Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

365/VC NRNB now on all races too

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

akelly02 wrote: »
    santini says hello

misses his prep run this weekend due to the vaccination rule

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

misses his prep run this weekend due to the vaccination rule

will still go off favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

santini says hello

Santini, that NH is all day moaning about not getting a run in time? Delta will go off fav on the day

will still go off favourite

why so??
    They are close in the market as it is, santinis prep has been all over the gaff
    Delta fav

• Advertisement

why so??
    They are close in the market as it is, santinis prep has been all over the gaff
    Delta fav

ill have a private bet with ya if ya want.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

ill have a private bet with ya if ya want.

cringe

OsmosisJ wrote: »
    cringe

whats cringey about it?

going on about nicky not getting a run in, delta pulled out of a run only last week

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

365/VC NRNB now on all races too

And now is the time to stop backing ap. In most cases anyway.
    Value gone in one fell swoop as they systematically knock points off everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

If Percy hacks up this weekend, with the ground in his favour, come the festival with the entire nation backing him, could we have a 2/1f for the GC

He is a desperate price at 3/1, he has never beaten graded company over fences, probably won't meet them this weekend either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Slattsy wrote: »
    Value gone in one fell swoop as they systematically knock points off everything.

Jeez im fairly happy, there is plenty of value, on ones i was looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

He is a desperate price at 3/1, he has never beaten graded company over fences, probably won't meet them this weekend either.

He beat graded horses in last years RSA?

TheTorment wrote: »
    Ive backed him for the 4 miler but am ready to cashout! I think that he will turn up in the Kim Muir. Ive taken 20-1 in the Kim Muir too with 365.

He needs to have one other run to get in but theres plenty of time yet! As soon as I see him entered ill be cashing out the 4 miler bet.

Glenloe into 8-1 fav for Kim Muir now that Bet365 went nrnb.

Just needs that other run now....

Well bollox anyway, i should have pulled the trigger on this lad weeks ago. :mad:

You might wanna rethink that .........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

I think it's pretty clear he means he hasn't beaten any graded chasers in open company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I see on RP app he is 144 OR which is assume is his irish mark, english capper surely bumps him over 145 missing the Kim Muir? Could be Ultima if so?

Where's best place to see the h'cap thresholds in an easy format?

Glenloe surely doesnt have an OR? Only two starts.

Glenloe surely doesnt have an OR? Only two starts.

It says OR but is that an approx rating should he be given one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

See link for list of past winners of the Kim Muir.

www.timeform.com/cheltenham-festival/past-winners/fulke-walwyn-kim-muir

From memory this race has been traditionally won by GB based trainers. In the past few years a few of Gordon Elliott's have turned up. Also, the enigma that is Jim Culloty had a winner a few years back, but this is definitely a new trend, albeit that only one Irish trainer has been competitive in the last five years.

I respect that trends are not the only way to pick winners. But in one of the biggest cluster**** handicaps of the festival they certainly will help you get some handle on the runners. Unless you have serious stable info that a certain horse is being steered towards this handicap I think anyone backing a horse at this stage is shooting in the dark.

Even if you know of a stable targeting the race, it is easily one of the most competitive handicaps of the year. Loads of stables will have their eye on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Your bang on. Interesting discussion on betting markets, see link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71d2JdCzjc

I actually had Soloman Grundy on my mind for the Kim Muir before Sunday after he ran an eyecatcher in the paddy power over xmas. On Sunday he wasn’t pushed around till later on and finished a well beaten 5th so i don’t know his plans or aim now.

He is 33/1 nrnb for it and the owner Brookhouse did win it the other year with Doomsday Book.

You might wanna rethink that .........

Who has he beat in chases, monalee ,black corton and ballycasey.That's hardly gold cup credentials.
    He is shocking value at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Who has he beat in chases, monalee ,black corton and ballycasey.That's hardly gold cup credentials.

Elegant escape ?

BumperD wrote: »
    Elegant escape ?

An average novice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

An average novice.

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

PP is a solid fav and most likely winner of this years gold cup as it stands, his whole season has been purely aimed at winning the gold cup that his trainer has been ridiculously tentative in where he prep runs him, his form stacks up and he should only improve.
    People on the clan des obeaux boat need there heads checked, the horse was relatively exposed before the king George so for him to do what he done tells me it was a poor race, WP and BDM fell early, politologue not a 3 miler, native river was pushed along nearly the whole race and might bite below form.
    Thistlecrack being 2nds cements everything I’m saying as there was very little between him and clan des obeaux in there previous race.

Be sure to come back here on the Saturday after Percy hacks up Charlie! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Be sure to come back here on the Saturday after Percy hacks up Charlie! :)

I don't think Charlie said anything outrageous there. I'm a percy backer and fanboy, am on at the 6-1 that was available pretty much until Christmas but I agree that he's plenty skinny now at 11-4. Love him as a horse, love the potential that's there but he's 11-4 for a gold cup without having run in an open company chase. Obviously as a result of that there's always the argument to be made that he hasn't beaten much because he hasn't had the chance to.

I'll still be roaring for him

Advertisement