Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    Recent time in college meant I had to write & a lot. Never quite mastered it. Only came out properly about half the time.
    Agreed, Ampersand is a difficult one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

oh my E is roundy more like an € with one line than E

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »

Haha my ampersands end up as normal brackets with a little line on them:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Anyone else fearing that Mick brought up this topic so he could learn to forge our signatures?? :);) :P

sKeith wrote: »

Is that what that thing is called?

I’m crap at doing that if it extends over 3 lines on a page. Can’t get the pointy bit centered at all after that and the curved bit is not very pretty either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sullivlo wrote: »
    I don’t dot my i when writing.

Same. I dot the i only on very rare occasions. And my capital E will change many times in the same sentence. Sometimes its the block capital E like it's typed, other times it's the curvy E like this:
    bacccdf110256c388ab9087a4a688638--printable-alphabet-letters-cursive-letters.jpg

oh my E is roundy more like an € with one line than E

My euro symbol looks sh1te too when I write it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can anyone actually write this? >> &

I have a mental block over it and now just do an 8 and draw a lowercase x

fixxxer wrote: »
    Can anyone actually write this? >> &

I have a mental block over it and now just do an 8 and draw a lowercase x

I’ve never written “and” like that in my life. Should you start bottom right and go with the straight line to top left or start with the curl at the bottom?

We really are bored lol

Can’t we have a quick vanilla game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We really are bored lol

Can’t we have a quick vanilla game?

IN

Loughc wrote: »
    IN

NECROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'll run it

In if we’re really having a game.

My & starts with the top of the sticky out bits then goes around clockwise for the bottom half and anti clockwise for the top half and ends with the bottom of the sticky out bits. In theory anyway but it is usually difficult to pull off correctly.

Pter wrote: »
    I'll run it

Should we ask the new bloods?

I'll setup a thread shortly and as soon as we have 8-10 we will get going.

I'll let the new people in the forum sign up to the new game notification thread if they want. Don't want to hijack the Feb game thread or, indeed, this thread any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

In

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Oh and my handwriting is weird too!

Vanilla game thread up. No more sign up posts here please.

Anyone else fearing that Mick brought up this topic so he could learn to forge our signatures?? :);) :P

**** caught, obviously im not as talented as Mr. Ripley

• Advertisement

Was gonna start a new book tonight but cat is sitting on it and I don’t want to disturb him :(

Was gonna start a new book tonight but cat is sitting on it and I don’t want to disturb him :(

My cat is currently glaring at me coz it's past our bedtime and she wants ham. It's very distracting.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    My cat is currently glaring at me coz it's past our bedtime and she wants ham. It's very distracting.

LOL!

Has she forgiven you for her vet visit? Mine goes through PTSD every time I take him!

LOL!

Has she forgiven you for her vet visit? Mine goes through PTSD every time I take him!

Yeah she was incredibly jumpy last night though when we got her home. Wouldn't settle the whole night the poor thing. She's back to normal now but is intermittently walking across my laptop at this point in an effort to get my attention. lol.

Yeah she was incredibly jumpy last night though when we got her home. Wouldn't settle the whole night the poor thing. She's back to normal now but is intermittently walking across my laptop at this point in an effort to get my attention. lol.

Ah, I know that technique well. My other cat specializes in it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Our home is currently a cattery as we're minding the folks pets for the week while they're away. Was rudely awoken by one of them this morning clawing my feet for food.

Not impressed at all with me being on night shift :(

No cats allowed in the bedroom during the night. Make it your golden rule Necro. Our one would be sitting on your head at 4am looking for food if we let her in. It's bad enough listening to her howling in the kitchen.

No cats allowed in the bedroom during the night. Make it your golden rule Necro. Our one would be sitting on your head at 4am looking for food if we let her in. It's bad enough listening to her howling in the kitchen.

Oh they aren't. Wifey accidentally left door open when getting up with the boys. And STILL the damn thing came to me :pac:

Mine are allowed in the bedroom. Just as well since I don’t get any other offers.

We’re all on the bed as we speak.

• Advertisement

Presumably most have watched Birdbox at this point? What did people think?

Advertisement