Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 taytopark

yzx wrote: »
    The same developer that built Beechwood gate is going to allocate about 40 social houses in Barnwell Woods. I think whoever is buying there should better be aware of this

Hi
    I booked a house there. Is it true? Can the developer give 40 social houses in such a small estate.Bit worried by hearing this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cousin

The same developer that built Beechwood gate is going to allocate about 40 social houses in Barnwell Woods. I think whoever is buying there should better be aware of this

From where do you have this information? What I see on the fingal website is that barwell woods will contain 73 houses. I don't think more than half are already sold to city council considering they are doing viewings almost every Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ozarks1

If you are asking about Barnwell Wood, a different developer built the 30 or so social houses which are all but complete. The original developer is building the private homes.

I heard there there is no Social Housing in Beechwood as the Developer was putting their quota all in Barnwell Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 yzx

cousin wrote: »
    From where do you have this information? What I see on the fingal website is that barwell woods will contain 73 houses. I don't think more than half are already sold to city council considering they are doing viewings almost every Friday...
    That probably explains why they are doing viewings every Friday.
    The terraced houses might all be allocated to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Ozarks1 wrote: »
    I heard there there is no Social Housing in Beechwood as the Developer was putting their quota all in Barnwell Wood.

Does anyone have any links to confirm this? I've spent hours trawling the Fingal County Council website, googling etc. and can't find a trace of info re the number of social housing units going in to Barnwell Woods.

We're close to signing contracts so would really like to get to the bottom of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Does anyone have any links to confirm this? I've spent hours trawling the Fingal County Council website, googling etc. and can't find a trace of info re the number of social housing units going in to Barnwell Woods.

We're close to signing contracts so would really like to get to the bottom of this.
    Social housing in all new developments. Accept it and move on or buy a second hand house.

Social housing in all new developments. Accept it and move on or buy a second hand house.

Thanks for being completely unhelpful. I'm aware social housing is in all new developments. I'm wondering about the reports of putting all of Beechwood allocation into Barnwell Woods are true, which is a fair question to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the 2 terraces backing onto each other at the rear of Barnwell Woods that are the properties in question then (about 20 houses?). They're much smaller (and less impressive looking) than the ones going up right now towards the Ongar distributor road.

I'm really liking the dormer style bay windows and lighter tone yellow brick homes being constructed at front. They'll really add visually to the vicinity.

ongarboy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's the 2 terraces backing onto each other at the rear of Barnwell Woods that are the properties in question then (about 20 houses?). They're much smaller (and less impressive looking) than the ones going up right now towards the Ongar distributor road.

I'm really liking the dormer style bay windows and lighter tone yellow brick homes being constructed at front. They'll really add visually to the vicinity.

Ah yes that makes sense! Thanks for your insights :)
    We've a Willow style house reserved, about to sign contracts - love the bay windows and the brick too, think it's going to look really well!

Thanks for being completely unhelpful. I'm aware social housing is in all new developments. I'm wondering about the reports of putting all of Beechwood allocation into Barnwell Woods are true, which is a fair question to ask.
    Would you back out of the purchase if it were the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

40 social houses is absolutely true. They told me when i went there for a viewing so backed off. 40 social houses in barnwell and another 35 in hansfield woods, the entire place will be no-go zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

kevincool wrote: »
    40 social houses is absolutely true. They told me when i went there for a viewing so backed off. 40 social houses in barnwell and another 35 in hansfield woods, the entire place will be no-go zone.

Its Blanch get over it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You aren't going to be able to buy a new house anywhere if you don't want social housing nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Its Blanch get over it

Every development has to make provision for social housing.

I see plans have been submitted to Fingal for shops, cafe, creche, community centre and 62 apartments for the site just south of Barnwell Woods and north of The Park, Hansfield just off the road going down to the Train Station. One of the retail units is for over 1845 square meters so I imagine a supermarket is the intended tenant? Would be good to have some competition to Dunnes, maybe a Tesco Express or Aldi?

FW18A/0162 is the planning reference in case anyone is interested

Duplicate

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

I see plans have been submitted to Fingal for shops, cafe, creche, community centre and 62 apartments for the site just south of Barnwell Woods and north of The Park, Hansfield just off the road going down to the Train Station. One of the retail units is for over 1845 square meters so I imagine a supermarket is the intended tenant? Would be good to have some competition to Dunnes, maybe a Tesco Express or Aldi?

FW18A/0162 is the planning reference in case anyone is interested[/quot

Do you have a link to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

harroll wrote: »

Do you have a link to this?

Direct links often don't stay live on the planning sites for some reason, so plug the provided reference into http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-buildings/apply-or-search-for-a-planning-application/search-planning-applications-online/searchplanningapplicationsonline/ and you'll find it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Its Blanch get over it

Actually its not.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

L1011 wrote: »
    You aren't going to be able to buy a new house anywhere if you don't want social housing nearby
    Well, 40 out of 73 houses is a bit excessive amount of social houses for any area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

Dunno about Fingal, but SDCC have clamped down on allocating any social housing to anyone suspected of causing any bit of trouble. The new rapid-build developments have very nice atmospheres.

So “no-go zone” my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Qrt wrote: »
    Dunno about Fingal, but SDCC have clamped down on allocating any social housing to anyone suspected of causing any bit of trouble. The new rapid-build developments have very nice atmospheres.

So “no-go zone” my arse.

And what would be the criteria SDCC go through in determining that exactly?

And what exactly would be the criteria SDCC go through in determining that exactly?

Just more stringent background examinations I think, they are a landlord after all. Most recent development I know of is Sheehy-Skeffington Meadows beside the Cheeverstown Luas stop. There's a great Fair City-esque atmosphere in the place, probably a whole classroom of kids out playing at the one time.

Qrt wrote: »
    Just more stringent background examinations I think, they are a landlord after all. Most recent development I know of is Sheehy-Skeffington Meadows beside the Cheeverstown Luas stop. There's a great Fair City-esque atmosphere in the place, probably a whole classroom of kids out playing at the one time.
    Would Margaret Cash be an example of stringent examination?

Would Margaret Cash be an example of stringent examination?

Well she doesn’t live in an local authority house so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ozarks1

Has anyone in Barnwell Woods got a date for snag or completion dates?

Ozarks1 wrote: »
    Has anyone in Barnwell Woods got a date for snag or completion dates?

Not yet. We’ve been told March for completion but nothing concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

First row of the social housing should be allocated this side of Christmas by Fingal CoCo.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

FW18A/0162 is the planning reference in case anyone is interested

Hi, as far as I know the plan is about to move the supermarket from Ongar to Barnwell and it'll be way bigger. I think it could only be a good thing to have more amenities in our area.

• Advertisement

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi, as far as I know the plan is about to move the supermarket from Ongar to Barnwell and it'll be way bigger. I think it could only be a good thing to have more amenities in our area.
    Hi, where did you hear this?

Advertisement