Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I sometimes feel like the only person in the country who doesn't get the "Turn off the immersion!" thing. We never used ours, the central heating heated the water and that was on a timer.

Today's TA: the fact that my brain is immovably convinced that it's Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Something like this?

Haha that's brilliant, I wonder if it worked! :D

TA - I went to the shop to get lunch. This lady cut in front of me at the fruit cup fridge thingy and proceeded to spend an age looking from one pot of pomegranate to another. As there were only two left, I went around to the side of the fridge and took one of them to make it easier for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

If interested please reply to confirm. (Do not reply all)

That is what the email stated. You know what happens next. The illerate members of our company reply all and spam hundreds of people

Most of them are senior VPs n’ such earning vastly more than me :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mikemac2 wrote: »
    :eek:

Bankruptcy beckons

Christmas 2019 cancelled 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still no word on the car and I don’t know if I should call and see if there’s any news, or if I should just assume he’s not done and wait till he calls me. I don’t wanna be annoying him, but at the same time I wanna know what’s going on.

Also worried about getting a bus home from college later, if the weather gets bad this evening I’m worried they might start cancelling buses and then I’ll be stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Ggaaaahhhh the repetitive "It's so cold/will it snow?" conversation I've had with every single colleague and client today.
    And then the inevitable "It's too cold to snow..." comments.
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Today's TA: the fact that my brain is immovably convinced that it's Thursday.
    I've been like that all week, either thinking it's a day later than it is, or a day earlier.

One thing that's annoying me lately is the relatively new thing of not using 'ed' at the end of certain words. People come back from holidays and say that they're 'tan' rather than 'tanned', or say "That is cliché" instead "clichéd." In a thread today, there was a quote from somebody who was using 'skim milk' rather than 'skimmed milk'. What's that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Still no word on the car and I don’t know if I should call and see if there’s any news, or if I should just assume he’s not done and wait till he calls me. I don’t wanna be annoying him, but at the same time I wanna know what’s going on.

Same here if it's any consolation, annoyed now, I don't feel I should have to chase updates.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for today (although it count for the next few days as well) is bad driving conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

IT Helpdesks

Same here if it's any consolation, annoyed now, I don't feel I should have to chase updates.

I feel exactly the same. He said he’d ring me yesterday evening but didn’t, and like I said, I don’t want to be ringing and annoying him

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for today (although it count for the next few days as well) is bad driving conditions.

Im totally stressed about tomorrow morning already, even the thought of icy roads brings me out in a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭D3V!L

"Bidding" on a house. I hate the process. Here's my money can I please have the house. Ooohh no its not that simply sir !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I feel exactly the same. He said he’d ring me yesterday evening but didn’t, and like I said, I don’t want to be ringing and annoying him

Indeed, mine is in one of those shiny places, the car is less than a year old and was quite expensive.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Just ring him Kitty, you're paying for it and deserve to know one way or another if you'll get it back today.. Don't apologise for ringing, it's either a yes or an no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Seeing several posts with sentences starting with or containing TA and not being able to figure out what TA stands for.

abff wrote: »
    Seeing several posts with sentences starting with or containing TA and not being able to figure out what TA stands for.

Trivial annoyance?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Trusted Acquaintance

Just ring him Kitty, you're paying for it and deserve to know one way or another if you'll get it back today.. Don't apologise for ringing, it's either a yes or an no.

Damn right - more often than not "annoying them" usually gets it done quicker. If the mechanic thinks you'll accept being without the car for a few days, he'll leave it to one side so he can work on others.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Totally Awesome

The Abyss

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tremendously Accurate!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Troll Alert

Indeed, mine is in one of those shiny places, the car is less than a year old and was quite expensive.

That’s where our cases differ, mine’s fairly old, but I only have it less than a year. Bought off the brother of the mechanic, they do a few sales as well as fixing cars. I suppose my situation could be a thing of “you get what you pay for”, but if yours is that new there shouldn’t be any problems you would think.

Yeah, I think you’re right. As you said, I am paying for it, it’s not like he’s doing me a favour out of the goodness of his heart.

RMAOK wrote: »
    Damn right - more often than not "annoying them" usually gets it done quicker. If the mechanic thinks you'll accept being without the car for a few days, he'll leave it to one side so he can work on others.

Exactly and I'm thinking they're probably busy due to the weather so will definitely leave the "quieter" customers wait imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd for my sister today. She was called into the office this morning and fired on the say so of a boss who claimed she was incompetent. Now of course I'm biased because she's my sister but I'm well aware of her capabilities and she did not deserve to lose her job. She's very clever and has worked in high pressure environments before so I get the feeling that this was a personal issue that the boss just didn't like her.

So she's now found herself without a job a month after Christmas, just after booking a trip away and adopting 2 kittens with her bf. She's very upset and it's made me upset.

That’s where our cases differ, mine’s fairly old, but I only have it less than a year. Bought off the brother of the mechanic, they do a few sales as well as fixing cars. I suppose my situation could be a thing of “you get what you pay for”, but if yours is that new there shouldn’t be any problems you would think.

Tbh, the price/value of the car is irrelevant. To you, it's priceless ATM - think how awkward things are when you don't have it. Ring the mechanic

Trivial annoyance?

Yes :)

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TA'd for my sister today. She was called into the office this morning and fired on the say so of a boss who claimed she was incompetent. Now of course I'm biased because she's my sister but I'm well aware of her capabilities and she did not deserve to lose her job. She's very clever and has worked in high pressure environments before so I get the feeling that this was a personal issue that the boss just didn't like her.

So she's now found herself without a job a month after Christmas, just after booking a trip away and adopting 2 kittens with her bf. She's very upset and it's made me upset.

That's sh*te, is there HR involved, is it a fair dismissal?

Mollyb60 wrote: »

That's anything but trivial.

Sounds totally unfair and it sounds like they didn't follow any disciplinary procedures prior to termination. Definitely worth looking into whether she has a case for unfair dismissal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm so disappointed I'm not having a snow day at home with the wee one and enjoying her first experience of snow with her. Especially since she loves Frozen. I even said to her, when I put her in her high chair this morning, that line from it "do you want to build a snowman?" and her face lit up. I'm actually devastated I'm not at home making a snowman with the wee one :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trivial annoyance?

It stands for Tight ass

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement