Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The war on meat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fergalicious

*thinks of plants*

What now? :confused:

Start a religion for them? Anything goes these days.

• Site Banned Posts: 6 65cent

Its all bull ****, plenty of food/meat in Ireland and the developed world to feed the population, now Africa on the other hand has a population growth problem.
    I for one am not going to feel guilty over the unsustainable lifestyle choice of people half a world away on a different continent

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

World's population is set to top out at about 11Bn. No problem feeding them. Some agricultural activities may need to be moderated for climate change reasons.
    World pop isn't a reason to go vegan.

Your opinion is worth less than that.

Thats not a opinion, im stating a fact, i will continue to eat meat and won't feel guilty about it one little bit, if you or others wish to abstain, i wish you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

gozunda wrote: »
    "Vegetable rice and peas"? Is that your dinner?
    A vacuous video dump is the best you can do? Lol.

At no stage did I say i was a vegetarian/vegan but I have cut red meat out, all I'm saying or have been saying is that those who find the killing of animals when there are healthy alternatives that don t involve flesh have a point. I do my best to see the bigger picture and don t fall for the nonsense that extremists represent the majority. Most vegetarians just get on with it and don t go around thinking meat eaters are reprehensible savages. Chill.

• Advertisement

"...plenty of food/meat in Ireland and the developed world to feed the population..."

Which population? Now that you're stating facts. My stance on meat is fairly obvious from previous posts on this thread.

Irish population, i care not for the diet choices of people half a world away, if they want to feast on termites, best of luck to them, ill stick to beef

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Most vegetarians just get on with it and don t go around thinking meat eaters are reprehensible savages. Chill.

Most meat eaters dont think about vegetarians at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

65cent wrote: »

I assumed that was implicit in the point I made regarding vegetarians. Apologies.

Not a scientific sample but had a family wedding, over 200 guests. 3 vegetarians for meal, 2 in the extended family and the third a neighbour, all female. No vegan. That to me seems to be the reality of the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

65cent wrote: »

Many vegans dislike vegetarians even more than they dislike omnivores ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-vegans-dislike-vegetarians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I encourage vegans and vegetarians to continue their lifestyle, it leaves more meat for me.

Water John wrote: »
    Not a scientific sample but had a family wedding, over 200 guests. 3 vegetarians for meal, 2 in the extended family and the third a neighbour, all female. No vegan. That to me seems to be the reality of the numbers.

Some might be "being polite" - as I've seen myself in those "transferring" to vegetarianism- so maybe the actual total would be 10-15 veggies/vegans. i.e. people who would opt for a decent veggie dish if available.

Four-Eight out of 200 wouldn't be an unusual statistic at all. It will probably increase over the coming years, but not beyond 20% is my prediction.

The vegetarian option was on the menu. I give you facts and you construct your own false statistic out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The warning drugs are a far better band.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Most vegans dislike vegetarians even more than they dislike omnivores ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Is the confused face because you invented up something that is not true?

I know you like to stalk people who don't eat meat, which is flattering but you need to improve on your stalking to get to the facts :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Two of the nicest things in the world are a nice rare-cooked rib eye steak and a good bowl of mammy's stew!

Unearthly wrote: »
    Is the confused face because you invented up something that is not true?I know you like to stalk people who don't eat meat, which is flattering but you need to improve on your stalking to get to the facts :pac:

Its shrug emoji - but then you probably know that.

Time to leave the ad hominems at home comadre. And considering you are commenting on my post to someone else your 'stalking' has been noted

Btw you need to check out even some of the comments here by vegans concerning vegetarians...

[

Time to leave the ad hominems at home comadre. And considering you are commenting on my post to someone else your 'stalking' has been noted

Btw you need to check out some of the comments by vegans concerning vegertatiarians ...

Yes the vegetarian and vegan forum on here is notoriously hard for mods on here to manage with all the vegans fighting vegetarians

Fair enough sample size to prove you are a spoofer

The post you quoted is of one poster saying they feel vegetarians have more in common with omnivores than vegans. They did not say they hate vegetarians more than omnivores which is your original point. Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

For me, A well marbled medium rare fillet steak is one of life's perfect luxuries..

vegetarian meals (although excellent in some cases) do not compare.

Yes the vegetarian and vegan forum on here is notoriously hard for mods on here to manage with all the vegans fighting vegetarians. Fair enough sample size to prove you are a spoofer

You still 'stalking' (your words) lol. Btw that is just one example after bs allegation of 'spoofing' - but you know that. There's more btw - even if you don't like that. And yet you continue. Sad ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Tried some Linda McCartney rosemary and thyme sausages tonight.

Have to admit they were nice.

Wouldn't have them in a coddle however!

Still 'stalking' lol. Btw that is one example after your bs allegation of 'spoofing' - but you know that. There's more btw - even if you don't like that. And yet you continue ...

You still haven't shown me proof the 'majority' of vegans dislike vegetarians more than omnivores

You haven't even shown me 1

You are a bigger spoofer than Danny Healy Rae :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 8 marty.mc

Had steak, peas & chips for dinner, washed down with cold beer, i enjoyed it greatly, i must be infected with that toxic masculinity Gillette is warning us about.

You still haven't shown me proof the 'majority' of vegans dislike vegetarians more than omnivores You haven't even shown me 1You are a bigger spoofer than Danny Healy Rae :pac:

Unearthly give it up lol. Your 'stalking' and misquoting are showing your lack of basic comprehension. Bitter? And you till trying to derail the thread :D. Nope.

marty.mc wrote: »
    Had steak, peas & chips for dinner, washed down with cold beer, i enjoyed it greatly, i must be infected with that toxic masculinity Gillette is warning us about.

Good to hear of people enjoying their food. Too many sjw's on here beating themselves up tbh. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Our ancestors ate meat… and here we stand. Gorillas are vegetarian… and where are they?

I’ll tell you where? Left behind. Because they need to spend most of their day eating plants.

We are where we are because our ancestors ate meat. It means they didn’t have to spend large amount of their day eating. It means they had more time to develop. It’s simple biology. Meat is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Btw you need to check out some of the comments by vegans concerning vegetarians...
    eg
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108253277&postcount=69

That post is from 4 months ago. 4 months & you still have it in the back of your mind. I took you off ignore today to read some of your posts. Posting throughout the night and all day again today. You’re no farmer.

No one is that obsessed unless it’s their job to try to promote meat/dairy.

Or maybe you’re Piers Morgan.

Good night. No doubt you’ll be up all night again.

Some might be "being polite" - as I've seen myself in those "transferring" to vegetarianism- so maybe the actual total would be 10-15 veggies/vegans. i.e. people who would opt for a decent veggie dish if available.

Four-Eight out of 200 wouldn't be an unusual statistic at all. It will probably increase over the coming years, but not beyond 20% is my prediction.

I've seen the figure of between 1-2% on average of the population being vegetarian etc detailed as average. I would agree certainly others may opt for vegetarian food without being strict adherents or defining themselves as vegetarian ....

• Site Banned Posts: 8 marty.mc

Who is paying for all the vegan advertisements i'v seen in the last year around Dublin?
    Serious money is being spent

• Advertisement

Unearthly give it up lol. Your 'stalking' and misquoting are showing your lack of basic comprehension. Bitter? And you till trying to derail the thread :D. Nope.

As expected.

Can't back up your original point that most vegans dislike vegetarians more than omnivores

Advertisement