Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

The KG form I think should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    Waiting patiently and Bdm out of the race early,Politologue didn't jump or travel which for a 2 miler stepping up in trip wouldve been what you'd think he definitely would do.
    Native river only got going when the race was over so CDO beat a ten year old injury prone Thistlecrack with his best days behind him by 1and a half lengths or so, albeit visually impressive.
    I'm finding it hard to find the value in the Gold cup and was hoping CDO would be it but after watching the King George back a few times I think it's not worth following. Who's going to be the big 20/1 shock winner :confused:
    Maybe Elliott's mare, she loved that hill last year but it was over much shorter and hasn't had the chance to get battle hardened this season but should be a big price on the day.

Excellent analysis Pat. Can’t disagree with a word.

It’s very hard to look beyond PP. Everything stacks up with him given the runs of Monalee and EE at Christmas.

Shattered Love is a great mare but very very ground dependant.

I am giving people stick about CDO but I do like Kemboy. Obviously lacks the track form but his run at Christmas was brilliant and I think the right horse filled the places behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

I am giving people stick about CDO but I do like Kemboy. Obviously lacks the track form but his run at Christmas was brilliant and I think the right horse filled the places behind.

Kemboy unplaced at 2 goes at the track. If you are discounting CDO on Cheltenham form then surely Kemboy has no chance? His form there is worse.

Im not backing either by the way but just strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

And in a move surprising no one.......

Given the obvious hit in recent days, PP are now NRNB on all races

NRNB is great and all but it has basically ruined antepost markets in the last 5 or so years. Half the allure about antepost and betting months in advance was trying to outsmart the layers. Now they just cut the **** off of everything and stick NRNB on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Excellent analysis Pat. Can’t disagree with a word.

It’s very hard to look beyond PP. Everything stacks up with him given the runs of Monalee and EE at Christmas.

Shattered Love is a great mare but very very ground dependant.

It's a funny race the Gc, but who did pp beat the over a chase that is a gc contender, no one. At 3/1 he's not for me.
    But saying that it looks a weak gc and I think a punt on Bellshill and road to respect are the ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    NRNB is great and all but it has basically ruined antepost markets in the last 5 or so years. Half the allure about antepost and betting months in advance was trying to outsmart the layers. Now they just cut the **** off of everything and stick NRNB on it.

I like nrnb, but if you dont want it there is value on the befair exchange. I stuck a few quid on Mite Byte at 31 on it. He is going and Henderson has a record of getting them back. He is still a lightly raced 10yo. Last years form in the race is superb. It comes with risks obviously , but if he can be got back to form he''ll have a shot (especially on good ground). Im thinking there is too many of last years novices near the top of the market, and im not sure we know for sure yet the comparitive form.

aidankkk wrote: »
    I like nrnb, but if you dont want it there is value on the befair exchange. I stuck a few quid on Mite Byte at 31 on it. He is going and Henderson has a record of getting them back. He is still a lightly raced 10yo. Last years form in the race is superb. It comes with risks obviously , but if he can be got back to form he''ll have a shot (especially on good ground). Im thinking there is too many of last years novices near the top of the market, and im not sure we know for sure yet the comparitive form.

I mean there is merits for both NRNB and antepost and yes i often use the exchange with antepost if i can get the price i want or else i stick up a price to get matched.
    Around now is fine for NRNB. 1 month before. People crying out for it in December and January is unnecessary.

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Kemboy unplaced at 2 goes at the track. If you are discounting CDO on Cheltenham form then surely Kemboy has no chance? His form there is worse.

Im not backing either by the way but just strange.

Prone to nonsense Purkiss.

But if someone put a gun to my head (please don’t) and says to me your life on CDO or Kemboy around Prestbury Park on 15 March 2019 (ðŸ™) , 💯% on Kem. His Christmas performance was special, CDOs was not.

It's a funny race the Gc, but who did pp beat the over a chase that is a gc contender, no one. At 3/1 he's not for me.
    But saying that it looks a weak gc and I think a punt on Bellshill and road to respect are the ones.

I am hoping PP drifts on the day as the UK punter sides with WP, Gordon, Nicky, PFN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

How the hell was Kemboys run special.......it was a terrible race, a crawl and david mullins took the chance to put his horse in front after 1/2 way, went it came to a race 2 out nothing was good enough to make up the few lengths he had in front

CDO won a true run king george

• Advertisement

Prone to nonsense Purkiss.

But if someone put a gun to my head (please don’t) and says to me your life on CDO or Kemboy around Prestbury Park on 15 March 2019 (ðŸ™) , ��% on Kem. His Christmas performance was special, CDOs was not.

Id take the opposite view if im honest. I thought the King George was 2 or 3 times the race the Lexus was.

How the hell was Kemboys run special.......it was a terrible race, a crawl and david mullins took the chance to put his horse in front after 1/2 way, went it came to a race 2 out nothing was good enough to make up the few lengths he had in front

Ok, “abit” special

He thumped some very good animals. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

Confirmation bias I think is the best term for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Native River was off the bridle half way around in the KG thats how you knew they were going a good clip. He wasnt getting scrubbed along like that in last years Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

Kemboy has no chance in the Gold Cup. Plenty of jockeys and trainers afterwards said the Leopardstown race was a strange race and it was hard to know what to make of it. I don’t know if gets up the hill at Cheltenham. In a poor enough looking Gold Cup I still wouldn’t see him as a likely winner. Clan Des Obeaux was impressive in the King George and I’d rate him a lot higher. Nicholls thinks an awful lot of him and he knows what he needs in a Gold Cup contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Backed Lethal Steps for the Fred Winter this evening, before he runs on Sunday.

20s with Lads seemed fair to me and worth a few bob e/w. The juvenile form will be well tested on Sunday, so hopefully it works out.

Probably makes no odds as Cheltenham will be cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Slattsy wrote: »
    Probably makes no odds as Cheltenham will be cancelled :(

Certainly precariously flaming close hopefully they've got on top of it quickly if other yards are found to be infected then can't see it going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Chelt ante-post portfolio - Angels Breath Supreme Le Richebourg Arkle and Laurina Champion Hurdle €25 each way treble. (Very speculative)
    City Island 14/1 Ballymore Novices Hurdle €100 each way runs in Nass tomorrow hoping he wins in positive style in what appears a weak race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

mohican22 wrote: »
    Chelt ante-post portfolio - Angels Breath Supreme Le Richebourg Arkle and Laurina Champion Hurdle €25 each way treble. (Very speculative)
    City Island 14/1 Ballymore Novices Hurdle €100 each way runs in Nass tomorrow hoping he wins in positive style in what appears a weak race

Lotta love for City Island. Hope he does the business for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How good would Passageway have been. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Won't stay that price for long

Slattsy wrote: »
    Backed Lethal Steps for the Fred Winter this evening, before he runs on Sunday.

20s with Lads seemed fair to me and worth a few bob e/w. The juvenile form will be well tested on Sunday, so hopefully it works out.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

what race does Champagne Classic run in? 4-miler or RSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

what race does Champagne Classic run in? 4-miler or RSA?

I would edge NH Chase as they have Delta Work for the RSA but at the same time Gigginstown did run both Don Poli and Wounded Warrior in the RSA with one winning and the other coming 3rd so it’s a tricky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

With British racing cancelled for the foreseeable are Irish horses going to be in with a greater chance for Cheltenham in terms of preperation ?

Not unless the horse was due to run, big ones i can think of of top of me head Native River and CDO. Certainly wont have helped.

Some of those in the Betfair hurdle. Definitely a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

PP just gone NRNB on all races.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

If Coney Island lines ups in the Ryanair, he certainly won't be a 40/1 shot, which 365 have advertised NRNB. Seems solid ew value getting quarter odds also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Advertisement