Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having an arguement via text with a person affectionately saved as “bellend” in my phone. Apparently I’m stubborn. I’m not sez I. “Your heart has an arguement with your head every time it wants to beat”. Hear that ringing?? It’s 2009 hun it wants its meme back.

What’s the opposite to stubborn? Passive?
    I’m passive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In my favourite pub.. Will post sensible response for Perse tomorrow.. I will say that babies grow into teens and I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my night away tomorrow night because of mine.. Refusing to be shipped out and Im worried about letting them at home.. We'll see.

I’ll come over and mind them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Always thought I wanted kids. But I go between periods of longing for a baby and giant relief that I don't have one. It's definitely to do with age.... now mid 30s I've become aware of the ticking clock.

Then again, I'll go borrow my sister's kids and I'm very feicin happy to give them back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

my baby is 20 years old next week :) thank god hes a young man now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Edward M wrote: »
    I only offer live service, no AI. :D

Of course, all natural or nothing :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

That's enough chit chat for me tonight, Mrs is gone to the bath, wohooooo, and babies won't be part of the equation.
    I'm conflicted though, last train from gun hill is just about to start on tg4, I love it. One of the best old westerns.

Edward M wrote: »
    That's enough chit chat for me tonight, Mrs is gone to the bath, wohooooo, and babies won't be part of the equation.
    I'm conflicted though, last train from gun hill is just about to start on tg4, I love it. One of the best old westerns.

thats the only bang bang you will get tonite Ed :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

@Ted, I'm so useless at quoting, must figure this out, tis a teapot full of love...or Barrys, another Cork woman! I must get to know the site better though..working on it. Must be the most useless person ever at technology, keep getting logged out on my phone.

Anyhow..about to have chicken and chips, had spinach and eggs all week. Yay healthy eating! To anyone thinking about having a baby...go for it. Too much of life is over thought imo, yes its hard but special, never doubt your ability to be a good parent...it's possible! I'm still trying after nineteen years!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Teapot22 wrote: »
    must figure this out, tis a teapot full of love...or Barrys, another Cork woman!

:D:D

think before you decide to have a baby,look at the state decco bishop is in with hes baby :D:D:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Cup of tea cats fed, cattle fed now i can relax, looking foward to pints Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Went to the local from 6 'til 8.30, lovely evening with the gang of buddies, home now having a cup of tea, 'tis wild out there tonight, ourselves and the cat are glad to be indoors :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Is TCN gone? Normally this kind of thread wasn't tolerated in AH back then.. Or did Sarky finally get his wish?

Is TCN gone? Normally this kind of thread wasn't tolerated in AH back then.. Or did Sarky finally get his wish?

Don't jinx us :D TCN is still going alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m on the couch, after a long day, having a cuppa and hoping my headache goes away so I can eat dinner soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

472554.jpg

+ 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside listening too chilled out music
    472554.jpg
    GoneHome wrote: »
    + 1

I think the kind of kids I want are the kind with paws as well :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,869 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , house warm from the cooker , tv off , listening to the wind . Trawling Netflix for mindless viewing that will make me sleep .

Project Runway was great for that all week , fall asleep watching one episode , wake up a few hours later and several episodes into the series :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

All this talk about hormones. I am dealing with them right now. Think I might be heading for early menopause given how crazy my cycle is.
    I dunno lads. I need to get something off my chest.

I've always said that I wanted kids but just not now. Well "now" has arrived and I still feel the same. I'm quite maternal and very capable around babies but but but. This isn't a decision I can make lightly. Being a parent is huge. There is no part of me that longs for a baby right now. One of my closest friends says this is due to circumstance and if my life were somewhat different then I would be more sure.

Thing is though my life isn't different. It is how it is. I don't have a perfect relationship surrounded by a white picket fence. My boyfriend and I have opposing views on some important things yet I can't imagine him not being in my life.

I'm on the couch and on the fence :p

“Auto puts on her serious hat “

First off Never compare your relationship to anyone else’s, everyone is different. People change overtime and it’s always going to need 2 people to want it and work at it and As long as you both don’t kill each other it’s a great start ;)

On the baby front, don’t overthink it, I personally think you would and will be a great mother. You can decide on one hand why you would want them and then decide you don’t want them. We can all offer advice but only you know in your heart what it is you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the couch trying to catch up, it's been a mental busy few days.
    THE CAR IS FIXED
    I missed it so much, I felt like I was sitting on the road not up where I can see all the potholes.
    Due to a serious shortage in the pharmacy (since November) , Elliot is off the formula barr one night feed. I cannot believe I'm winging it on blended diet, I had to take myself aside and remember how I weaned all the other babies. I'm so feckin institutionalised and following rules that I've forgotten how to be mammy. Well no more. But I'm still very nervous I'll break him.
    So, Mr cbyrd is going to join me at the gym in the morning... Hahaha. That's why he's giving me vodka tonight. :D

• Advertisement

I am in the boudoir reading. These wild nights have to stop :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Succubus_ wrote: »
    So if me and my missus want to have a baby in the future I can count on one of the lads here to be sperm donor? :p

On the couch wondering if I want to have a baby. Thanks Perse :p

I've probably still got some frozen in the HARI you can have..
    "Microwave on thaw for 20 mins... turkey baster...and away you go hai!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 donotvalidate

In the cot roasting the @rse off meself with the leccie blankie. First night in the house alone for a few years. The bf gave me the heave ho on Sunday and my young one is at her Dad's. So just me and the sound of the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

All this talk of babies.. wasn't expecting that when I opened the thread! I thought kids were in my future but I don't think so now. Not that I don't want any, I just don't think I'll have the chance.

Anyways. Back on topic. I'm bed side hoping sleep will arrive soon. I'm working at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, pondering.

Earlier I posted in the TA thread that I got paid, but not enough (just over €100 for 16.5 hours). Today in work the manager calls me over and says that they need me to give them my bank details again, because they tried to pay me and it bounced back. I didn’t mention the €100 I got and I’m wondering if I should say something, or accept what seems to be free money :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Still bed side bit now in panic mode because there is a high chance of me getting 4.5 - 5 hours sleep.. before a 12 hour shift. Yay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Weather is causing all sorts of crap to fly about here.. Grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I can't imagine having a baby, I can barely look after myself :o

now bedside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

bassy wrote: »
    my baby is 20 years old next week :) thank god hes a young man now.

Snap, my eldest is 20 on the 13th.

Anyone who's broody can borrow up to 6 babies (all at once or on stages to gauge age suitability) I'll take names and queue order in the morning. Thanks.
    I'm on the way to bed with a slice of ham

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I often eat in bed but a slice of ham?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement