Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 arrmadda86

myshirt wrote: »
    First row of the social housing should be allocated this side of Christmas by Fingal CoCo.

Social housing for that estate is already allocated few months ago, but people will move in only in spring, not sure exactly March - May

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Hi, where did you hear this?

I think I've read it from the Barnwell residents group on facebook, but don't know if to trust 100% the source.

arrmadda86 wrote: »
    Social housing for that estate is already allocated few months ago, but people will move in only in spring, not sure exactly March - May

I'd say March-April too, even because there's no road yet to reach those houses

• Registered Users Posts: 21 yzx

lunamia wrote: »
    I'd say March-April too, even because there's no road yet to reach those houses
    The road is built and the first batch of 12 social houses had already been populated.
    Actually, three houses that overlook the social housing area are still unsold if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

yzx wrote: »
    The road is built and the first batch of 12 social houses had already been populated.
    Actually, three houses that overlook the social housing area are still unsold if anyone is interested

Amazingly they got their street lights turned on before they moved in. I believe the residents of Hansfield Wood were waiting months or longer in some cases to get their street lights turned on.

On a separate note, does anyone else notice how so many of the street lights from the Ongar Road Roundabout right up to Hansfield Station are out of service? It's quite dark on many stretches of the road during morning and evening commute times and the roads are very mucky with all the construction traffic too so you end up walking into crap a lot in the dark as you can't see where you are going. I sent something to Fixmystreet to raise the issue but not sure if the council pay attention to that.

It's ages since I've seen a roadsweeper in action on the road also. I thought that was a condition of planning that the roads would be regularly cleaned by Alanna Homes - they are covered in muck for months now which is especially bad during wet weather.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    Amazingly they got their street lights turned on before they moved in. I believe the residents of Hansfield Wood were waiting months or longer in some cases to get their street lights turned on.

True! :)
    All quiet anyway so far.

On a separate note, does anyone else notice how so many of the street lights from the Ongar Road Roundabout right up to Hansfield Station are out of service? It's quite dark on many stretches of the road during morning and evening commute times and the roads are very mucky with all the construction traffic too so you end up walking into crap a lot in the dark as you can't see where you are going. I sent something to Fixmystreet to raise the issue but not sure if the council pay attention to that.

True again, there are so many lights that need to be fixed on Station road up to the station. I will send an e-mail to the TD Jack Chambers in order to ask to let the lights replaced. I hope someone else do the same.

It's ages since I've seen a roadsweeper in action on the road also. I thought that was a condition of planning that the roads would be regularly cleaned by Alanna Homes - they are covered in muck for months now which is especially bad during wet weather.

The truck cleaning the road pass only on Station Road and to be honest, it makes the road messier than it is in the morning, spreading the mud everywhere, even on the main doors and windows.

Amazing! All the lights up to Hansfield Station from Ongar road have been fixed!! Maybe the council reads Boards.ie!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ozarks1

Does anyone know if they are selling many of the houses in Barnwell Woods Phase 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Ozarks1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they are selling many of the houses in Barnwell Woods Phase 1?

Phase 1?

They've already sold the properties overlooking the green area and most of the ones behind them looking onto the Ongar distributor road bar 2 or 3 of the 4 beds. These are good properties so the 3 beds were snapped up. The only 3 beds will be the ones looking on to Station Road and there's a big Q for them apparently.

Box smart and you could get the detached Ash or one of the €410k Alders as they are moving but not as quickly.

A new planning permission request has gone in to Fingal just before Christmas for 117 houses and 83 apartments for what must be the last undeveloped site - located south of the pylons and to the west of Station Road.

I don't believe there are any remaining undeveloped plots left in the Hansfield Strategic Development Zone (SDZ) after this? The lands to the east of the train station are currently under construction for apartment blocks.

Planning Reference: FW18A/0197

http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-buildings/apply-or-search-for-a-planning-application/search-planning-applications-online/searchplanningapplicationsonline/

I imagine any further development will be south of the train station and will be dependent on the proposed new Barnwell Link road from Educate Together connecting to the Lucan/Clonee back road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I see there is work started at Ongar House? I'm really excited to see this finally getting finished

I see there is work started at Ongar House? I'm really excited to see this finally getting finished

Noticed a lot of clearance of trees and greenery this morning. Hope they are not getting rid of all the mature trees surrounding Ongar House. But yes, I'm happy to see work finally progressing too!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Amazing! All the lights up to Hansfield Station from Ongar road have been fixed!! Maybe the council reads Boards.ie!! :D:D

As I was saying earlier, I've written to TD Jack Chambers which was so kind to speak to the right people in the Council which have fixed all the lights...

The power of imminent elections :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sachi4

hi,
    can someone advice me to findout hows barnwellwoods will that be a peacefull area

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sachi4

hi did you get any snag date

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Does anyone have any links to confirm this? I've spent hours trawling the Fingal County Council website, googling etc. and can't find a trace of info re the number of social housing units going in to Barnwell Woods.

We're close to signing contracts so would really like to get to the bottom of this.

I went for a viewing and Kelly Walsh people confirmed this

kevincool wrote: »
    I went for a viewing and Kelly Walsh people confirmed this

+1 on this.

It's no secret.

Nothing wrong with it either, so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Bad flooding on the hansfield building site even though they built up the ground level by 1mtr before building

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Phil.x wrote: »
    Bad flooding on the hansfield building site even though they built up the ground level by 1mtr before building

Is this Barnwell Woods or another site you are referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

This whole 2 areas circled were like lakes before the started the build, took them the guts of a year to try sort the problem, they were home to wild ducks, swans and seagulls and one stage for months. Whole area there is prone to flooding, the wife and myself live in the estate across the road and always said we wouldn’t buy a house in that particular area of the estate due to it. We can see the whole work site from the top floor of our house.

[IMG][/img]7DC4865A-1551-4534-B556-EBDD4E188ED5_zpsxv3ioue1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

billie1b wrote: »
    This whole 2 areas circled were like lakes before the started the build, took them the guts of a year to try sort the problem, they were home to wild ducks, swans and seagulls and one stage for months. Whole area there is prone to flooding, the wife and myself live in the estate across the road and always said we wouldn’t buy a house in that particular area of the estate due to it. We can see the whole work site from the top floor of our house.

[IMG][/img]7DC4865A-1551-4534-B556-EBDD4E188ED5_zpsxv3ioue1.jpg

God that doesn’t sound good! Thankfully our house isn’t in the circled area (we’re just by the roundabout facing the distributor road) but still not good like you say the whole area could be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Up near the train station.

How has it got flooded again? That's goodbye to the prospect of home insurance there.

McGarrell Reilly had serious problems with flooding on their Millerstown development too. It's like a bad smell following them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

myshirt wrote: »
    How has it got flooded again? That's goodbye to the prospect of home insurance there.

McGarrell Reilly had serious problems with flooding on their Millerstown development too. It's like a bad smell following them around.

Always always always check things like flood maps before buying a house. Builders will tell you they’ve put in drainage and it’s all signed off by the council, but then they’ll be gone and you’ll be shagged when the thing fails or gets blocked up and the first someone notices is when they need a canoe to get in. As my solicitor said to me when buying a house once, “you have more warranties and protections when you buy a telly versus a house.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

That area was always a bit marshy when we were young walking up around there Late 80s-1990's. I remember there used to be a stream somewhere near where the train station is now that went down into the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nobodysrobots

When reading above posts, I can't get this image out of my head.

Marge_Gets_a_Job_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

ciaran76 wrote: »
    That area was always a bit marshy when we were young walking up around there Late 80s-1990's. I remember there used to be a stream somewhere near where the train station is now that went down into the canal.

Still is a stream that flows into the canal around the canal/ rail bridge intersection. It comes out of a concrete pipe, presumably flowing from the direction of the above mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shutterwal

sachi4 wrote: »
    hi did you get any snag date

It's in June the last time I heard. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if it will be pushed back to July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

just curious, how much are you all paying for houses that are going to have temporary swimming pools

• Advertisement

Swan Curry wrote: »
    just curious, how much are you all paying for houses that are going to have temporary swimming pools

And what happened all the swans that used to swim on that land?

Advertisement