Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FOALS
    New tune. New albums. New tours.

Get the scoop on Annie Mac at 7:30p GMT.

Pre-order & tour details available tonight at http://foals.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

From the Olympia's twitter...

Delighted to announce that Ryan Adams is coming to The Olympia Theatre on the 31st March 2019!

Tickets on sale 25th January at 9am

https://t.co/NHNLvnm6Xq

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Electric Six playing Cork on 9th May at Cyprus Avenue. Hopefully they start getting more bigger names after their upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mushy wrote: »
    Electric Six playing Cork on 9th May at Cyprus Avenue. Hopefully they start getting more bigger names after their upgrade!

Is it stage is bigger? Or have they taken down back wall between bar and stage ? Haven't been there in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it stage is bigger? Or have they taken down back wall between bar and stage ? Haven't been there in years!

Made the room twice as big, stage is pushed back, new modern sound system, new lighting rig. No pillar/low beam across stage now. Sounds more like button factory, but square room. Supposed to be excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Foals playing Trinity 2nd July

Announcements coming think and fast. Ryan Adams playing Olympia 31st March. Drake playing 3Arena 19th, 21st and 22nd March. Big Thief playing Vicar Street on 21st May.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eod100 wrote: »
    Announcements coming think and fast. Ryan Adams playing Olympia 31st March. Drake playing 3Arena 19th, 21st and 22nd March. Big Thief playing Vicar Street on 21st May.

I'll upgrade the Google sheet shortly

Matthew and the Atlas announced for 30th May: https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1087832292473651204?s=19

Talos playing Kilkenny, Galway and Limerick 25th, 26th and 27th April. Dublin album launch is 9th February. No Cork gig it looks like this time round. https://twitter.com/thisistalos/status/1088002792013340672?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭budgemook

What time do the main act usually start in the Olympia? Can't remember if it's 8:45 or 9:15

• Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

budgemook wrote: »
    What time do the main act usually start in the Olympia? Can't remember if it's 8:45 or 9:15

Depends entirely on the act.

Usually around 9pm. Have seen both Travis and Years & Years start at 9 recently following a support act.

Delighted with this after their very short set at EP this year

Delighted with this after their 20 year gap playing their own gig here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Rod Stewart for Belfast and Dublin in Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

budgemook wrote: »
    With death cab for cutie tonight they are saying 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

gmisk wrote: »
    With death cab for cutie tonight they are saying 9pm

The Beths who played a great set at the grand social last night are supporting
    DCFC so id recommend getting there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Beths are excellent. Played their own gig here last night.

sweetie wrote: »
    The Beths who played a great set at the grand social last night are supporting
    DCFC so id recommend getting there early.
    I heard that they are good alright, on at 8 so planning on being there at 8 :)
    I am old so have a seat (at least its in Row A lol) I know its sold out so atmosphere should be ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

AVA:
    DxrQlVYWwAAiljG.jpg:large

It Takes A Village festival announcing 2nd line-up tomorrow: https://twitter.com/ITAVfestival/status/1088466840907526144?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Catfish And The Bottlmen playing Galway (Leisureland) and Dublin (Olympia) in April.

FB-IMG-1548404579865.jpg

Death cab for cutie last night were excellent (maybe not quite as good as the time I saw them in the ambassador - but very close) they have some back catalogue.
    The beths also went down really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Patti Griffin playing Cork Dingle, Kilkenny and Belfast in May.

https://www.pattygriffin.com/tour/

Death cab for cutie last night were excellent (maybe not quite as good as the time I saw them in the ambassador - but very close) they have some back catalogue.
    Last time I saw them in Ireland too.. with Frightened Rabbit supporting with 'The Midnight Organ Fight' tour. Was absolutely incredible!

Am off to see Death Cab in London in the Apollo next Friday.. just because it's one helluva venue - saw Bon Iver last year there - just breathtaking!

Looked at the setlist from last night on Setlist.fm... some incredible not-often played choices (Photobooth and We Looked Like Giants), some not so incredible (Tiny Vessels) and missing a few belters (The New Year, Sound Of Settling, You Are A Tourist etc). Hard to please everyone after 9 albums though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

No love for Tiny Vessels? boo

Their setlist lastnight looks great, I had tix but decided to give it a miss as I had Marc Rebillet on Wednesday night and PSB next week so something had to go :(

maximoose wrote: »
    No love for Tiny Vessels? boo
    It's fine... just fine.. as a song on any other Death Cab album, it's solid. But it's the one song on Transatlanticism I'd be more inclined to skip.

EDIT: Actually, just noticed they did play Sound Of Settling before encore.

Basq wrote: »
    Last time I saw them in Ireland too.. with Frightened Rabbit supporting with 'The Midnight Organ Fight' tour. Was absolutely incredible!

Am off to see Death Cab in London in the Apollo next Friday.. just because it's one helluva venue - saw Bon Iver last year there - just breathtaking!

Looked at the setlist from last night on Setlist.fm... some incredible not-often played choices (Photobooth and We Looked Like Giants), some not so incredible (Tiny Vessels) and missing a few belters (The New Year, Sound Of Settling, You Are A Tourist etc). Hard to please everyone after 9 albums though.
    Oh yeah forgot frightened rabbit were the support at that one they were great too, the ambassador was such a kip really but went to some brill gigs in it (Idlewild in particular were brill and MGMT)

they defo played "the sound of settling" last night
    They didnt play Summer skin though which I love :(

But as you say 9 albums they are bound to miss a couple you like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Oh yeah forgot frightened rabbit were the support at that one they were great too, the ambassador was such a kip really but went to some brill gigs in it (Idlewild in particular were brill and MGMT)

Yea the sound was always hit and miss but there was something i liked about the venue(i think it was because it kinda reminded me of a smaller Brixton Academy). Seen QOTSA,Ash.Airbourne, Kerrang Tour 08? there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Best memories of the Ambo were the Pulp gig sponsored by guinness, you were given a wristband with 5 pints on the way in, I stuck out my other arm closer to the door and got another. 10 pints of the black stuff in about 3 hrs makes any gig go well!

Saw Wilco there too and a few hours later they were loading up outside and we met them, nearly persuaded them to bring us to next gig in Scotland too.

• Advertisement

Ambassador was a savage venue I thought. Once you were near front, sound was always good.. but patchy definitely as you moved further back.

Seen Green Day play it on the verge of American Idiot being released.. then they went from a "relatively popular band" to selling multiple nights in Three Arena.. or The O2 as it was back then.

Advertisement