Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Dante7 wrote: »
    They do take certain aspects of it very seriously. Especially the iconography.
    Look at the headstones in graveyards up and down the country
    It's a chance to flaunt their wealth
    Paid for in cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Jimmy never stabbed me with a pitchfork or he never chased me with a machete

At first I laughed because of how ridiculous the statement is but then I realised he probably did do those things. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I first I thought this was funny, weird look at them swearing on the bible etc.

Then I realised travellers take religion VERY seriously (unlike me who does not believe in it at all).

Also in court of law when a person promises to tell the truth what do they swear on?
    When the President of America takes the oath of office he swears on a bible etc

Are those things hilariously funny as well?

I mean people give travellers stick about taxes, fighting etc where it is justifiable.
    But now it seems it has moved on to just 'laugh at the travellers' and thier implied primitive ways.

They are not doing any harm to you or me by making these videos.
    Whether they are telling the truth or not is another matter for debate.

But when travellers take something seriously like religion which can be used for good, and a social order can be established and behaviour can be moderated as a result - they are laughed at.

I am just ashamed at myself that I laughed it, and I have been dragged down to the level of others.

It is a good job I don't believe in hell. :eek:

I go to mass weekly. All this does is denigrate my religion. I'm extremely surprised to see the priest playing along with this crap.

I must find out the next time I'm chatting with the priest what the story is with a bunch of morons videoing what appears to be a religious ritual only to be posting it on the Internet for sh@ts and gigs.

When I was younger I even remember the priest saying recording equipment wasn't allowed in the church for any type of ceremony. I wonder how they'd feel about crap like this being recorded just to be put on the Internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Mwalshd2

Voodoo. Like like something from a cannabil island full of savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I go to mass weekly. All this does is denigrate my religion. I'm extremely surprised to see the priest playing along with this crap.

I'm not sure I believe it was a real priest or maybe I just don't believe anything a traveller does. And I'm not familiar with the Leicseanair but as far as I know its not a bible.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I believe it was a real priest or maybe I just don't believe anything a traveller does. And I'm not familiar with the Leicseanair but as far as I know its not a bible.

I'm sceptical enough myself tbh. But the only thing is, why? If the whole thing is a show why? It seems bizarre

I first I thought this was funny, weird look at them swearing on the bible etc.

Then I realised travellers take religion VERY seriously (unlike me who does not believe in it at all).

Also in court of law when a person promises to tell the truth what do they swear on?
    When the President of America takes the oath of office he swears on a bible etc

Are those things hilariously funny as well?

I mean people give travellers stick about taxes, fighting etc where it is justifiable.
    But now it seems it has moved on to just 'laugh at the travellers' and thier implied primitive ways.

They are not doing any harm to you or me by making these videos.
    Whether they are telling the truth or not is another matter for debate.

But when travellers take something seriously like religion which can be used for good, and a social order can be established and behaviour can be moderated as a result - they are laughed at.

I am just ashamed at myself that I laughed it, and I have been dragged down to the level of others.

It is a good job I don't believe in hell. :eek:

I've always found the Catholic thing very wierd.

I go to mass every week and have done most of my life. I can't ever mind seeing a Traveller there. I have however, been threatened with the big brother treatment from little ratbags wearing holy medals. I also see travellers wearing rosary beads and scapulars while lurching up and down the street while trying to look menacing. I also remember when I was boxing they'd usually have some kind of relic tied around their boots. I wonder if the guy who robbed my grandmother's house was wearing any of his lucky charms.

Another thing I can't wrap my head around is your typical foaming at the mouth Liberal that has no problem getting took into me for my religion is usually the first up to defend these people. I wonder what the thought process there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yes, I’ve a feeling she was lying. I believe he was indeed chasing her with a pitchfork.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭shannonman81

Over the last couple of weeks I've been reading over this thread when I've had time.

Right now I'm sitting in work coming towards the end of a twelve hour day. I did the same yesterday and I'll do it again tomorrow.
    I get in from work tonight to put my two kids to bed (2&4) and I won't see them again until this time tomorrow night.
    After they are asleep I'll try and spend some time with my wife but to be honest I'll be too tired to have any sort of meaningful conversation.
    I worked hard and grafted to get a trade and I continue to work hard and try and upskill and better myself.

It boils my blood to see where taxes are going. I can't fathom someone who thinks it's acceptable to scrounge, it's not a culture, it's not ok, it's not right.
    People like Margaret Cash are a drain on society. My wife and I had to think long and hard about whether we could afford kids never mind shooting them out for fun.

Something needs to change, however I don't believe it will.

Also they are not a separate Race they are Caucasian.

I'm sceptical enough myself tbh. But the only thing is, why? If the whole thing is a show why? It seems bizarre

In the video with the young woman swearing she never met Darren at the cinema it is a priest called Fr Shane Sullivan in Castlebar.
    You can google him, he's a real priest!

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    In the video with the young woman swearing she never met Darren at the cinema it is a priest called Fr Shane Sullivan in Castlebar.
    You can google him, he's a real priest!

Like I say bizarre

At first I laughed because of how ridiculous the statement is but then I realised he probably did do those things. :(

Nine months from now's episode of traveller swearing on the bible on YouTube featuring Bernard Sweeny swears blind Sir that he wasn't tapping Margaret while Johnny was in jail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

It seems that a traveller called Pat "Big Bang" Ward has died. The circumstances aren't clear, but some online videos are saying he was murdered. Seemed like a nice guy.

https://amp.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/there-was-a-huge-gash-on-her-head-29642544.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It seems that a traveller called Pat "Big Bang" Ward has died. The circumstances aren't clear, but some online videos are saying he was murdered. Seemed like a nice guy.

https://amp.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/there-was-a-huge-gash-on-her-head-29642544.html

Good enough for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

According to the comments of a terrible YouTube tribute video, he was the man found murdered in Tyrone this morning.

Did he go out with a bang or a whimper?

Nothing like a bit of traveller justice, they even have the kids in the room to show how it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good enough for him.

Wonder which town will have to shutter up for the funeral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

That's racist dot gif

Ballymote

• Advertisement

I hear the funeral will be delayed by a week as they wait for the ship to dock in Dublin harbour carrying the 30 tonne of polished granite for the headstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Nothing like a bit of traveller justice, they even have the kids in the room to show how it's done!

This sort of neanderthal behaviour has to stop - if we can access it so can the guards - why is Parvee Point etc not coming out and condemning this mindlessness.

They really are scum

Witness statements from an ordinary, run of the mill traveller altercation. The expense to the Exchequer for having to deal with them must be staggering. Something needs to be done.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2080239455395424&id=100002281701709

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

They don't take it seriously though, hasn't the Bible a few things in it about stealing, lying, and fighting?

They take the pagan aspects seriously - tokens, rituals, prayers for intercession, icons, statues, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ballymote

It's ok ballymote is well prepared....

Have a house not far away and they can handle their SH1T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I follow this thread & have posted in it now & then.

I hate doing it now as I get so angry about the whole scene.

One thing I do know is that a few years ago Boards.ie would never have let a thread like this run for any length of time.

Also, I know I would have been banned for the posts I put up earlier in the thread.

Travellers make new enemies every single day of every single week that goes by & attitudes are hardening by the day towards them.

Their leaders are joke. Not one of them are worth their weight in bird droppings, to be honestly honest.

They think they're smart with their carry on, but in reality they're only tightning the noose around their own collective necks with their attitude problem.

The more they act up, the closer they come to the crackdown they are clearly begging for.

When that day happens, I'll be in the front row taking photos.

Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

What has this to do with cash???

It was in response to the idiotic poster who suggested having a "special" child is as an easy way to continue benefits for life.

Don't know what that had to do with Cash either but the poster who responded to that was well within in their rights.

I totally agree with that poster by the way, I would rather starve on the streets right now in Ireland than have a special needs child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

If no-one finds that video scary by the very fact there's a male in the background to make sure she's saying what's she supposed to say I don't know.!!!!

This is actually pretty awful. From a Facebook post about abortion.

“Margaret Elizabeth Cash
    Me personally I do not agree with abortion I no some poor wemon go true a lot like rape exc but my mommy was raped and dats how I was born I'm so glad and greatfull she keept me and gave me life but if she had giving me away at birth I wudda never held dat against her lord rest but she didn't and she loved me no matter who was my daddy my point is children don't ask to be created no matter the circumstances if I didn't want a child I'd give it 2 sum1 who wud I wud never kill my own baby”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

This is actually pretty awful. From a Facebook post about abortion.

“Margaret Elizabeth Cash
    Me personally I do not agree with abortion I no some poor wemon go true a lot like rape exc but my mommy was raped and dats how I was born I'm so glad and greatfull she keept me and gave me life but if she had giving me away at birth I wudda never held dat against her lord rest but she didn't and she loved me no matter who was my daddy my point is children don't ask to be created no matter the circumstances if I didn't want a child I'd give it 2 sum1 who wud I wud never kill my own baby”

The lack of punctuation and grammar hurts my eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement