty funny and its only 80 mins so if yo loath it for whatever reason the suffering won't be that long.:pac:

• Advertisement

Thought Triple Frontier looked good but just way too much shown in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Anyone know if the umbrella academy would be appropriate for a 12 year old?

It says 15s but doesn’t seem too bad in the parents guide of IMDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ From watching the first one, some dodgy language and some scenes with blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭jaffa20

rocky1813 wrote: »
    Just finished watching Dirty John. Really enjoyed it. Eric Bana is really good in it. It’s based on a true story.

I liked it too but it did feel like it was dragged out and episoide or 2 longer than it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just checked there, its actually on the US library.

Sorry about that.

No problem,

Thanks for the recommendations by the way,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'm really enjoying Russian Doll - a couple of episodes in and I find it intriguing.

I know the odd Amazon Prime recommendation gets thrown around in here so I'll just say that 'Halt and Catch Fire' is one of the best series I've watched in years. Possibly the best thing on tv since Mad Men finished - a show with which it shares its DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The legend in of Tarzan (2016)

Life

Added today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

rocky1813 wrote: »

The podcast is amazing. One of the best I’ve ever listened to. Unbelievable story

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only got around to watching and finishing Narcos-Mexico this weekend. Not a bad show and apparently season 2 on its way aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Nightflyers - Sci-Fi horror. Just on episode 2 and I'm hooked. Looks good so far. Couple of Irish actors in it also. Acting is decent for the most part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement