Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most racist thing you’ve done,

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I am unable to sing "eenie meenie miney moe" without using the N word.

Apparently it's meant to be 'Tiger' in these enlightened days but old habits die hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭randd1

I called a black man a ni**er to his face once.

In my defence, he called me a white snowball c*nt first. When I called him a ni**er, he called me a racist, until I pointed out he was the first one to call somebody by a racist insult, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and that if he didn't want to be insulted about his skin colour then he shouldn't insult people about theirs. To be honest, I think we were both as angry as each other, though in the end we both apologized.

He turned out to be decent lad afterwards, had the odd drink over the years with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I don't like the ideology of Islam, apparently that makes me racist.

randd1 wrote: »
    I called a black man a ni**er to his face once.

In my defence, he called me a white snowball c*nt first. When I called him a ni**er, he called me a racist, until I pointed out....blah, blah, blah

There is no defence.

I think he stopped short anyway.

Casually throwing in 'N*****' into an argument with a black person is a whole other level of C*** than white snowball.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

I usually fish for sea trout, the old boys call them "white trout" they fight stronger than the brown trout and are more aerobatic during a struggle.

So I suppose that's discrimination and racism and torture all in one.

Nothing like a seatrout "white trout"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

Was about 8 or 9 visited Canadas Capital Ottawa folks send me up to stand next to one of queens guards witht the big bear hats, i stand next to him look up and shout to them I dont want a black one, exit stage left pronto

dont think dad got the pic either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Be born apparently.

White, Male, Straight, South African, Privileged. Just the absolute worst!

:pac:

JayZeus wrote: »
    There is no defence.

Casually throwing in 'N*****' into an argument with a black person is a whole other level of C*** than white snowball.

No, it's not. Racism is racism, whether a black man or a white man or whoever saying it. I don't doubt in the slightest it was a racist comment on my part, but it was no different to him saying one to me. If you're going to dish it out, expect to get it back, and don't whinge if you do.

And I honestly couldn't care less about his skin colour, I was simply making a point to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My favourite toy when I was small was a golliwog.

My parents took him off me because they were afraid to be seen as racist. When I was looking everywhere for him, bawling crying, they told me he was gone to jail and I'd never see him again.

Basically sentencing him to life imprisonment just because he was black. :(

....And I honestly couldn't care less about his skin colour, I was simply making a point to him.

'I'm not racist, but...'
    ...To be honest, I think we were both as angry as each other....

He turned out to be decent lad afterwards, had the odd drink over the years with him

You got angry and called a black man a N****r, after he called you some generic made up name.

You weren't trying to equalise things and show him the error of his ways. You gave a full on racist response, in anger. Don't try to dress it up as something else now.

Your knee jerk reaction to a conflict with a black man was to call him a N****r. That's pretty awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I say all the lyrics to rap songs ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

There is no defence.

:rolleyes:
    Personally, I like the insult of "pigskin". A nice little nod to the fact that we're called "long pigs" by cannibalistic tribes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

....And I honestly couldn't care less about his skin colour, I was simply making a point to him.

'I'm not racist, but...'
    ...To be honest, I think we were both as angry as each other....

He turned out to be decent lad afterwards, had the odd drink over the years with him

You got angry and called a black man a N****r, after he called you some generic made up name.

Your knee jerk reaction to a conflict with a black man was to call him a N****r. That's pretty awful stuff.

Stop trying to be such a White Knight..the black man was perfectly able to defend himself without you sticking up for him.

My favourite toy when I was small was a golliwog.

My parents took him off me because they were afraid to be seen as racist. When I was looking everywhere for him, bawling crying, they told me he was gone to jail and I'd never see him again.

Basically sentencing him to life imprisonment just because he was black. :(

I loved my Golly too, never associated it with representing a human being, but another form of dressed teddy bear. My mother had a “Ni**er Doll” in early 1920s, adored it. It was her parents way then of educating her that there were people of different outward appearance in the world. The N word only got bad connotations when used in derisory speech, to people like my grandparents it was simply the word for Black African derived ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Basically being born if you follow on the rest of my life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I once told a man he had got preferential treatment because of his skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

There is no defence.

No it’s not

Both equally racist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Called a black man a ñigger in London one time, he had called me an Irish cnut and mentioned something about potatoes. The funny thing was the look of shock on his face after I called him a ñigger , like I had crossed some line or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Reared a German Shepherd that disliked anyone of colour.

Not intentionally.

'I'm not racist, but...'

You weren't trying to equalise things and show him the error of his ways. You gave a full on racist response, in anger. Don't try to dress it up as something else now.

We both threw out racist comments. One is not worse than the other, both were deplorable.

And it was not a knee jerk reaction either, I called it to him purely because he threw a racist slur at me. As I said what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

As for being a racist, I'm not. Racism is the belief of the superiority of one race over another. I believe no such thing, given the utter stupidity of such a belief. The thing that makes us look different, our genetics, is simply virtually indistinguishable as a species.

As I said, I was purely making a point with respect to using skin colour to insult someone.

And I did mention I had the occasional drink with him afterwards, and that he turned out to be a decent lad.

But if it's much easier for you to simply scream racism, then you go right ahead dear, make yourself feel good about it, and I'll try not to not lose too much sleep over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Finding Family Guy's black jokes really funny, like "Black Jesus":

Not overly racist I guess, more making fun of 70s "blaxploitation" movies. It's usually ironic humour more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Humphrey BoaGart

Voted for Peter Casey ;)

Jumps through window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I once threw some curry chips in the air and it landed on a black man.

And you?

I once threw a black man in the air and he landed on some curry chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I once threw some curry chips in the air and it landed on a black man.

And you?

I once attended a lynching in the deep south. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Never really understood the concept of racism

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's not, really. It just causing the maximum amount of insult with the minimum amount of effort, that is, efficiency. But no different from any kind of insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭ArrBee

'I'm not racist, but...'

So if he'd of use "8 ball" instead, that'd be ok with you?

Judging by the PMs I got it seems the two most racist things I ever did were 1) Allow my daughter to darken her skin artificially while dressing up as Moana and 2) Saying openly on a thread on the topic that I have never been - and therefore never expect to be - sexually attracted to a woman of color or Asian women.

No one has ever explained to me why either of them are racist but man I got some kick back from both.
    Finding Family Guy's black jokes really funny, like "Black Jesus":

I am not a gamer myself but I read somewhere that the new South Park Game has a difficultly bar you can set to make the game easier or more difficult.

Apparently the only effect it has is that the more difficult you set it - the more black your character gets.

Never been into South Park too much - but that just tickled me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Saying openly on a thread on the topic that I have never been - and therefore never expect to be - sexually attracted to a woman of colon

I don't like them either - they're shíte :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,153 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I am not a gamer myself but I read somewhere that the new South Park Game has a difficultly bar you can set to make the game easier or more difficult.

Apparently the only effect it has is that the more difficult you set it - the more black your character gets.

Never been into South Park too much - but that just tickled me.

There's also a mission or item later in the game that you can only access if your character is black because Morgan Freeman wont give you the mission if you're white.

Advertisement