Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,823 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

lads, it looks like I'm going ahead with Ailesbury.
    Has anyone first hand knowledge of how long it takes for the transplant scabs (sorry - hate that word) to not be noticeable.
    I don't want anyone to notice (well, the less the better).
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭boetstark

what are they criticising each other about ?

Same as previous poster. We are the best dont trust others. Giving name of doctors but internet has no record of such a name.
    One clinic elit hair refused to do fue as results would be poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

everlast75 wrote: »
    lads, it looks like I'm going ahead with Ailesbury.
    Has anyone first hand knowledge of how long it takes for the transplant scabs (sorry - hate that word) to not be noticeable.
    I don't want anyone to notice (well, the less the better).
    Thanks

About 10 days, if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adamforrr

what made you decide to go with ailsbury over other clinics in ireland. I have a consultation with DHI in sandyford and also booking consultation with ailsbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Yeah i would like to see ailesbury myself, some results on the website dont look great and i would be wary of the fee they are charging a bit low? Dr Andre Nel is apparently approx 10k but his results seem very good such as Darren O Sullivan the kerry footballer, blackrock |Prices approx 20k.

• Advertisement

Yeah man that seems cheap to me when you have Dr Nel quoting approx 10k, id love to hear some stories about ailesbury as that is as cheap as going to turkey or Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

20k for Blackrock ? Jesus !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Yeah i would like to see ailesbury myself, some results on the website dont look great and i would be wary of the fee they are charging a bit low? ....

If a clinic can't cherry pick enough good results to display on their website, what does that suggest? In any case, relying on poorly lit results images on a website is not conducive to making an informed decision, neither is thinking in terms of clinics rather than doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emerald99

Yeah i would like to see ailesbury myself, some results on the website dont look great and i would be wary of the fee they are charging a bit low? Dr Andre Nel is apparently approx 10k but his results seem very good such as Darren O Sullivan the kerry footballer, blackrock |Prices approx 20k.

Hi,

I recently had an FUE procedure with Dr Nel. In my experience, Dr Nel is a complete gentleman and I cannot overstate the professionalism of him and his team. For something I was very nervous about, I could not believe how smooth everything was. I am delighted with my results so far. If anyone wants any more information please feel free to DM me and I will answer any questions as best I can based on my exp.

Thanks

Emerald99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently had an FUE procedure with Dr Nel. In my experience, Dr Nel is a complete gentleman and I cannot overstate the professionalism of him and his team. For something I was very nervous about, I could not believe how smooth everything was. I am delighted with my results so far. If anyone wants any more information please feel free to DM me and I will answer any questions as best I can based on my exp.

Thanks

Best answer the questions here so that all can benefit from your experience.

How many grafts and what was the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Baldy85

boetstark wrote: »
    Hi folks. I am in the process of getting an fue hair transplant in Istanbul next month
    I have narrowed it down to two clinics. Esthetic hair at medical park hospital istanbul or natural hair Turkey in Istanbul. Both are promising 4500 grafts but they are criticising each other.
    I am now confused. If anybody has any opinions or info on either of the above or Turkey in general I would be very grateful.

Hi there just wondering which clinic you picked, I’m booked in to Estetik international

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Heiser

I'm booked in to get done by Dr Emrah Cinik in Istanbul in April. Cost is €2,090 and that includes hotel and transfers, but I may pay extra to have the channels opened by Cinik himself.

Will give a few progress updates over the next year

Going booking a consultation with Dr Nel, i expect to be paying circa 10k for 2500 grafts but the results have seen from him have been very good. I know its more expensive but i dont like the idea of leaving the country to have it done and if something was wrong with the transplant it would be easier to fix here.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Going booking a consultation with Dr Nel, i expect to be paying circa 10k for 2500 grafts but the results have seen from him have been very good. I know its more expensive but i dont like the idea of leaving the country to have it done and if something was wrong with the transplant it would be easier to fix here.

Where is Dr Nel?

I had consultation with ailesbury. Very impressed really as it was my second consultation (had one four years ago) and Lorraine really didn't try and sell me the procedure at all. It was more expensive than I thought. I'll need 900 grafts (2.5k hairs) at a cost of around 4300. I was thinking it would cost half that because of previous posters but I guess the meant to say cost per hair and not per graft.

It's a lot of money for just my temples so I'm unsure what to do. Anyone have alternative clinics or doctors? It seems turkey can be very hit or miss.

He is in Dublin somewhere, oh i thought ailesbury were exceptionally cheap but i think people were mistaken grafts for hairs so. Is that Correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

He is in Dublin somewhere, oh i thought ailesbury were exceptionally cheap but i think people were mistaken grafts for hairs so. Is that Correct?

I thought they were quite cheap too but apparently not. Works out at 5 Euro per graft. People must have been mistaking grafts for hairs I reckon. What clinic is Dr Nel with?

Heiser wrote: »
    I'm planning on going to Turkey for a hair transplant in April. I also need to get some dental work done and plan on getting it while im there. I need crowns so will need 3 dental visits, 2 of which will be after my transplant. Has anyone that's had a transplant tell me if thy think this would be ok?

Hi there what clinic did you did you end up going with

Hey folks.
    I'm booked into Aylesbury tomorrow week.
    I previously had a transplant done in Turkey and for some reason, they took some donor hair from the sides of my head. Those areas are quite noticeable now (and quite annoying).
    The clinic said they gave plenty of donor hair from the back.
    I read on the booking form that the clinic recommend that the shortest you cut your hair from the donor site post op is a number 2.
    I'm concerned therefore that the back will be as patchy as the sides.
    Has anyone any such experience?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey folks.
    I'm booked into Aylesbury tomorrow week.
    I previously had a transplant done in Turkey and for some reason, they took some donor hair from the sides of my head. Those areas are quite noticeable now (and quite annoying).
    The clinic said they gave plenty of donor hair from the back.
    I read on the booking form that the clinic recommend that the shortest you cut your hair from the donor site post op is a number 2.
    I'm concerned therefore that the back will be as patchy as the sides.
    Has anyone any such experience?

Where did you previously get the operation in Turkey

Baldy85 wrote: »
    Where did you previously get the operation in Turkey

Place called Clinichair. Its in Izmir.
    I posted details in this thread earlier

• Advertisement

Just confirmed the surgeon carrying out the procedure is Dr Monika Antepowicz.

I'm getting 3000 hairs done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

everlast75 wrote:
    Place called Clinichair. Its in Izmir. I posted details in this thread earlier

any chance of pictures showing the work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Heiser

Baldy85 wrote: »
    Hi there what clinic did you did you end up going with

I'm going to Dr Cinik in Istanbul

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I am thinking of getting the job done - how long is it visible afterwards?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seen this on the daily mail

it's important to research the **** out of this if you are planning on going abroad look for reviews ect I wouldn't go for the lowest price place abroad either

One week back from Istanbul guys. Had 3700 fue grafts from doctor ziya yavuz at acibadem private hospital.
    I went through a medical intermediary in UK/ Germany quonomedical. Dr yavuz has 14 years experience and sent copies of all his qualifications and memberships prior to booking. Price was 1850 including guaranteed 3500 grafts , all medication , 2 nights hotel and taxis. He also gave the pre anaesthesia and prp included.
    I found him very honest , ie realistic expectations regarding hairline and density. He said if I insisted on more than 3500 grafts go elsewhere. As I say when harvesting was completed I got 3700 due to strong donor area.
    Once procedure was completed he advised that I had achieved full coverage. He was not pushy for a repeat visit next year.
    Pros. From what I can establish a very good transplant was performed by dr yavuz.
    He was on hand at all times during transplant and he alone performed the openings for transplanted grafts.
    He has been in daily contact regarding recovery etc.
    Cons.
    I would advise going with a friend or partner. I went on my own and in hindsight having some support would be advised.
    Procedure was painless once anasthetic took hold but getting anasthetic even with the electric pre anasthesia was not pleasant.
    1 week on and donor is definitely sore. Healing has begun and scabs are falling off.
    I would definitely recommend Dr Yavuz but people saying that this procedure is akin to a dental visit, it is uncomfortable and at times painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,303 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.cosmedica.com/dr-levent-acar/

I would be considering this guy if going to Turkey. His results looks incredible, probably not the cheapest, but that is a good thing. It's a fair price I'm imagine.

boetstark wrote:
    One week back from Istanbul guys. Had 3700 fue grafts from doctor ziya yavuz at acibadem private hospital. I went through a medical intermediary in UK/ Germany quonomedical. Dr yavuz has 14 years experience and sent copies of all his qualifications and memberships prior to booking. Price was 1850 including guaranteed 3500 grafts , all medication , 2 nights hotel and taxis. He also gave the pre anaesthesia and prp included. I found him very honest , ie realistic expectations regarding hairline and density. He said if I insisted on more than 3500 grafts go elsewhere. As I say when harvesting was completed I got 3700 due to strong donor area. Once procedure was completed he advised that I had achieved full coverage. He was not pushy for a repeat visit next year. Pros. From what I can establish a very good transplant was performed by dr yavuz. He was on hand at all times during transplant and he alone performed the openings for transplanted grafts. He has been in daily contact regarding recovery etc. Cons. I would advise going with a friend or partner. I went on my own and in hindsight having some support would be advised. Procedure was painless once anasthetic took hold but getting anasthetic even with the electric pre anasthesia was not pleasant. 1 week on and donor is definitely sore. Healing has begun and scabs are falling off. I would definitely recommend Dr Yavuz but people saying that this procedure is akin to a dental visit, it is uncomfortable and at times painful.

that's good to know I thought the price was very low with quonomedical so I was put off by it, can you give us monthly updates like the OP if possible ?

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    that's good to know I thought the price was very low with quonomedical so I was put off by it, can you give us monthly updates like the OP if possible ?

Absolutely. I was concerned about cost differences also. I think that the more expensive options has surgeon performing all of the procedure.

Advertisement