Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Never going to happen.

A Person in her position should keep the head down and not be drawing attention to herself at every opportunity. There are 100's of Mags Cash's that no one knows about because they keep the head down.

She's drawing attention to herself to try and get herself a '4eva home'

Remember the woman down in Cork with the 9 kids plus the 4 her partner had? Cash only came out of the woodwork after that story broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was listening to Joe Duffy earlier and he had a pensioner on who was getting carer’s allowance to care for her son, but had it stopped recently when she was hospitalised for 6 weeks. Their reasons for stopping it (not just temporary, but permanently) was because being ill in hospital meant she wasn’t where she was supposed to be, at home caring for her son; even though the money always went to her son’s care and the household in general.
    It was an absolute shame to have a woman of her age crying down the phone on national radio after having her assistance culled through no fault of her own, and is now left with only a non-contributory state pension. She said she had €30 left today to last her a week after she had bills paid and groceries got.
    She is representative of the most vulnerable in society. Not Margaret Cash with a 100k wad ready and waiting once she’s bled the state dry. It’s the likes of her we need to be championing, old age pensioner with a disabled son, no access to social media to get her plight across, and not agile enough to pound the streets with a megaphone shouting for more money. All she wants is her allowance to be reinstated so she can care for her son’s needs. Her case puts Margaret to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Heard that too, was thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I was listening to Joe Duffy earlier and he had a pensioner on who was getting carer’s allowance to care for her son, but had it stopped recently when she was hospitalised for 6 weeks. Their reasons for stopping it (not just temporary, but permanently) was because being ill in hospital meant she wasn’t where she was supposed to be, at home caring for her son; even though the money always went to her son’s care and the household in general.
    It was an absolute shame to have a woman of her age crying down the phone on national radio after having her assistance culled through no fault of her own, and is now left with only a non-contributory state pension. She said she had €30 left today to last her a week after she had bills paid and groceries got.
    She is representative of the most vulnerable in society. Not Margaret Cash with a 100k wad ready and waiting once she’s bled the state dry. It’s the likes of her we need to be championing, old age pensioner with a disabled son, no access to social media to get her plight across, and not agile enough to pound the streets with a megaphone shouting for more money. All she wants is her allowance to be reinstated so she can care for her son’s needs. Her case puts Margaret to shame.
    Reading this has my blood boiling.I need to lay off this thread for a while because it only reminds of what a kip this country has become the way its run.Off now before i have a Liam Neeson moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What is it with travellers and Waterford crystal.....

Was just out with the wife and 3 of them in the shop getting boxes and boxes of stuff.

Total comes to near €200 they want some back for luck then proceed to make phone calls to get more crystal and waiting to see if they have more stock.....

Some serious wads of cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What has this to do with cash???
    Don’t quite follow what your point is?

Sorry, never included a point. I wanted to show that there are people out there who badly need this, just in case people start jumping on that bandwagon. It was early (for me) and I was just starting work, I'm sure the point was better when I was thinking of it at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Jeesus Christ, that it just a horrible story.
    There are so many older people out there in a similar situation who need help but who are not getting it. Sometimes they are just too proud to ask for help; other times they say that there are people out there who need it more than them.
    Similarly, the same can be said for carers and the lack of assistance that they get.

Yet, we have all the money in the world for the squeaky-wheel types like Margaret Cash and other fanciful liberal causes.
    Something seriously wrong with this country. Margaret Cash has plenty of advocates in RTE and other areas of liberal Irish society; where are the advocates for the older people in Ireland who have contributed to society all their lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Was just out with the wife and 3 of them in the shop getting boxes and boxes of stuff.

Total comes to near €200 they want some back for luck then proceed to make phone calls to get more crystal and waiting to see if they have more stock.....

All money and no class. It's not unique to travellers. Have you ever seen an episode of MTV cribs? New money millionaires with mansions that look gaudy and tacky but they see status in displaying their wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Wedding presents?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So here's something new. This is the second video like this of a traveller going to the local priest, putting his hand on the bible and swearing that he was faithful to his wife.
    I guess priests have nothing better to do these days.

https://twitter.com/hellolollypop/status/1093589743395397632?s=21

It reminds me of Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle :D

• Advertisement

Wedding presents?

Candle sticks, many many more candle sticks and all sorts of crystal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

If travellers divorce are they still allowed to be cousins?

You don’t get much Waterford crystal for €200!

You don’t get much Waterford crystal for €200!

When on sale you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I take it all back. They are definitely a separate ethnicity. They are nothing like normal civilised people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

tuxy wrote: »
    So here's something new. This is the second video like this of a traveller going to the local priest, putting his hand on the bible and swearing that he was faithful to his wife.
    I guess priests have nothing better to do these days.

https://twitter.com/hellolollypop/status/1093589743395397632?s=21

It reminds me of Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle :D

WTF???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Gravelly wrote: »
    WTF???

It's a strange world we live in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,018 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

There's a market there for priests as moonlight as security guards in Rural areas. Can you imagine, Young Ward and Co. rock up at a lonely farm late one night to case the joint/follow their dogs/investigate a field before buying it. What's going to scare them away more - the old man with a shotgun, or the old man with a collar and a bible?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jesus Christ. Priests must be bored. While they have their hand on the bible, see will they swear to holy god on the holy bible that thou shalt not steal

For a bunch that are so religious, they have a loose regard for some of the basic rules of their faith.

• Advertisement

Impressed by the lad from Letterkenny in the 2nd clip he must work really hard to provide for his wife and 10 kids. Although he said he is giving up his house, hope he gets a quick sale.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,257 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

tuxy wrote: »
    It's a strange world we live in

I first I thought this was funny, weird look at them swearing on the bible etc.

Then I realised travellers take religion VERY seriously (unlike me who does not believe in it at all).

Also in court of law when a person promises to tell the truth what do they swear on?
    When the President of America takes the oath of office he swears on a bible etc

Are those things hilariously funny as well?

I mean people give travellers stick about taxes, fighting etc where it is justifiable.
    But now it seems it has moved on to just 'laugh at the travellers' and thier implied primitive ways.

They are not doing any harm to you or me by making these videos.
    Whether they are telling the truth or not is another matter for debate.

But when travellers take something seriously like religion which can be used for good, and a social order can be established and behaviour can be moderated as a result - they are laughed at.

I am just ashamed at myself that I laughed it, and I have been dragged down to the level of others.

It is a good job I don't believe in hell. :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

But when travellers take something seriously like religion which can be used for good, and a social order can be established and behaviour can be moderated as a result - they are laughed at.

They don't take it seriously though, hasn't the Bible a few things in it about stealing, lying, and fighting?

I first I thought this was funny, weird look at them swearing on the bible etc.

Then I realised travellers take religion VERY seriously (unlike me who does not believe in it at all).

Also in court of law when a person promises to tell the truth what do they swear on?
    When the President of America takes the oath of office he swears on a bible etc

Are those things hilariously funny as well?

I mean people give travellers stick about taxes, fighting etc where it is justifiable.
    But now it seems it has moved on to just 'laugh at the travellers' and thier implied primitive ways.

They are not doing any harm to you or me by making these videos.
    Whether they are telling the truth or not is another matter for debate.

I am just ashamed at myself that I laughed it, and I have been dragged down to the level of others.

It is a good job I don't believe in hell. :eek:

They don't take religion seriously - it frowns upon the whole stealing/violence thing.

They don't take it seriously though, hasn't the Bible a few things in it about stealing, lying, and fighting?

Got there before me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

They don't take religion seriously - it frowns upon the whole stealing/violence thing.

They do take certain aspects of it very seriously. Especially the iconography.

Gravelly wrote:
    Got there before me!

No harm saying it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It's not stealing if you take it from a countryman

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

They do though for reasons unknown. Like Margaret posts 2-3 times a day "motivational posts" about praying to god or being thankful to god for everything he has given her - even on the days she gets bad news or things don't go her way. Probably comparable to how poor people are more likely to depend on religion.

In fairness most modern Christians don't practice half of what they preach either. No sex before marriage, No homosexuality, No abortions, Divorce is only allowed if one partner is unfaithful etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    They do though for reasons unknown. Like Margaret posts 2-3 times a day "motivational posts" about praying to god or being thankful to god for everything the government has given her -
    fixed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement