Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah same as myself although I only camped once. They always had good lineups. Doesn't make it a good festival though.

So you camped once in 9 years yet can completely write it off? I camped every year I was there and never got myself in any bother whatsoever, same goes for the huge amount of people I went with over the years.

Musically, it catered for people my age and a bit older when I started going. By 2009 my own life and responsibilities stopped me going but tbh, the lineups had changed from what I enjoyed for all those years.

Personally I think that longitude lineup is embarrassing, none of them are at all note worthy and will all be forgotten about within 10 years. That's one thing you couldn't say about Witnness and Oxegen lineups. But if that's what 16/17 year olds want to go and see then more power to them, I'm sure older people said the same about my excitement when heading off to Witnness in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So you camped once in 9 years yet can completely write it off? I camped every year I was there and never got myself in any bother whatsoever, same goes for the huge amount of people I went with over the years.

Yeah once was enough for me! After I started going to other fetivals, not in Ireland, I quickly realised what a load of shíte Oxegen was.

Personally I think that longitude lineup is embarrassing, none of them are at all note worthy and will all be forgotten about within 10 years. That's one thing you couldn't say about Witnness and Oxegen lineups. But if that's what 16/17 year olds want to go and see then more power to them, I'm sure older people said the same about my excitement when heading off to Witnness in 2000.

Witnness was never that young though. Anyone over about 20 going to Marley in July needs to have a look at themselves.

We still have the Picnic and now All together Now, and others. Well curated and organised festivals. Delighted Oxegen is gone. As are most Scots about T in the Park. Something about the way the festivals were organised were just toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah once was enough for me! After I started going to other fetivals, not in Ireland, I quickly realised what a load of sh Oxegen was.

Witnness was never that young though. Anyone over about 20 going to Marley in July needs to have a look at themselves.

I was 16 in 2000, I went with a group of 4 others and none of us were over 18. Longitude strikes me as just a get together of young ones to show who can wear the skimpiest clothes and the most fake tan and the music doesn't matter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 matthewbyrne7

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Its a well known fact (or theory that I'm just making up as I go along) that people's taste in music stops at age 28.

For me it was Oxegen 2008: Killers, Kings of Leon, Muse, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, Interpol, Biffy Clyro, Daft Punk, The National, Queens of the Stone Age.

Still makes up 75% of the music I listen to regularly

Reactivated my boards account from a long while to reply to this! At 28 myself I understand and love all of the music of Oxegen 08, and even 07 and 06. But I've never stopped finding quality music of any genre if you dig deep enough... I've a ton of a great bands like Beak> and Pom Poko I'm seeing this year in the likes of Whelans, Workmans and Button Factory.

Last year on the punk rock end for myself, it was shame, idles, slaves, fontaines dc, frank carter and murder capital putting on unbelievable shows over here in a brilliant little scene, yeah it's not as massive as it was for sure, but when you can find bands you can still find gems!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

greenspurs wrote: »
    or Slane .......

Shhhhhh dont start that up again :pac::pac:

I went to Oxegen 2006-2011 and always had a good weekend , Have to agree the 2008 line up was prob one of the strongest imo. The last year or two i didnt camp just because i live in Kildare and it was handier to commute over and back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

A001C23F-5D53-48A1-AB7F-915A31392CE0.jpeg.59a92e7510275363df62e7a56390d34f.jpeg

May see some of the smaller acts at Forbidden Fruit. Moreso from the Chem Bros and Christine & the Queens day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Strokes and Interpol... sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

One of the stronger festival lineups this year anyway that's for sure. Especially when you factor in their second weekend too! Went over last year and thought it was a great festival, would recommend for anyone thinking of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Irish gigs ???

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Belinda Carlisle in Vicar street 0n Tuesday 8th October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Stray cats announced three uk dates, I had a ticket for their vicar st show a few yrs ago that got cancelled when the drummer broke his arm, wonder will they play Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott will perform 'The Last King Of Pop' - Paul's recent career spanning album featuring the songs of The Beautiful South, The Housemartins + Paul & Jacqui - in full at Dublin Trinity College on Friday 5th July 2019. Tickets on sale 9am this Friday from www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

exilec wrote: »
    Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott will perform 'The Last King Of Pop' - Paul's recent career spanning album featuring the songs of The Beautiful South, The Housemartins + Paul & Jacqui - in full at Dublin Trinity College on Friday 5th July 2019. Tickets on sale 9am this Friday from www.ticketmaster.ie

Hope they make it to Cork again (or Limerick). I was at their last gig but had to leave before the end. (A power cut in the Opera House meant it ran over time once things got set up again and I had to leave in the middle of "Perfect 10" if I was to get the last bus.... :(

I'd go to this one but I've New Order on the Sunday and it would mean two trips in quick succession...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sad times when u haven't a clue who all those acts for longitude are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Jenny Lewis in the Button Factory, July 29th.
    "Jenny Lewis announces Dublin debut", declare MCD on their site.
    So was that an imposter on stage in the Button Factory in October 2008?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Peter Hook & The Light

Sep 13th Academy Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dasdog

Peter Hook & The Light

Sep 13th Academy Dublin.

A 2.5hr plus set last time he played there. First half New Order second half Joy Division.

It was posted in the ATN thread - Fat White Family are playing the Button Factory on May 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

dasdog wrote: »
    A 2.5hr plus set last time he played there. First half New Order second half Joy Division.

It was posted in the ATN thread - Fat White Family are playing the Button Factory on May 8th.

For anyone who's seen both, what would the better show be - this or New Order at Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Peter Hook & The Light

Sep 13th Academy Dublin.

Seems like a small venue for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dave Keuning, founding member and guitarist from The Killers is playing the Academy Greenroom in Dublin on March 25th, 2019.
    Tickets are only 22 euro .
    Definitely worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

For anyone who's seen both, what would the better show be - this or New Order at Trinity?

It depends as both are doing something different really. The Hooky gig is playing in full the Technique and Republic albums so if you like those its a no brainer.

I would think both are essential as while Hooky's gigs are great his singing on the New order tracks is atrocious. New order would put on the better overall experience but I like going to Hooky as well.
    The last one at the Academy he played bith New Order Substance and the Joy Division one for something like 25 Euro. Full 3 hours so unbelievable value. By 8 O clock he had played Ceremony , Temptation and Blue Monday.
    The great thing about the split is that you get 2 New order /Joy Division tours to see.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds play Malahide Castle on June 16.

When you go to work on Monday after a relaxing weekend and reality hits you so hard you feel like it's Dec 3rd 2018. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jenny Lewis in the Button Factory, July 29th.
    "Jenny Lewis announces Dublin debut", declare MCD on their site.
    So was that an imposter on stage in the Button Factory in October 2008?
    I was about to say...I was at that gig as well!
    It was with the watson twins?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Alice in Chains playing Olympia on 20th May: https://twitter.com/olympiatheatre/status/1092365729620480005?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lc180

Eod100 wrote: »
    Alice in Chains playing Olympia on 20th May: https://twitter.com/olympiatheatre/status/1092365729620480005?s=19

Also playing Belfast the next night - Tuesday 21st May

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

greenspurs wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds play Malahide Castle on June 16.

That was announced and went on sale two months ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

gmisk wrote: »
    I was about to say...I was at that gig as well!
    It was with the watson twins?

No, it was just Jenny Lewis, the Acid Tongue tour. But her previous appearance - at Oxegen in 2006 - was indeed with the Watson Twins.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

New chemical bros album out in April. Can see them doing an ELectric Picnic as they not doing longitude or FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

No, it was just Jenny Lewis, the Acid Tongue tour. But her previous appearance - at Oxegen in 2006 - was indeed with the Watson Twins.
    You might be right...it was a long time ago :)

Advertisement