Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

BronsonTB wrote: »
    If anyone gets a presale code they are not using, it would be much appreciated if you could drop me a PM.

Thanks everyone, got sorted.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Any fans of Picture This and Gavin James? They are doing a secret show somewhere in dublin tonight. Venue will be announced after 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any fans of Picture This and Gavin James? They are doing a secret show somewhere in dublin tonight. Venue will be announced after 8pm

That's Doyle's I reckon. They usually do Tuesday gigs there

Eod100 wrote: »
    That's Doyle's I reckon. They usually do Tuesday gigs there

Yea you are right , they posted it on twitter a few mins ago

DuuW1NAWwAMNJEI.jpg:large

The raconteurs announcing new music tomorrow , would love to see them do a european tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

Féile classical announced for Semple stadium again for September 2019, around the 21st. I didn't see any lineup but I imagine it'll be similar enough to 2018. personally I'm disappointed it's not in August but maybe it'll be worth the inconvenience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

julyjane wrote: »
    Féile classical announced for Semple stadium again for September 2019, around the 21st. I didn't see any lineup but I imagine it'll be similar enough to 2018. personally I'm disappointed it's not in August but maybe it'll be worth the inconvenience

Frank and Walters, Sultans of Ping and Mundy.
    Trip to Tipp Weekender will also feature rip-roaring performances from lots of the Féile Classical 2018 bands, along with some other 90’s legends – all will be revealed when the full line-up is announced in spring! This year’s festival will feature a bigger new Glampsite, with more options to suit all festival-goers, details and prices are coming soon!

Trip to Tipp Weekender Early Bird Weekend tickets are €139.50 incl. booking fee and are on sale on Eventbrite only at this discounted price until 31st December 2018 please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trip-to-tipp-2019-tickets-53808542800?ref=estw

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Built a printable Little Mix ticket for a nice looking christmas present. Feel free to use it as well:

jkf85n5x.jpg grah5d9p.jpg yzx2lral.jpg

The barcode is a random string for decoration only, not my actual code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Built a printable Little Mix ticket for a nice looking christmas present. Feel free to use it as well:

Looks excellent. Recipient will love it.

You should clear the barcode though and repost. As someone could print and reuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Looks excellent. Recipient will love it.

You should clear the barcode though and repost. As someone could print and reuse.

Thanks, the barcode is random though and has nothing to do with the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

Are Foo Fighters in the RDS sold out?

instanel wrote: »
    Are Foo Fighters in the RDS sold out?

No tickets available at the moment. More will probably be released in due course. Just keep an eye on the ticketmaster listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Didn't know where else to post this, but it looks like Bodytonic are set to take over the Wright Venue in Swords.
    "A report in the Independent today suggests that Dublin may be getting a big dance music venue after all its recent closures.

The Wright Venue in Swords is to close for good but it seems Bodytonic are lining up a takeover of the lease of the site that they will be calling The Jam Park, and the place will operate big dance gigs by various promoters.

Jam Park, according to Bodytonic will be “a new arts, games, eatery & events space.”

Current staff in the Wright venue have been notified of the closure.

If this is true, then it seems to echo the trend in European cities like the Netherlands where the city’s big club spaces exist on the outskirts.

The Wright venue has a capacity of 2800 over 3 floors so if the suggestion is true, the place will likely be used for shows that featured in District 8 and bigger so think big international DJs and musicians.

This would be much needed good news for dance music in Dublin with Hangar closing recently and District 8 closing this month. Bodytonic are excellent promoters who currently run Beatyard festival, Wigwam, The Bernard Shaw and other bars around the city. It would be exciting to see what they have planned for a venue with such a large capacity (just for comparison District 8 is around 1,000-1,500 , Vicar Street around 1,500, Olympia 1,200) and it would hopefully mean we would see more mid-sized acts coming to Ireland as there are not many other venues with a capacity more than 1,500.

Personally as someone who doesn't live in Dublin, it would be a bit of a pain in the arse getting out to Swords for a late night gig but might be manageable every once in a while. I would presume they will continue with their more intimate bookings in venues like Wigwam or the Bernard Shaw. Especially with the closure of D8 later this month you would expect there to be ~1,000 clubbers looking for somewhere to go on a Saturday night so definitely a gap in the market I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think they'd be hard-pressed to get many of those 1000+ who were at Hangar/District8 out to Swords every weekend without bigger lineups than were at those two venues.
    I wonder if they'll put on big multi-DJ events, similar to Printworks in London, or the Warehouse Project in Manchester are doing, albeit on a smaller scale. I find it hard to imagine 2800 people bothering to go to Swords each week to see the vast majority of acts that were at D8, let alone Hangar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think they'd be hard-pressed to get many of those 1000+ who were at Hangar/District8 out to Swords every weekend without bigger lineups than were at those two venues.
    I wonder if they'll put on big multi-DJ events, similar to Printworks in London, or the Warehouse Project in Manchester are doing, albeit on a smaller scale. I find it hard to imagine 2800 people bothering to go to Swords each week to see the vast majority of acts that were at D8, let alone Hangar.

Yeah I guess that would be the worry. Not sure what the transport is like but can't imagine you have any other option other than a taxi of getting back after a night in the Wright Venue? I am struggling to think really of many electronic acts they could book that would entice me to go out to Swords, so hopefully they don't just focus on booking DJs and get in some live acts too.

What you suggested would be a good idea and would probably get people to travel, but I wonder would the opening hours screw them there. At least in Printworks/WHP they seem to be all day/night events, if they were only going to be on for 4 hours it would want to be one hell of a lineup to get people there who don't live in Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Walking on Cars are playing in Whelans this day 2 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Don't think it was mentioned but Rolling blackouts Coastal Fever are supporting (or joint headlining!) with Idles at Ivegah gardens. This will be some gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just noticed Stella Donnelly playing the Workman's in April. I really enjoyed her at Other Voices in Stradbally. Sweet songs with a kick. Good craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Walking on Cars are playing in Whelans this day 2 weeks...
    Sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭corm500

Anyone know anything about a festival taking place in Tayto Park on 29th/30th June?
    I hear they are planning on a music type festival but there is no news out there on it.
    I went to their website and noticed the theme park is closed on both of those days so it must be true that they are planning something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Interesting. Would be a cool location for a mini festival. Not sure the animals in their zoo would agree but, judging by some of the recent reports, the animal's welfare is not a priority.

I don't know why but I just immediately think of a Dance music festival. Booked over 2 days means there'd have to be some sort of accommodation on site too, camping perhaps? Be difficult to get folks up and down from Dublin without on-site accommodation. The dates are prime 'kids off school' time, so they'd want to be selling out whatever it is to make up for closing it to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maren Morris and Raelynn are at The Academy on May 24th tickets on sale next Friday 25th at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 38,059 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder we will get any more big outdoor gigs announced ??? Aviva is closed for the summer, Croke parks allocation is up, Slane has its headliner along with various big outdoor shows in other places. Maybe the Marley Park series might have someone decent play. No Sign of the cowboy coming back soon

this time last year there was a big buzz around with the Stones eventually annoucing the Croke Park gig

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder we will get any more big outdoor gigs announced ??? Aviva is closed for the summer, Croke parks allocation is up, Slane has its headliner along with various big outdoor shows in other places. Maybe the Marley Park series might have someone decent play. No Sign of the cowboy coming back soon

this time last year there was a big buzz around with the Stones eventually annoucing the Croke Park gig

Thank god he hasn't announced anything. He won't either so please god the talk of him doing gigs fades away.

No gigs announced for RHK yet outside of Forbidden Fruit, maybe one or two for there? That said, the RDS has taken huge slack for gigs this year so maybe they're all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

PTH2009 wrote: »

Highly unlikely we going to see the cowboy as I'd say its 5 nights at Croker or nothing else as per last time so chances of that are slim to zero! No one wants to have to choose between their children remember :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Love how some people get so upset about him that they can’t even say his name

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Love how some people get so upset about him that they can’t even say his name

I know but what Declan Nerney done to this country was hard to swallow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

The Antlers doing a 10 year anniversary gig of their album Hospice in the Sugar Club on 30-APR if anyone's interested.

Tickets went on sale this morning.

c476ec8f.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

James Morrison playing the Olympia on April 4th (Thursday)

Tickets on sale next Friday January 25th

image003.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭lc180

With the end of month pay day approaching I'd expect a few more announcements in the next week or so.
    Lollapalooza Paris and Superbock in Lisbon (both in July) releasing lineups in coming days. Will be interesting to see if they have any headliners not already doing the rounds this summer.

Advertisement