Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most racist thing you’ve done,

Options

Comments

Gravelly wrote: »
    I don't like them either - they're shíte :D

Eeeeep fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭enricoh

Went to Germany for the summer after i finished the leaving cert. I started working in a factory one Monday morning after a hectic weekends clubbing. There was a lad assigned to train me up, A while later i noticed him in the corner on the ground rocking forward and back.
    This guys having an epilectic fit says i, i remembered vaguely hearing something about they can bite on their tongue so its best to try n prevent it. I start putting my hand in his mouth to get his tongue , yer man stops rocking n looks like hes gonna kill me.

He was on his prayer mat, facing mecca!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Last summer I was wandering down the cul de sac on my way home from work. There were 2 young lads maybe 13 or 14 thumping the head off each other, both happened to be black. I recognised one as a lad that lives on our street. The other didn't but had been causing a lot of trouble on the street over the summer holidays. I went over and dragged one lad off the other and told them to act their age, there were other younger kids around and there was no need for this nonsense. The one that didn't live on our street started effing and blinding at me so I turned around and said why don't you just go home and stop causing trouble. He got on his bike and cycled off......

That evening my wife was on the street's facebook page and said I was being branded a racist for telling a black kid to "go home". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Called someone a Paki on LiveLine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Apparantly when I was about 3 years old I was walking with my mother when a black guy came towards us. I pointed at him and asked good ol' mummy "what's that?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I nearly sat on a black lad in the cinema. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    i ate all the black ones out of the jellybaby bag .

A modern day Oscar Schindler

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Stated that African countries have a far inferior average IQ compared to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

I nearly sat on a black lad in the cinema. True story.

Film Noir?

Is this thread in honor of MLK day?

Because it's not quite working out if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Apparantly when I was about 3 years old I was walking with my mother when a black guy came towards us. I pointed at him and asked good ol' mummy "what's that?"

My son calls black people "brown people" and refers to himself as being "peach" ... not sure if that's what they teach them in school these days, or if he's just saying it as he sees it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I sang Baa Baa Black sheep to my 5 month old the other day.

I said the n word. In a childish way! I just blurted it out to hear what it would it be like to say it. Felt like a very bad person after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Bumped into a black man in a cinema and said
    'Sorry, I didn't see you there'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

JayZeus wrote: »
    'I'm not racist, but...'

You got angry and called a black man a N****r, after he called you some generic made up name.

You weren't trying to equalise things and show him the error of his ways. You gave a full on racist response, in anger. Don't try to dress it up as something else now.

Your knee jerk reaction to a conflict with a black man was to call him a N****r. That's pretty awful stuff.

Maybe the black guy shouldnt have been racist in the first place then he wouldnt have called him N*****

Why is it worse in your mind that the white person says something racist after the black person just said similar racist comments?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

I don't like soul glo or coconut oil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

I don't like the rap singers, you know the rap singers... you've seen them on the top of the pops, they run along the handrail, where the multistorey is, by the corn exchange, they jump up on the little wall where the shopping trolleys come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Gonad wrote: »
    My uncle married a black lady and she had a few black kids.

I once called one of them by the wrong name and stupidly said “which one are you again. “

In your defence one my cousins has six kids and I've often said that to them because I get lost with which is which

I'd say that's more of a forgetful relative than a racist remark

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

JayZeus wrote: »
    There is no defence.

I think he stopped short anyway.

Casually throwing in 'N*****' into an argument with a black person is a whole other level of C*** than white snowball.

Today in work I was telling a black lady who works with me that I was shooting on Saturday (targets).

Swear to God her reply was "Did you shoot any ****?". :eek: Her words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Thinking ‘half-caste’ was a perfectly acceptable term and using it. I grew up in a place where everyone used the term (it was never used in a derogatory way) and only found out after I moved away to college that it really wasn’t okay.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

I said the n word. In a childish way! I just blurted it out to hear what it would it be like to say it. Felt like a very bad person after that.

The worst kind of racist you were able to use the word, and yet know you refer to it as the N word.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My then housemates and I advertised for a housekeeper back in the tiger days of old, to come in twice a week and clean so we could bring girls back at the weekend and at least not have them run away immediately due to the state of the place.

Had an interview lined up with a woman from the far side of town, until we found out she was Nigerian and cancelled it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Thinking ‘half-caste’ was a perfectly acceptable term and using it. I grew up in a place where everyone used the term (it was never used in a derogatory way) and only found out after I moved away to college that it really wasn’t okay.

Half caste isn't an acceptable term? Since when?

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    The worst kind of racist you were able to use the word, and yet know you refer to it as the N word.

Thats because it is a bad word and I am a bad person for saying so it will never pass my lips again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,371 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Thats because it is a bad word and I am a bad person for saying so it will never pass my lips again.

Even if you're listening to gangsta rap in your car?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

evil_seed wrote: »
    I say all the lyrics to rap songs ...
    Be careful. A woman posted rap lyrics on twitter in the UK and got convicted of a hate crime!

nullzero wrote: »
    Even if you're listening to gangsta rap in your car?

Yes. Even then.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Still have a Lyons Tea mug, complete with black and white minstrel.
    They did a promotion with free mugs in the 90s, that was the last hurrah for those company mascots.

An old boss of mine used the phrase 'n*gger in the woodpile' quite often in front of everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I always bet on Red

Advertisement