Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ceistagam wrote: »
    I too have had a consultation with Lorraine in Ailesbury (cost €50) some time back and I am still considering my options. Consultation went well but it was pretty much what I had heard from other consultations at other clinics.

Really I would want to meet with the surgeon and a previous client as I do find it a daunting task to establish the best clinic to go with. In saying that I have found many positive comments on Ailesbury online but for me it is about seeing and hearing this first hand. Something I am surprised clinics don't offer as standard procedure.

The surgeons fly in from the Uk, that's why they aren't on hand to meet.

I'm going to contact Vinci up north. See if the price is more competitive.

Plus, I was told they would only do the front 3rd. My hair is the same all over the top so if the other 2/3rd could be done, I would want that

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ceistagam

everlast75 wrote: »
    The surgeons fly in from the Uk, that's why they aren't on hand to meet.

I'm going to contact Vinci up north. See if the price is more competitive.

Plus, I was told they would only do the front 3rd. My hair is the same all over the top so if the other 2/3rd could be done, I would want that

So would I be right in saying you would not know the surgeons name until the day of procedure?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

I'm planning on going to Turkey for a hair transplant in April. I also need to get some dental work done and plan on getting it while im there. I need crowns so will need 3 dental visits, 2 of which will be after my transplant. Has anyone that's had a transplant tell me if thy think this would be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So... if you get a transplant do you have to take finasteride ? or is it specific clinics recommend it ? Anyone get a a successful transplant and not take finasteride ?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭St1mpMeister

Heiser wrote: »
    I'm planning on going to Turkey for a hair transplant in April. I also need to get some dental work done and plan on getting it while im there. I need crowns so will need 3 dental visits, 2 of which will be after my transplant. Has anyone that's had a transplant tell me if thy think this would be ok?

Hmm you need to sort of leave your head untouched for a day or so after the operation and even after that need to refrain from taking any extra meds or doing anything stressful to keep blood pressure down while the roots take hold so probably not a good idea to combine both.

I'd say get the dental work done and then arrange a separate trip over rather than trying to combine both.
    So... if you get a transplant do you have to take finasteride ? or is it specific clinics recommend it ? Anyone get a a successful transplant and not take finasteride ?

No, once you get the operation done you don't need to take any more meds.

A bit of Regaine for a few months after the operation is a good way to speed up growth, but not required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Can anybody who has had a hair transplant post up before and after pics and info such as where they got it done and if they are taking meds. I Presumed you would have to keep taking fin after the transplant as the hair will continue to fall out around the transplanted hair as time goes on.

https://www.kslclinic.co.uk

has anybody any experience with this clinic/ knowledge of costs.... seems quite popular with minor uk tv celebrities......

as far as i know, that clinic get docs from turkey and places to do celebs procedures and then post up the results as there own. If thats true they should be closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

eoing90 wrote: »
    Just got a hair transplant done on Monday here in Dublin.
    On day three of recovery and have to say its coming along great at the moment.
    If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Who did it
    How much
    WHat area did you do
    How many grafts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I did my research and know that you need to do as little as possible for the days following the procedure in order to keep blood pressure fairly even to avoid any excessive blood rushing to the head which might shock the new follicles that are taking root. I just stayed at home watching the entire boxset of The Hobbit extended edition

What I would love to know is if it could be possible that I, as someone who is like pretty bald on top with a big round bald circle in the back of my head and bald at the front, be able to go to work after 2 weeks without it being really obvious that I had a hair transplant? My hair is about 2 inches long at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Hunchback wrote: »
    What I would love to know is if it could be possible that I, as someone who is like pretty bald on top with a big round bald circle in the back of my head and bald at the front, be able to go to work after 2 weeks without it being really obvious that I had a hair transplant? My hair is about 2 inches long at the moment

Yeah, the scabs will be gone after one week and most of the redness will be gone by two weeks. I returned to work after two weeks and it was fine. Bear in mind that the donor area is completed shaved prior to the procedure, so that back/sides will be around 1/2" length two weeks later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIlu_lAsheE&t=1s

https://www.hrbr.ie/blog/james-kavanagh-hair-transplant/?fbclid=IwAR2-oE6hgben6dCwmVvBRpk8nXxPiYhorb7ODk8XXfJPgNnazTv4ZrOdRUw

An interesting video of a search for a hair transplant in Turkey and going to HRBR.... its basically a paid advertisement... but if you can afford it HRBR really seems to be they way to go...i assume its considered the best in Ireland and that they don't just use the best doctors for celebrities ?

3.5 year update!

3We8TX1.jpg

hBI8Dcy.jpg

v4B4Za2.jpg

vTASK1l.jpg

rl7QiVW.jpg

Do you still use fin and minox man, looks like a top class transplant to be fair, was it dr saifi in poland?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

@speedboat, jesus 3.5 years, time has flown!

Looks great, congrats!

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Do you still use fin and minox man, looks like a top class transplant to be fair, was it dr saifi in poland?

Still use both. It was Dr Doganay in Antalya, Turkey.

Still use both. It was Dr Doganay in Antalya, Turkey.

Any side effects ?

Any side effects ?

None that I'm aware of. Downstairs is working fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Patient11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIlu_lAsheE&t=1s

https://www.hrbr.ie/blog/james-kavanagh-hair-transplant/?fbclid=IwAR2-oE6hgben6dCwmVvBRpk8nXxPiYhorb7ODk8XXfJPgNnazTv4ZrOdRUw

An interesting video of a search for a hair transplant in Turkey and going to HRBR.... its basically a paid advertisement... but if you can afford it HRBR really seems to be they way to go...i assume its considered the best in Ireland and that they don't just use the best doctors for celebrities ?

Kavanagh admitted he got a "free" hair transplant from HRBR.

Its no wonder so many celebrities go to HRBR when they get free hair transplants.

RSfYwwk

• Advertisement

Patient11 wrote: »
    Kavanagh admitted he got a "free" hair transplant from HRBR.

Its no wonder so many celebrities go to HRBR when they get free hair transplants.

RSfYwwk

I assume they use the same doctors for celebrities and non celebrities in HRBR ? Unlike some places in the UK

HRBR seems to be the way to go if you can afford it ?

HRBR seems to be the way to go if you can afford it ?

Apart from being a rip off the only thing HRBR are good at is PR.

One of Ireland's most respected Doctor's Andrew Rynne is on record of saying that he is "ashamed" to have the owner of HRBR as a colleague and believes that he is "a disgrace to medical profession".

Before you go to HRBR you should ask Dr. Andrew Rynne what he thinks of the owner of the clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

lots of discussion of Ailesbury in this thread :D

A few of us have gone and it's worked out well. I'll probably stick up before/after pics closer to end of summer once significant growth is there (baby hairs right now).

Any before/after pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

I had mine done and didn't shave my head. Just had to grow it to a certain length beforehand so the bit they shaved would be covered by other hair.

You got FUT in Ailesbury? How are you finding it now ? Any before / after pics? Would you recommend them?

Patient11 wrote: »
    Apart from being a rip off the only thing HRBR are good at is PR.

One of Ireland's most respected Doctor's Andrew Rynne is on record of saying that he is "ashamed" to have the owner of HRBR as a colleague and believes that he is "a disgrace to medical profession".

Before you go to HRBR you should ask Dr. Andrew Rynne what he thinks of the owner of the clinic.

Did he say this in article ? I can't find anything online ? I haven't really seen anything negative about HRBR......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

3.5 year update!
    Well feck me SB, it worked out very well for you. :) In another 3.5 years I imagine this.

9285128497_7f453718a3_b.jpg

:D
    Fair play.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Did he say this in article ? I can't find anything online ? I haven't really seen anything negative about HRBR......

Dr Rynne posted that he was "ashamed" to have the owner of HRBR as a colleague on their youtube channel but they deleted his comment.

Many of Dr Rynne's patients are former HRBR patients who were messed up by taking Finasteride. HRBR won't tell you that for some people the side effects of Finasteride can be permanent.

You can see here what Dr Rynne has to say about Doctors who peddle Finasteride.

https://www.quora.com/What-kind-of-doctor-prescribes-Finasteride-or-similar-hair-loss-drugs/answer/Andrew-Rynne?share=f4bd0157

The kind of doctor who prescribes Finasteride for the natural phenomena that is male pattern balding is a doctor who puts money, profit and greed before good medical practice and ethics.
    Every doctor now knows or should know that Finasteride can carry horrible sexual side-effects that can last for a lifetime and for which there currently is no cure. These permanent side-effects can include genital shrinkage, genital numbness, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, Peyronies Disease, decreased ejaculate and suicidal ideation.
    Now if you want to find a "doctor" who is prepared to risk these side effect in an otherwise perfectly healthy young man then you go right ahead. But don't say you were not warned. Post Finasteride Syndrome is not a rare disease. I'm dealing with new cases at least once every two weeks. I feel so sorry for them, there is so little that I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The millions of millions of people using the drug world wide would say different. Finasteride does not prevent erectile dysfunction, that in itself is a health problem that some get whether on the drug or not, but the odds would suggest that if millions and millions of people world wide are on finasteride then some of those people would suffer from , erectile dysfunction, like some will suffer from a sore toe, or an aching back, or a pimple on their arse, or get a puncture on their car, or trip over a dog. Finasteride does not make you immune to other problems you may suffer in life, it's a handy excuse though.

The millions of millions of people using the drug world wide would say different. Finasteride does not prevent erectile dysfunction, that in itself is a health problem that some get whether on the drug or not, but the odds would suggest that if millions and millions of people world wide are on finasteride then some of those people would suffer from , erectile dysfunction, like some will suffer from a sore toe, or an aching back, or a pimple on their arse, or get a puncture on their car, or trip over a dog. Finasteride does not make you immune to other problems you may suffer in life, it's a handy excuse though.

The side effects associated with Finasteride go way beyond ED.

Basically for some people the drug causes their endocrine system to "crash" and they are never the same again.

"Penile shrinkage and numbnes" "Suicidal ideation" "Female-like breast development and enlargement" "Severe memory/recall impairment" and"Decreased or complete loss of sex drive" Are just some of the listed side effects.

https://medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArticles/March2016/PostFinasterideSyndrome.htm

It should be noted that Finasteride is also given to transgenders to help them transition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lads just to say, Finasteride is some nasty drug if you get side effects, a good friend took about two years to be right after taking it for a short time, he was prescribed it in dublin and got horrific effects, caused impotence, he basically couldn’t get it up and lost morning erections etc, severe anxiety, lost his relationship over it, was a shell of himself, he’s only getting back to normal last year, it’s a hormone altering drug which messes with what makes you a man, be very careful with it.

Advertisement