Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Not being smart but is that the reason they are running incredibly well...how long do the benefits last? Excuse my ignorance on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

BumperD wrote: »
    Not being smart but is that the reason they are running incredibly well...how long do the benefits last? Excuse my ignorance on the subject

Good question and probably impossible to quantify.

This is as much as I know about the case tbh:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RacingPost/status/1042439421381894144

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Good question and probably impossible to quantify.

This is as much as I know about the case tbh:

Sorry link not working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »

You really haven't a clue about drugs, do you? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

You really haven't a clue about drugs, do you? :pac::pac::pac:

Reporting post. Flaming :)

I walked into that one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Top Owner betting at Cheltenham has JP slight fav over Giggy (4/5 vs 10/11). I would think JP has quite a strong hand this year (strengthened by purchase of Fakir D'Oudaires & Blue Sari), anyone agree or see an agreement supporting Gigginstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

culline wrote: »
    Top Owner betting at Cheltenham has JP slight fav over Giggy (4/5 vs 10/11). I would think JP has quite a strong hand this year (strengthened by purchase of Fakir D'Oudaires & Blue Sari), anyone agree or see an agreement supporting Gigginstown?
    Only problem for JP is Gerathty is on board.He was brutal at the festivel last year, doesn't ride cheltenham anywhere near as good as Ruby or Davey.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

culline wrote: »
    Only problem for JP is Gerathty is on board.He was brutal at the festivel last year, doesn't ride cheltenham anywhere near as good as Ruby or Davey.

I thought that for a few months but he has been incredible lately. Seems to have recovered the Midas touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Geragthys riding well this season and has far more Cheltenham winners than Davey.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Geragthys riding well this season and has far more Cheltenham winners than Davey.
    Yeah he has been good lately but just cant get last year out of my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Barry Geraghty riding around Cheltenham as a negative :rolleyes:
    Himself and Ruby the 2 best I've ever seen around there and I'm a Mc Coy fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

In the event Cheltenham could be banned from this virus are antepost bets void under these circumstances? I wasn’t betting in 2001 so wouldn’t know but just read this on one firm.

4.) If a horse race is postponed to another day then Ante Post bets stand. However, in the event of the following occurrences happening bets on the market will be void.-
    The race is abandoned.
    The race is officially declared void.
    The conditions of the race are altered after bets are made (as defined under Tattersalls' Rules).
    A horse is balloted out under the current BHA rules.
    The venue is altered.
    The running surface is altered (e.g. Turf to Dirt/All Weather or vice versa).
    The entries of the race are reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Whats the odds on Cheltenham been called off lads? 4/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Whats the odds on Cheltenham been called off lads? 4/1?

Shorter I'd say.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Shorter I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Would they not be able to quarantine the horses before they returned to respective yards or has that stage passed.
    I hope the Irish trainers got this information before they returned home and could quarantine the horses, if they did we are fine to race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

From what I've read it's highly highly contagious. The problem seems to be how long some of these horses had it before it was detected. Hopefully they've locked it down and contained it. But McCain had runners at both meeting yesterday which isn't ideal.

I've absolutely no knowledge of this, that is what I'm reading online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Elliot hardly EVER goes to Ayr........he will be like a lunatic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

[PHP][/PHP]
    Would they not be able to quarantine the horses before they returned to respective yards or has that stage passed.
    I hope the Irish trainers got this information before they returned home and could quarantine the horses, if they did we are fine to race.

thought i read on ATR that Elliotts managed to get his horses quarantined in a satellite yard about 15 miles from his

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

No one listened to us a couple pages back, no one will listen to us know Gringo :o 8/1 is a steal!

Zero from five attempts around Prestbury Park. Are you aware of this?

• Advertisement

Zero from five attempts around Prestbury Park. Are you aware of this?

Last 2 attempts he was 2nd. Course is no problem to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Last 2 attempts he was 2nd. Course is no problem to him.

Who is this ye are referring to ?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Who is this ye are referring to ?

Clan Des Obeaux

Clan Des Obeaux

He hasn’t run in the last two festivals given his dislike of the track.

No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No chance.

Did that come from the horses mouth? :pac:

No chance.

Hes a young horse connections have been biding there time with him imo. Did Nicholls say he didnt like the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

No chance.

He didn't run at Cheltenham last year because he threw a splint. Only back in time for Aintree.

He didn't run at Cheltenham last year because he threw a splint. Only back in time for Aintree.

Bloody fortunate timing for him so.

That KG must have been a strange race. He looked too good if you catch me drift. I note the time of the race was slower than the Feltham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Bloody fortunate timing for him so.

That KG must have been a strange race. He looked too good if you catch me drift. I note the time of the race was slower than the Feltham.
    The KG form I think should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    Waiting patiently and Bdm out of the race early,Politologue didn't jump or travel which for a 2 miler stepping up in trip wouldve been what you'd think he definitely would do.
    Native river only got going when the race was over so CDO beat a ten year old injury prone Thistlecrack with his best days behind him by 1and a half lengths or so, albeit visually impressive.
    I'm finding it hard to find the value in the Gold cup and was hoping CDO would be it but after watching the King George back a few times I think it's not worth following. Who's going to be the big 20/1 shock winner :confused:
    Maybe Elliott's mare, she loved that hill last year but it was over much shorter and hasn't had the chance to get battle hardened this season but should be a big price on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

The King George was run quicker than the Feltham from memory. Also the novices carry 3lbs less so not entirely like for like.

Advertisement