Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

presenting percy is a rancid price for a horse who has never run in open company, Pat kelly is a shrewd operator and punches well above his weight but I have a feeling cause its an irish horse there is serious rose tinted glasses on with posters on here not having a word said against him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Diggy78 wrote: »
    I don't think Charlie said anything outrageous there. I'm a percy backer and fanboy, am on at the 6-1 that was available pretty much until Christmas but I agree that he's plenty skinny now at 11-4. Love him as a horse, love the potential that's there but he's 11-4 for a gold cup without having run in an open company chase. Obviously as a result of that there's always the argument to be made that he hasn't beaten much because he hasn't had the chance to.

I'll still be roaring for him

One of the main reasons I am so sweet on Percy is I don't see much to beat him
    Unless its a Bog, I can't see NR beating him, and nothing NR has done this year would make me think otherwise.

Kemboy is not winning the GC, not if he started now :rolleyes:

Clan is a threat but I would want to see him do it again before I believe he has stepped up that much

Thistlecrack is interesting, and for me, he is the biggest threat given 2 good runs so far this season

Bellshill is another real threat, but if they both run their race I would have Percy every time

The dark horse (literally) if the ground suits and his wind op worked, could yet be MB, however, as things stand right now, the main reason I am so strong for Percy is as much to do with not seeing anything to beat him as anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Id agree that PP is a scandalous price. But the notion that he hasnt run in open company is hilarious. He ran in 2 as a novice for crying out loud.

We will all find out this weekend anyway hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

11/4 is skinny but still think he wins next month if he arrives in same form as last year with natural improvement.

This weekend will be interesting. As long as he gets around safely and puts in a decent round of jumping, that will do for me. I don’t mind if he gets beaten a couple of lengths though would prefer he wins to show his well being. No rose tinted glasses. He’s an improving novice proven over course and won 3m 4f which is what you need. I recall similar doubts about his ability last season going into RSA. Anyway, hopefully he continues in good form and rocks up next month 100% fit and ready. Kemboy is the only other that might fit the profile though not sure he enjoyed that course last year so happy to strike a line through him. Native River doing back to back will be very tough given this years form and record of prior winners. Clan des Obeaux looks like a conti mark 2 to me, 4 failed attempts to win at course, happy to be proven wrong. Frodon would need to improve again, may well do but Nicholls has a bet with someone who offered top 3, PF asked for top 4 so that tells you something. Might bite looked a shadow of himself. Thistlecrack is not going to win as he will not stay the trip given his Cotswold chase race which anyone can view, Kemptons flat track flattered him (sorry anyone who backed him for gc). Think that’s the lot? Which brings us back to the the 2nd season novice Presenting Percy. He’s at the top of the betting for a reason, right now 11/4 looks about right.

The lad on racing post podcast put up First Assignment last night for the Pertemps. I had a good look at him and like his profile/course form. 14/1 looks value nrnb if you can grab it

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    11/4 is skinny but still think he wins next month if he arrives in same form as last year with natural improvement.

This weekend will be interesting. As long as he gets around safely and puts in a decent round of jumping, that will do for me. I don’t mind if he gets beaten a couple of lengths though would prefer he wins to show his well being. No rose tinted glasses. He’s an improving novice proven over course and won 3m 4f which is what you need. I recall similar doubts about his ability last season going into RSA. Anyway, hopefully he continues in good form and rocks up next month 100% fit and ready. Kemboy is the only other that might fit the profile though not sure he enjoyed that course last year so happy to strike a line through him. Native River doing back to back will be very tough given this years form and record of prior winners. Clan des Obeaux looks like a conti mark 2 to me, 4 failed attempts to win at course, happy to be proven wrong. Frodon would need to improve again, may well do but Nicholls has a bet with someone who offered top 3, PF asked for top 4 so that tells you something. Might bite looked a shadow of himself. Thistlecrack is not going to win as he will not stay the trip given his Cotswold chase race which anyone can view, Kemptons flat track flattered him (sorry anyone who backed him for gc). Think that’s the lot? Which brings us back to the the 2nd season novice Presenting Percy. He’s at the top of the betting for a reason, right now 11/4 looks about right.

Bellshill?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The lad on racing post podcast put up First Assignment last night for the Pertemps. I had a good look at him and like his profile/course form. 14/1 looks value nrnb if you can grab it

There's only one winner of that race.

And that's my story really.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Slattsy wrote: »
    There's only one winner of that race.

And that's my story really.

Who's that? Sire du berlais?

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Who's that? Sire du berlais?

Delete that post!

The JLT is going to cut up very badly in my opinion. Outside the top two (and i cant have either) the next in betting arent going to run. This screams opportunity!!

From a look through some tonight, i've come up with Real Steal and Kildisart as two that jump out as being WAY shorter come the day. Especially the Mullins one if Ruby is on.

Any thoughts on this race lads?

• Advertisement

Bellshill?

Him and Road to Respect are evenly matched, given where RTR finished in last years GC, happy they will run their races without troubling the judge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Motivator

Him and Road to Respect are evenly matched, given where RTR finished in last years GC, happy they will run their races without troubling the judge

The Gold Cup is really puzzling this year. Presenting Percy at 3/1 or shorter? Leave him win if he’s good enough, no interest in backing a horse like him at that price in a Gold Cup. That being said, there’s absolutely nothing that appeals to me in the race. I know it’s said every year but this is probably the worst Gold Cup I’ve seen in years, it’s up there with 2014. Put a gun to my head and I’d back Native River - he’s been there and done it but it’s an awful race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Motivator wrote: »
    The Gold Cup is really puzzling this year. Presenting Percy at 3/1 or shorter? Leave him win if he’s good enough, no interest in backing a horse like him at that price in a Gold Cup. That being said, there’s absolutely nothing that appeals to me in the race. I know it’s said every year but this is probably the worst Gold Cup I’ve seen in years, it’s up there with 2014. Put a gun to my head and I’d back Native River - he’s been there and done it but it’s an awful race.

I think it's one of the best Gold Cups in years.

Motivator wrote: »

Sometimes the winner is staring us in the face but agreed, 3/1 skinny. Let’s see who makes it. Still 4 weeks away and as they up their work, prepare for a few to meet setbacks or simply not make it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

The JLT is going to cut up very badly in my opinion. Outside the top two (and i cant have either) the next in betting arent going to run. This screams opportunity!!

From a look through some tonight, i've come up with Real Steal and Kildisart as two that jump out as being WAY shorter come the day. Especially the Mullins one if Ruby is on.

Very dificult to know what turns up here,just after looking through it and the ones that interested me where Chris’s dream who could be another monalee in that he looks better over shorter than 3 miles and champagne classic after a sensation return from a mammoth absence.
    Chris’s dream for me 20/1 nrnb
    Can’t see Henry sending him the rsa route with the quality he be likely to meet.

Very dificult to know what turns up here,just after looking through it and the ones that interested me where Chris’s dream who could be another monalee in that he looks better over shorter than 3 miles and champagne classic after a sensation return from a mammoth absence.
    Can’t see Henry sending him the rsa route with the quality he be likely to meet.

Jesus i missed him. Just looked at the race he won at Punchestown :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Defil all the way Slattsy

Hobbs got his way re the race for him as opposed to Arkle.
    Tis his field!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Defil all the way Slattsy

Hobbs got his way re the race for him as opposed to Arkle.
    Tis his field!

Really hoping Hardline goes for this. Wins :rolleyes:

Cant have a Geraghty ridden Hobbs horse. Its science.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

also all over Hardline for this, can't believe how big he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Cant have a Geraghty ridden Hobbs horse. Its science.
    As a Utd supporter,"Geraghty is not the man anymore"is correct .Slatttsy,you cannot win OH omg you cannot ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Just seen Le Prezien has only been given a 1lb mark higher than last year for winning the Grand Annual.

Can see 20s freely available which I will be having a go at. goes off half that if it turns up on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Just seen Le Prezien has only been given a 1lb mark higher than last year for winning the Grand Annual.

Can see 20s freely available which I will be having a go at. goes off half that if it turns up on the day.

Got a scandalous ride last time out Geraghty didnt try a tap on him.

hawaii501 wrote: »

Yup, goes off sub 10s

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

This season has never really got going properly at all. I don't even have a NAP for Cheltenham yet. Usually have a few at this stage that CANNOT GET BEAT.

CC going for the 4 miler.

CC going for the 4 miler.

Beware the bounce?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Beware the bounce?

Think he’s entered this weekend in the graded novice at Navan

What’s everyones thoughts on Shattered Love in the Gold Cup? Small chance? Chance of running into a place? No hope at all?

Think Percy wins it, Shattered love each way if she’s a big price. Don’t think RTR has any chance but have to stick with him just incase, Tout Est Permis a real dark horse for it he runs but unlikely

This season has never really got going properly at all. I don't even have a NAP for Cheltenham yet. Usually have a few at this stage that CANNOT GET BEAT.

Nap 1 - Apples Jade
    Nap 2 - Altior
    Nap 3 - Footpad
    Nap 4 - Sir Eric

Easy Wickla!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

EICVD wrote: »
    Think he’s entered this weekend in the graded novice at Navan

What’s everyones thoughts on Shattered Love in the Gold Cup? Small chance? Chance of running into a place? No hope at all?

Think Percy wins it, Shattered love each way if she’s a big price. Don’t think RTR has any chance but have to stick with him just incase, Tout Est Permis a real dark horse for it he runs but unlikely

GE said right back as far as October and numerous times since that SL will be trained for the GC. She’s had an ordinary season so far mind ya.

Advertisement