Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Precious parents and their new born kids

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

davo2001 wrote: »
    OP clearly doesn't have kids. If you did, you would understand.

Understand what exactly, that the world revolves around your child's nap time???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Understand what? What am I missing?

I have no children and I’m well aware that my knowledge of what babies are like is very deficient because you don’t learn about it really until you actually experience it. I’d say new parenthood presents all kinds of surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Everyone has their own way of raising their children. Who are you to judge? We mightn't agree with it but at the end of the day it's no ones business but the parents.

You are quite correct, how parents treat their child is their own business.

However, they don't need to be an ass and inflict the strangeness on others.
    There were at least two examples of tosserism - arriving 90 minutes later than planned, and dragging people to a Christening, and then buggering off for a sleep.

Lots of people have had babies and gone through the lack of sleep/mad protector phase.
    We just reverted to normality when we met or dealt with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Understand what? What am I missing?

How much a pain in the arse it is to break a routine of a new born?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

OP clearly has Daddy issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

It s my business when I wait 90 minutes for someone to show up or they invite me to their house and I have to whisper.
    Hope you're ok. what a terrible thing to happen to you. Have you thought about cutting them from your life?

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I hate the ones when they are in the shops , on the bus or just out and about and they like to shout about what the kids are doing.

OHHHH LITTLE JIM, YOUR FUNNY, OHHH HAHAHAHAHA WHAT ARE YOU DOING. Then they start looking around the place to see if you are looking.

Yes yes yes I can hear you but no I don't want to look, **** off please.

Who calls their child Jim?

Understand what exactly, that the world revolves around your child's nap time???

To the parents, it does. Don't worry OP, when/if you have kids someday you will understand. Did you miss your nap today by any chance?

Human newborns wake every few hours for a feed, day or night. If they wake themselves, they will cry a lot. The sound is distressing to humans, even more so to the parent humans who have formed what is called "emotional attachment" to the human neworn. I'm explaining this to you in terms a robot might understand. I hope that's helpful.

So anyway, you can wake em yourself or not, but either way you're getting up.

Again, this indicates you lack even the most basic knowledge of child-rearing.

So what you've attempted to say is that babies fall asleep and when they wake up they cry for food and therefore the world must come to a standstill. Thank you for haring the most basic knowledge of child rearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

There were at least two examples of tosserism - arriving 90 minutes later than planned, and dragging people to a Christening, and then buggering off for a sleep.

What idiot would have kids and not use them as an excuse when you want to avoid tedious situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

So what you've attempted to say is that babies fall asleep and when they wake up they cry for food and therefore the world must come to a standstill.

In response to you sneering at the idea of waking a baby every 3 hours to feed as if it were some crazy new-fangled helicopter parenting notion.

This in an attempt to imply parents lack of sleep is their own fault.

You are clueless.

How much a pain in the arse it is to break a routine of a new born?

You just highlighted the problem. The "routine of a new born". They don't have routines.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

All of it. Ah that's not fair. You mentioned babies sleep and poop, so it's just everything except those two facts. Which are broadly applicable to people, so probably not as insightful as you thought.

I'm well aware what kids do I've a 2 year old and 5 year old. I've been there looking after them since they where born.
    If there's a bit of normal noise going on around kids they get used to it and will sleep threw it.

All they do is sleep when there young so you won't screw that up by acting like a normal person!

Kids have routines parents try having them to but that's it don't expect the rest the world to revolve around your life!

You just highlighted the problem. The "routine of a new born". They don't have routines.

The whole point is to try and get them into one. Again, you're clearly not a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

meeeeh wrote: »
    What idiot would have kids and not use them as an excuse when you want to avoid tedious situations.

Thats why I have back issues, to get away from those new born baby situations...

Must go... my sciatic nerve is killing me... cute kid..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

danslevent wrote: »
    I find parents very irritating as well when it comes to their kids. I used to work in creche and the drama everyday with some of them. They would refuse to leave the classroom when their child is upset because they are leaving. Just get out! Let us do our job! Your child will be playing within two minutes, you hanging around and causing a scene isn't helping anyone. They are usually laughing and playing within mere minutes after the parnet has left.

Just wait until you have to peel your own flesh and blood’s fingers one by one from your hand as their eyes implore you to stay.

Parents aren’t stupid morons. We know the child will be fine but it’s not so easy when you have heart strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Op - Not a parent ?

If you were you'd understand ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I'm well aware what kids do I've a 2 year old and 5 year old. I've been there looking after them since they where born.
    If there's a bit of normal noise going on around kids they get used to it and will sleep threw it.

All they do is sleep when there young so you won't screw that up by acting like a normal person!

Kids have routines parents try having them to but that's it don't expect the rest the world to revolve around your life!

It's OP whose knowledge we're doubting, both in the comment you first responded to and my reply.

We have almost identical families btw.

The whole point is to try and get them into one. Again, you're clearly not a parent.

I'm just an organised parent that has my s**t together. Not like the insufferable thirty-something parents we have nowadays with their houses untidy and in bits and fawning over the child as if it were some deity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

It s my business when I wait 90 minutes for someone to show up or they invite me to their house and I have to whisper.

Sounds like you're the one who's precious here.

Also, I'm curious, do you have any kids yourself?

• Advertisement

I'm just an organised parent that has my s**t together. Not like the insufferable thirty-something parents we have nowadays with their houses untidy and in bits and fawning over the child as if it were some deity.

So you're a 40+ or 50+ parent. Father or mother?

greenspurs wrote: »
    Op - Not a parent ?

If you were you'd understand ......

I probably have more parenting experience than most of the millenials on here put together who should really be organising their house right now bu instead are posting on the internet and then go around telling people how busy it is to have children and how they can never get anything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I probably have more parenting experience than most of the millenials on here put together who should really be organising their house right now bu instead are posting on the internet and then go around telling people how busy it is to have children and how they can never get anything done.
    And you are here because you have nothing to do? Are there many people avoiding you using their kids as an excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Human newborns wake every few hours for a feed, day or night. If they wake themselves, they will cry a lot. The sound is distressing to humans, even more so to the parent humans who have formed what is called "emotional attachment" to the human neworn. I'm explaining this to you in terms a robot might understand. I hope that's helpful.

So anyway, you can wake em yourself or not, but either way you're getting up.

Again, this indicates you lack even the most basic knowledge of child-rearing.

I've been around babies crying and yes it is designed to attract attention. Funny thing is that when our daughter was born when she did cry it not only attracted attention but there was always a sort of what I can only describe as a 'flaring, tinnitus like' sensation in my ear. It was as if my ear was sensitively tuned to her frequency. Never had that with other crying babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Based on the original post and your responses in this thread, you’re coming across kinda high maintenance, OP. Friends like that are a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

I know how you feel OP just cos people have a newborn doesn’t give them the right to forget basic manners. 90 minutes you waited I’d have given em 10 and I’d have been outta there.

As for the My Little Johnny/Mary can do no wrong crowd, don’t get me started on them, little Johnny/Mary is the anti-christ but you can’t/won’t see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

So you're a 40+ or 50+ parent. Father or mother?

I'd put solid money on Male, hands-off parent. a couple of kids, barely saw them as newborns. No paternity leave, wifey did it all out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

Jesus OP you need to wind your neck in a bit.

"Millennial" is marketing buzzword BS. There are certain realities of modern life though that might make your experience very different from those of more recent parents.

Messy houses, sure, because typically both parents work full time. This itself being a consequence of rent/mortgage costs being a larger fraction of the household income than in previous generations. This then gets compounded by childcare costs which also tend to increase faster than salaries, meaning they seem reasonable and manageable in the first year and quickly become a massive burden. The complaint of not having time stems from working parenthood too. The social media usage, well, you're here too so that's not unique to the younger generation.

It's pretty clear that your disdain for younger people underlies a lot of this. You've bought the generational cohort narrative, I guess. Most do, though it takes a certain kind of mindset to turn that into an excuse to look down on people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Leaving aside the OP's issue I can say what irritates me is when I am in company with a parent and young child having a conversation etc and the kid pipes up and the adult cuts the conversation and completely focuses on the kid to placate them

Or another I have seen is the parent literally hovering obsessively over their kid as they play/move around

Advertisement