Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Where the hell is Black Mirror season 5? Brooker said it was "imminent-ish" a month ago.

Maybe we are living it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Maybe we are living it!

I was re-watching Fifteen Million Merits from the first season last night and thinking the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Enjoying Kingdom(Korean)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Fian

RasTa wrote: »
    Enjoying Kingdom(Korean)

I watched first episode, didn't really grab me. I was intrigued by the "korean mythology" premise, but it seems pretty generic zombies.

A series that took good myths form around the world and did them in one/two episodes would be cool. Norse mythology, greek, african, indian, native american etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

Any good series to watch on Netflix lately ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Where the hell is Black Mirror season 5? Brooker said it was "imminent-ish" a month ago.
    Hope it will arrive. Bandersnatch was very disappointing. Xmas wasn’t the same without the series, and that film with its viewer choices gimmicks didn’t satisfy me. The film was too dull compared to the 4 series’s. And then further slowed due to the viewer input, with risk of never ending. Even some choices you were told were not valid and pick again. I remember fantasy storybooks when I was a kid that did this but did it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Fian wrote: »
    I watched first episode, didn't really grab me. I was intrigued by the "korean mythology" premise, but it seems pretty generic zombies.

A series that took good myths form around the world and did them in one/two episodes would be cool. Norse mythology, greek, african, indian, native american etc.

Yeah it's zombies. Some type of vampire ones that don't like the sunlight but it still has that feudal setting that I love. Already better then the entire Walking Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

I really enjoyed Russian Doll.
    I stopped watching The Punisher which is annoying because the first season was so good.
    I had given up on Star Trey Discovery midway through season 1 but I picked it back up again and it definitely got better so I recommend.
    Sex Education is pretty funny too if you're into a netflix spin on Skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Lovers and the Despot
    2016 British documentary film written and directed by Robert Cannan and Ross Adam, about the 1978 abduction of South Korean actress Choi Eun-hee, and film director Shin Sang-ok, by Kim Jong-il of North Korea

was also added yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tigger123

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Lovers and the Despot
    2016 British documentary film written and directed by Robert Cannan and Ross Adam, about the 1978 abduction of South Korean actress Choi Eun-hee, and film director Shin Sang-ok, by Kim Jong-il of North Korea

was also added yesterday

I read a book on the same topic a few years called A Kim Jong Il Production. It's an incredible story.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Was this kept a secret first I heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Was this kept a secret first I heard of it.

Only from you obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

As a huge BB fan I don't know how I feel about this.......if there has to be a movie I would rather take a VERY rare trip to the cinema to see it......if there has to be one .....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm enjoying The Kominsky Method. Not usually much of a Michael Douglas fan, but he's great in this, my wife raves about Grace and Frankie too, so they're giving plenty of work to older actors anyway.

Dunno when Cuckoo was added, but that's quite funny too, Greg Davies is great, as he is in most things.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I have enjoyed Bordertown but I feel it could have been so much better. Shedding some more light on the methods of the main character rather than them just being referenced to indicate method to the madness.

And they could have expanded some of the storylines within because they ended abruptly.

But I somehow kinda liked it

queer eye season 3 is streaming from march 15th

its valentines day so

Dating Around season 1
    In each episode of flirtations and fails, one real-life single navigates five blind dates. The mission: Find one match worthy of a second date.

Dirty John season 1
    Businesswoman Debra Newell's life unravels when she falls for the lies and manipulation of con man John Meehan. Based on the true-crime podcast.

Ken Jeong: You Complete Me, Ho
    In his first-ever stand-up special, Ken Jeong pays tribute to his wife and shares stories about Hollywood and how "The Hangover" saved his life.

added today

its valentines day so

Dating Around season 1
    In each episode of flirtations and fails, one real-life single navigates five blind dates. The mission: Find one match worthy of a second date.

Dirty John season 1
    Businesswoman Debra Newell's life unravels when she falls for the lies and manipulation of con man John Meehan. Based on the true-crime podcast.

Ken Jeong: You Complete Me, Ho
    In his first-ever stand-up special, Ken Jeong pays tribute to his wife and shares stories about Hollywood and how "The Hangover" saved his life.

added today

That podcast was excellent - I'd definitely try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,409 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

tigger123 wrote: »
    That podcast was excellent - I'd definitely try that.
    The podcast is excellent.

The TV show is meant to be absolute dreck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm enjoying The Kominsky Method. Not usually much of a Michael Douglas fan, but he's great in this, my wife raves about Grace and Frankie too, so they're giving plenty of work to older actors anyway.

Dunno when Cuckoo was added, but that's quite funny too, Greg Davies is great, as he is in most things.

The Kominsky Method was a surprise for me, quite an impressive show.
    Cuckoo is great as well, would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Series 2 of Medici is very good. Portrays in particular the Medici/Patxi family feuds in Florence in the 1400s.

Sarajevo is also very good. Portrays the investigation into the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and the unanswered questions about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Suburra: Blood on Rome season 2 out on 22nd of February. Season 1 was brilliant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I like animated shorts and anthology films and shows, but bloody hell that was a terrible teaser/trailer...

The Umbrella Academy: Season 1
    Reunited by their father’s death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets – and a looming threat to humanity.

Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy
    Legendary comedy writer and director Larry Charles travels the world in search of humor in the most unusual, unexpected and dangerous places.

The 43 season 1
    This docuseries disputes the Mexican government's account of how and why 43 students from Ayotzinapa Rural Teachers' College vanished in Iguala in 2014.

Behind the Curve
    Meet the growing, worldwide community of theorists who defend the belief that the Earth is flat while living in a society who vehemently rejects it

The Big Family Cooking Showdown season 1
    In this unscripted series, families passionate about food serve up their most delicious dishes for the chance to be crowned Britain's best home cooks.

The Breaker Upperers
    For the right price, BFFs Jen and Mel will ruthlessly end any romance. But when one of them grows a conscience, their friendship begins to unravel.

The Kirlian Frequency season 1
    In the midnight hour, a lone DJ broadcasts the strangest -- and scariest -- tales from the outer edges of Kirlian, a lost city somewhere in Argentina

Yucatán
    Competing con artists attempt to creatively and ruthlessly swindle a fatherly lottery winner while on a lively cruise from Spain to Mexico

The Detained
    Five high school students serving Saturday detention in a former corrections facility must find a way to outsmart an unseen menace out to kill them

Blackadder: Season 1 and 2
    Hellboy II: The Golden Army
    Blow
    American Wedding
    Liar Liar
    The Five-Year Engagement
    Safe House
    the durrells season 2
    In the Dark - Season 1
    Louis Theroux: Dark States - Murder In Milwaukee
    three girls season 1
    #SquadGoals

added today

Fysh wrote: »
    I like animated shorts and anthology films and shows, but bloody hell that was a terrible teaser/trailer...

its david fincher , i'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 32,409 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Breaker Upperers
    For the right price, BFFs Jen and Mel will ruthlessly end any romance. But when one of them grows a conscience, their friendship begins to unravel.
    I thought the trailer for this was actually funny, will defo check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Playing for Time (1980) is on Netflix now. Its about the Auschwitz Womens Orchestra who had to play for the Nazis in the hopes of delaying their deaths or in some cases saving their lives.

• Advertisement

its david fincher , i'll give it a go

Oooh - liking the idea of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement