Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Is there a known worlds best surgeon ? If cost wasn’t a factor.,..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,303 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is there a known worlds best surgeon ? If cost wasn’t a factor.,..

I dunno about worlds best, but this place has amazing results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMKeR3G4GE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJMehqOLqHM

http://www.fuexpert.com/#!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,823 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hi folks,
    So i went ahead with Aylesbury on Sunday.
    I was in there for 7:30am.
    Had a consultation with the team. Very polite people.
    Filled out the forms and then they had a look at the area.
    I had shaved the donor area but not enough so they had to shave it down some more (number 1).
    Took the drugs and went in to lay face down so they could extract from the donor area.
    Broke for lunch and they made a decent feed for me.
    The second half was more painful. Injections into the scalp. They gave me oxygen to help with the pain.
    That part wasn't too long. Maybe 90 mins.
    They put 3000 in total front third, with 50 put into the side of the head, where my previous transplant had used as a donor site and was quite bare as a result.
    They made another feed which was great as I was starving!
    They provided the guarantee that said in 10 months, if less than 90% of the hairs remained, they would rectify that.
    There are scabs at the front scalp but with the fact that they didn't shave the top of the head, it isn't *that* noticeable.

Overall, I'm happy its over. I'll have to wait for the result of course 9-10 months away.

I'll put up photos when I get some time to.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭boetstark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    So i went ahead with Aylesbury on Sunday.
    I was in there for 7:30am.
    Had a consultation with the team. Very polite people.
    Filled out the forms and then they had a look at the area.
    I had shaved the donor area but not enough so they had to shave it down some more (number 1).
    Took the drugs and went in to lay face down so they could extract from the donor area.
    Broke for lunch and they made a decent feed for me.
    The second half was more painful. Injections into the scalp. They gave me oxygen to help with the pain.
    That part wasn't too long. Maybe 90 mins.
    They put 3000 in total front third, with 50 put into the side of the head, where my previous transplant had used as a donor site and was quite bare as a result.
    They made another feed which was great as I was starving!
    They provided the guarantee that said in 10 months, if less than 90% of the hairs remained, they would rectify that.
    There are scabs at the front scalp but with the fact that they didn't shave the top of the head, it isn't *that* noticeable.

Overall, I'm happy its over. I'll have to wait for the result of course 9-10 months away.

I'll put up photos when I get some time to.

Oxygen sounds good. In Istanbul they used what looked like a small stun gun. Sore when it was used but took the sting out of injections.
    I'm now almost 2 weeks since transplant. All scabs gone. Donor area has become quiet painful. I found pure aloe vera helps. Not shedding yet. I was thinking of using rogaine to prevent shedding but surgeon advised against.
    Like you said awaiting final results.

how long does it take that you can be out in public without a hat and people not notice the surgery on the head ?

• Advertisement

how long does it take that you can be out in public without a hat and people not notice the surgery on the head ?

It was about day 10. Hair had grown so donor area and scab / crust had gone. Transplant area had lost all scabs also. I was still careful last day or two with the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Michaela Deep Igloo

Hey lads I am 5 months after hair transplant with Dr Acar in Cosmedica and couldn't be happierðŸ‘4900 grafts.

4900 ! That’s a high number

Yeah cosmedica can transplant up to 5000 in one session. The surgery was 10 hours long. Have no regrets and delighted with the way things are going.

4900 ! That’s a high number

Yeah thought the same. Esthetic hair promised me 5000 grafts. Dr yavuz told me that my donor area would have been over harvested if they took that many.

• Advertisement

Cosmedica can transplant hair from your beard for extra coverage, if u don't have enough on your donar area, they did that with me. I have all pics.

Cosmedica can transplant hair from your beard for extra coverage, if u don't have enough on your donar area, they did that with me. I have all pics.

Sounds good. Do you mind me asking if you had a large bald patch or were the extra grafts for density. Thanks

Just very very thin all over. If u pm me ur number I can send u on pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Heiser

Has anyone used DermMatch to try hide their transplants when they were returning to work? And if do, did it work? Can it be bought in a shop in Dublin or is it only available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I had my consultation with Dr Nel, need about 1800 grafts but he said he will do more than that during surgery. Has impressive results based on the pics i saw. He s very insistent on fin which im against but think i will do as he said he said and take it 3 times a week. Wasn't too keen on hairline he drew but i will get that sorted before the surgery. Nice guy and certainly doesn't try to sell you the transplant idea. Im taking 3 weeks off work so hopefully nobody will notice as im not shaving the top of my head so i will able able to cover most of the recipient area. At what stage do the transplanted hairs first fall out for anybody that had it done?

I use to use Dermmatch for years before transplant but would never use it after. I want to let my scalp breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Anyone had a transplant when complete bald up top. ive a tiny bit left but definitely more scalp than hair. Seeing great results makes this tempting but still unsure of it due to lack of it although ive got quite thick hair on the back and sides if i allow it to grow which gives me hope theres a good donor area at least

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Truth wins

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just confirmed the surgeon carrying out the procedure is Dr Monika Antepowicz.

I'm getting 3000 hairs done.

Dude, wht research have you done on her. She is a gynecologist. Dont do it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey everyone, I have been really thinking about getting a transplant done for about a year since I noticed how bad my head had got. But don't think I'd be willing to go foreign to get it done, incase something went wrong with it. I have been thinking about going for a consult in premier hair clinic Dublin. Does anyone have any experience with them or can recommend another alternative. Really appreciate any help here lads. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 J1my

Just very very thin all over. If u pm me ur number I can send u on pics.

Hi Michaela Deep Igloo, would you mind PM,ing me some pics please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Really thinking of getting this done. Is there any sure fire surgeons abroad that have guaranteed results and everyone raves about? Even if it's a little more expensive i would be ok with that. Looking for surgeons who have proven work on many patient or multiple people on here who have used the same clinic and surgeon for work and are happy with results.

Going to get a hair transplant with Dr Andre Nel in the summer. Initially had planned to go with Ailesbury given the cheap price, however upon further research it's best to pay more for a surgeon who can demonstrate past work.

Im going to Dr Nel in July myself, his work and reputation persuaded me to pay a bit more.

Can somebody explain why french press joined today and was banned after that post, was it to do with maybe advertising for said doctor?

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Can somebody explain why french press joined today and was banned after that post, was it to do with maybe advertising for said doctor?

Interesting/good question

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Faze11 wrote: »
    Really thinking of getting this done. Is there any sure fire surgeons abroad that have guaranteed results and everyone raves about? Even if it's a little more expensive i would be ok with that. Looking for surgeons who have proven work on many patient or multiple people on here who have used the same clinic and surgeon for work and are happy with results.

https://www.haarestattglatze.com/en

I got mine done in Austria by these guys after a surgeon friend researched options for me. The surgeon that did mine is one of the inventors of FUE apparently and has won a bunch of awards, written papers and all that jazz. The experience was superb start to finish (outside of the awkwardness of traveling to Vienna). The results I'm very happy with. The price was about double what I was quoted elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Heiser

Faze11 wrote: »

Erdogan in Turkey is supposed to be one of the world's best and is still cheaper than getting it done here

Anyone have any experience of Cosmeticium in Istanbul? I have the same hairline that OP had before his hair transplant. I contacted Cosmeticium and they got back to me very promptly with a detailed response and plently of literature and quoted me €2450 for 2750 grafts using DHI method. They have good reviews online and the clinic looks very modern and the transplant is done by doctors. They also have some YouTube testimonials online too. Just wondering if any Irish lads have used them and if so how was your experience? Im impressed so far by their response and strongly considering getting it done.

Hey.
    I went to cosmedica in Istanbul Turkey and have great results. 7 months in and things looking great. €2550 for up to 3 nights in a hotel and up to 5000 grafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hey.
    I went to cosmedica in Istanbul Turkey and have great results. 7 months in and things looking great. €2550 for up to 3 nights in a hotel and up to 5000 grafts.

Buddy can you DM me somepics..I am interested myself..

• Advertisement

E mail me ur number and will no problem.

Advertisement