Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    €0 for the first €20K, €1 for each K of the next €10K, €2 for each K of the next 20K and €4 for each K thereafter.
    It does seem a bit high for savings / investments, that's a yield of like 14% per year.

You do not know how to add !

And you reckon the last 50K will earn 25% a year !

unless you are planning on going into Loan sharking thats just nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    €0 for the first €20K, €1 for each K of the next €10K, €2 for each K of the next 20K and €4 for each K thereafter.
    It does seem a bit high for savings / investments, that's a yield of like 14% per year.
    You do not know how to add !

it is not their maths that is the issue. It should have said

€0 for the first €20K, €1 for each K of the next €10K, €2 for each K of the next 10K and €4 for each K thereafter.

which gives you (10 x 1) + (10 x 2) + (60 x 4) = 270

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Okay so 25% on the last 60K !

Other than loan sharking if they know that investment please share

Okay so 25% on the last 60K !

Other than loan sharking if they know that investment please share

the link to the source of those numbers was already posted. They were no just made up. Well not by anybody anybody here at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

Lads I think some of ye are missing the point regarding the means test vs yield on €100k. The means test is not assuming you get a yield of 14% as a steady income to do you forever, it's assuming you eat into the 100k capital, week to week for a period of time, ya know to support yourself, while you are JOB SEEKING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Surely there's something somewhere that the state can put a court order in place that allows her to access the money now, do she can provide from her family, instead of sponging from the taxpayer until she's 35?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

This is getting really out of hand with this **** now.

You know, I’ve been in most in the Middle Eastern country’s.
    I’ve been in Muslim country’s in south east Asia and had thousands of interactions with Muslim people both over there and here and I’ve never had a bad experience with any of them.
    Yet the few hundreds travelers I’ve encountered, I’ve had issues with or just felt like you wanted them to leave.
    Even when I was young drinking in a field they’d come over and while I was never afraid of them ,the atmosphere would just just change when they arrived.
    Then one of them robbed money on my Mam about 10 years ago. Muslim doctors and nurses have help both my parents in hospitals and they provide a **** load more to this country than travelers have ever given.

But yet all you hear is about not letting them into our country when we actually have a race of people here that’s 20 times worse.

Also, it doesn't mean she's actually earning that in interest but that in order to calculate how much / whether she qualifies for dole purposes, that's the figure they use as her weekly income (whether she earns more or less than that in reality doesn't come into it).

airy fairy wrote: »
    Surely there's something somewhere that the state can put a court order in place that allows her to access the money now, do she can provide from her family, instead of sponging from the taxpayer until she's 35?

No. The state do not own or control the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭airy fairy

No. The state do not own or control the money.

So it sits there pretty, the 100k, until she turns 35.
    And if she declares it in 7 years, she will be means rested against social welfare at the time.
    So regardless of how much her nest egg contains, she can claim and claim and nothing can be done right now?

• Advertisement

I’m not sure if he’s back inside. Last August he was on remand but was later released but has his case been heard yet?

Cynic in me still thinks the separated spiel is still just that, spiel. She said she was single when he was on remand then lo and behold, they are trying again when he gets out. My take is they then saw it as beneficial for her to be single so throw up that pic of a woman walking outside (cos it really proved cheating, that pic) but the reality is they are still husband and wife.

Watch this space.

That was before he went off with someone else leaving poor Mags heartbroken livid. He’s since said that he’s gotten married last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I assume a traveller marriage and not a legal marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

airy fairy wrote: »
    So it sits there pretty, the 100k, until she turns 35.

Depending on how it's setup (cash vs. other asset class or investment), it may be earning an amount for every year it sits untouched and she'll end up getting a sum considerably larger than that. Based on the wording quoted by the Sun, I would assume that to be true:
    when she has attained the age of 35 years to pay the capital and accrued income to her for her own use and benefit

I'd expect her to actually net €130K-€150K then if it's earning 3.5-5% a year over the 8 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

That was before he went off with someone else leaving poor Mags heartbroken livid. He’s since said that he’s gotten married last month.

He has a new facebook and didn't update the part about being married until last month.
    I'm fairly sure they are legally married for a very long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Floppybits wrote: »
    I wonder if i would get a thumbs of her if I said she was a MILF? 😀
    A two bag job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Floppybits wrote: »
    I wonder if i would get a thumbs of her if I said she was a MILF? 😀
    A two bag job!

She already explained that it would be a mortal sin to live further than waking distance from her mothers grave, you still don't get her culture :mad:

So travelling is against her culture? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

tuxy wrote: »
    He has a new facebook and didn't update the part about being married until last month.
    I'm fairly sure they are legally married for a very long time now.
    Very strange for travellers to divorce.

• Advertisement

I've never heard of a single case of divorce amongst travellers. You can be sure it's the same with these two and the changing of facebook status's will just indicate if they are on speaking terms or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

tuxy wrote: »
    She already explained that it would be a mortal sin to live further than waking distance from her mothers grave, you still don't get her culture :mad:

It's a mortal sin to neglect your living children

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Going by her feed today she really supports the nurses anyway. That’s nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

airy fairy wrote:
    So it sits there pretty, the 100k, until she turns 35

I wonder will Johno ditch the new moth and come crawling back to Mags?

Aska wrote: »

I think that he already has.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Aska wrote: »

I think that he already has.
    Wonder will the new moth have an angle now.

Wonder will the new moth have an angle now.

45 degree angle punch when Mags catches up with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Going by her feed today she really supports the nurses anyway. That’s nice.

Of course she does, gets good use of them with 1+7 medical cards. I wonder does she support them as much when her brethren are smashing ER's up on fri/sat nights across the country
    But yet all you hear is about not letting them into our country when we actually have a race of people here that’s 20 times worse.

They are not a race, no matter how much inda and pavee point try to tell us

She just commented in support of the family who got €70K from Aer Lingus because their child spilt a cup of hot chocolate on themselves.

Probably trying to do the sums right now.. What's €70K x 7?

• Advertisement

58ea5e2d82e2d0ebfd2b35c1d13045a4.png

I think Johnny is back in the good books, we could be getting a bundle of joy in 2019 after all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement