Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Here. Hare here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

You're cruising for a bruising now, Bones. Don't mess with a woman deprived of wine. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm sure he meant "Here, hare, hear!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Years ago I used to buy a family bag of sweets, tear open the packet, have a few and twist the top of the packet and stick them in the centre console of the car.

Now days when I tear the packet open (all brands) the tear migrates down the packet, if not immediately within a few sweet selections, and all the goodies fall out and have to be eaten there and then.

This, and my bad teeth/weight problem, have meant I have given up sweets.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

1. People with two Facebook accounts. Just close one of them!
    2. Couples with joint Facebook accounts.
    3. People who repeatedly deactivate their account.

TA for today - Facebook in general

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    People who translate their names into Irish on it too.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Alot of teachers do that to avoid their students
    I know someone who did that because he got a woman pregnant in Spain and didn't want anything to do with the child and didn't want the mother tracking him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who sign off their posts. Your name is right there beside it already, we know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Someone being an hour late to an agreed meeting. Yep, I've nothing better to do than hang out in this carpark for an hour waiting for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    "We're has the time gone?!"

- WHERE has your knowledge of basic f*cking English gone?!
    This! What is so difficult about there, their and they're? I get so distracted when reading posts and seeing 'I seen', 'There over their'.

Okay, I know my TA is very trivial, but I've run out of wine and am in a bitchy mood. :pac:
    You're cruising for a bruising now, Bones. Don't mess with a woman deprived of wine. :D

Hmm I'll be watching my grammar from now on :pac:

I think......its mostly good anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

In a similar vein the use of American spellings like tire, fiber, disk color etc.

Might be some excuse if you were a Yank, not edgy just illiterate.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

In a similar vein the use of American spellings like tire, fiber, disk color etc

Or the upward inflection that the Americans use at the end of nearly every sentence that makes everything they say sound like a question. It does my head in when I hear that. :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In a similar vein the use of American spellings like tire, fiber, disk color etc.

Might be some excuse if you were a Yank, not edgy just illiterate.

According too the hipsters Its cool too spell it the american way maaann :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

This! What is so difficult about there, their and they're? I get so distracted when reading posts and seeing 'I seen', 'There over their'.

Okay, I know my TA is very trivial, but I've run out of wine and am in a bitchy mood. :pac:

Or being instead of been. "I've never being good at grammar!"

I think what we're all trying to say is, people are really annoying bastards grrrr! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People saying "leave" when they mean "let".

I think what we're all trying to say is, people are really annoying bastards grrrr! :p:D

Especially people that won't let you test their new B.M.W Car after you offer nicely too do it :-P :pac:

Especially people that won't let you test their new B.M.W Car after you offer nicely too do it :-P

Please forgive my ingratitude Seph.
    Shall I crawl on all fours and make myself a foot rest for thee?... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'll give you a spin in mine Seph - assuming you can drive

(thinly veiled I have a BMW :pac:)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Please forgive my ingratitude Seph.
    Shall I crawl on all fours and make myself a foot rest for thee?... :D

Welllll....I suppose I'll forgive you this time :rolleyes:

:pac::pac::D
    - assuming you can drive

)

Too kind! Ohhhh ehhhh...sure I can....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Irish ads on Sky channels

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    Irish ads on Sky channels

You could flip that and say sky ads on Irish channels as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you try something new with your makeup and it just doesn’t pop like you thought it would

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dermatitis is back due to central heating and cold winds. A red peeling forehead is not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Starbucks (I know, I know...) I go to has two security guards. God knows why they have two. It's a cafe, not a bank. Anyway, they have two and they are always bloody well sitting in the best spot in the whole place, two lovely arm chairs just inside the door, nice & quiet & with a lovely view of the florist wares next door. If they aren't there, they are at the next table over, using the power socket there to charge their phones. When sitting there, they are right on top of whoever is in the arm chairs & it's all a bit uncomfortable. No way you could sit in a bit of peace & quiet, with them right on top of you, yakking away at the top of their voices

So am TA at them putting the 2 best spots in the whole place, basically out of commission. Ok, they are just doing their jobs & they are there all day long & standing for 8 hrs must be a bitch. They need a break. I get that. They also need to station themselves near the door to stop the local gurriers coming in & robbing the place blind. I get that too.

But am still TA'd at them hogging the 2 best seats in the whole place. All the other seats are v uncomfortable hard wood, or you are sitting under a loud speaker, or beside the tills or jacks & are fierce noisy. These two spots by the door are lovely, but I never get to enjoy them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Happy as I am at only working one day next week, I’m also slightly TA’d because there’s feck all money in it. Oh well, at least I’ll get Friday and Sunday off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Archeron

Farted in the car in the way home today (on my own) and it was an unexpected unexplained stinker. I opened all the windows and blew the whole thing out, but when I closed them it came back again. TA that I'm worried it will still be there tomorrow when I'm going to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who sign off their posts. Your name is right there beside it already, we know who you are.

Yeah, I don’t get that at all. They’re not composing a letter or email. It’s a messageboard and it’s an assumed name.

Archeron wrote: »
    Farted in the car in the way home today (on my own) and it was an unexpected unexplained stinker. I opened all the windows and blew the whole thing out, but when I closed them it came back again. TA that I'm worried it will still be there tomorrow when I'm going to work.

It could be lingering for days if it was particularly ripe - better get a few air fresheners just to be on the safe side.

Don't want people to think you're a walking gas barrel. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Archeron wrote:

Leave the car windows open all night.

It may result in other TA's, but the smell won't be one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

They should rename resealable packaging Pandora's Box, once it's open there is a chance you can get it closed again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement