Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Ireland committing genocide?

Options

Comments

From yesterday's paper:
    Quote:
    Councillors' sadness at large number of young people leaving Donegal
    RETURNING EMIGRANTS FACE HUGE DIFFICULTIES ACCORDING TO COUNCILLORS

Councillors from the Glenties Municipal District have expressed their concern at the number of young people who have left their communities during the first two weeks in January.

The issue came to the fore during a discussion on ‘Returning Emigrants’ which was placed on the Municipal District Agenda by Sinn Féin Councillor Marie Therese Gallagher.

Cllr Gallagher said: “It is unbelievable the number of people who have left west Donegal in the past month. It’s frightening,” she said.
    Link

Quote:
    A Donegal TD is warning that small businesses will close and rural areas will be empty if the government doesn’t step in.

Deputy Thomas Pringle was speaking in the Dail where he challenged the Taoiseach to outline his plan to curb depopulation and increase local trade.

A recent survey conducted by Deputy Pringle revealed local businesses in Donegal are concerned about depopulation and the threatened closures of garda stations and post offices.

Deputy Pringle says unless the government deals with the issue, things will get worse
    Link

On the subject of immigration, especially into rural Ireland, 20 years ago I had a drink with 3 guys in a pub in the NW. 2 were from Algeria and the other guy was an Iraqi. The Algerians were fleeing the civil war, which by then had claimed 90,000 lives. They thought Irelandf was quiet and the people were nice to them, but there was nothing to do.

I saw a video made recently on youtube where a group of migrants were interviewed in a hotel lobby in Balahidreen. They all said the same thing, there was nothing to do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Once upon a time, Ireland was densely populated. Then we had the famine and the population in rural Ireland has been declining ever sinse...

The real issue is the incorrect spelling of the word since in the first line of opening post.
    Until this has been dealt with the spurious claim of genocide cannot be addressed in any meaningful way.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm not sure you understand what genocide is.

First thought that went through my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Evidence for deliberate depopulation in Ireland? (Not that you would ever provide any)

What you describe is not genocide, The Nazis killing 6 million jews, that was genocide.
    Presumably the word was inserted into the OP to catch people's attention. If so, it's an unfortunate choice - and has detracted from the topic the op wants to discuss. Just finished an account of Mathausen by a survivor. Hard reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Once upon a time, (............)to report this genocide to.

All that blather just to get that stefan molyneaux video in.

Tell me, do you have feelings for him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The hidden Culchie genocide is it? Alas one sniff of city living and they're away to run the government or become a landlord, pub or housing ;)
    I worked with a lad who owned a farm. It should be noted, I've never worked on a farm. He had a lad he paid to manage it while he worked in another field ;) in Dublin. He'd often get text alerts from others regarding the Garda dipping fuel from cars and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The problem with this country is not enough genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Once upon a time, Ireland was densely populated. Then we had the famine and the population in rural Ireland has been declining ever sinse.

Not to hard to find population statistics if you go looking.

Here is the population of the territory now comprising the Irish Republic from censuses taken over the last 175 years.

Year Population (in millions rounded to one decimal place)
    1841 6.5
    1851 5.1
    1861 4.4
    1871 4.1
    1881 3.9
    1891 3.5
    1901 3.2
    1911 3.1
    1926 3.0
    1936 3.0
    1946 3.0
    1951 3.0
    1956 2.9
    1961 2.8
    1966 2.9
    1971 3.0
    1981 3.4
    1986 3.5
    1991 3.5
    1996 3.6
    2002 3.9
    2006 4.2
    2011 4.6
    2016 4.8
    (Source www.cso.ie Central Statistics Office)

So although still nowhere near where it was in 1841, the population of the country as a whole has grown by nearly 70% in 55 years between 1961 and 2016.

Genocide, you say? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

The sheeple dont know or care to look at, the definition of genocide as laid out by the United Nations. It does not include only deliberate killing of the group. See parts a to e. Due to white guilt brainwash many dont consider a genocide of white people a crime at all. If there is a report of a genocide, real or propaganda, on the other side of the world, their is a false moral outcry backed up by the mainstream media, no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

The sheeple dont know or care to look at, the definition of genocide as laid out by the United Nations. It does not include only deliberate killing of the group. See parts a to e. Due to white guilt brainwash many dont consider a genocide of white people a crime at all. If there is a report of a genocide, real or propaganda, on the other side of the world, their is a false moral outcry backed up by the mainstream media, no doubt

What a load of sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Aw, did Mammy get you a Gillette shaving kit for Xmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What would companies want to go to the north west for? There's nothing there for them.

As someone just home from 18 months investigating war crimes in a country that was victim to another countrys attempted genocide, I find this thread disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Listening to the big boys on infowars again.

What a load of sh*te.

D. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group - abortion was fully endorsed by mainstream media in European countries and USA, the countries where white ppl live.
    C. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about it's destruction in whole OR IN PART - by higher birth rates of other races (Muslims obviously) and lack of abortions and constant immigration, whites must become a minority group and they do not even live in majority Muslim areas.Whites even move out from black areas in USA. See "white flight", do you not believe this happened?! Look into it. There will be large areas where white people will move out from and already have in USA, Britian and Germany, for example. There is also the fact that interracial couples cannot have children who are whites and a percentage of the population will cross racial boundaries, who are mixed and may be some shade of brown or look asian etc. It eventually DESTROYS all the races after many generations. Humanity becomes a mixed brown colour. That is not fiction and that is also a crime. Every race is important

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Once upon a time, Ireland was densely populated. Then we had the famine and the population in rural Ireland has been declining ever sinse. The reason for this decline is lack of investment. There are no rail services, motorways, broadband or gas pipelines providing subsidized gas to industry in Roscommon or Donegal. The electricty grid is inadequate for large scale industrialization, so is the institutional support necessary to cater for new industry. Because there is no investment in infrastructure in the north west, there is no infrasturcture in the north west. There is no adequate national planning and zoning for rural areas. This inadequacy seems to be a deliberate policy to provide corrupt officials with opportunities in exploitation.

Consequently there is nothing in the north west to recommend it to IDA backed companies for example. So the north west does not get promoted and it does not get big companies setting up, bringing thousands of jobs in direct employment and thousands more providing spin off support services to multinationals and their workforces. These worforces could be made up of thousands upon thousands of Donegal and Roscommon returning emigrants and their new familes.

Instead, Donegal and Roscommon get nothing but the sadness of seeing the last of their loved ones leave and the last village shop close its doors. This is genocide and replacing Donegal and Roscommon people with economic migrants from places other than Donegal and Roscommon in former hotels does not alter this fact.

Am I not correct?

I wonder if there is a Brics version of amnesty international to report this genocide to.

Drive through rural France or Germany and you’ll see it’s the standard development of western countries.
    I’m from amd live in rural Ireland, for years I thought as you that more and more
    Money should be poured in, but truth is it should just be let develop. Agriculture requires less labour, industry needs workers and they will be found in urban areas so it makes sense to base industrial areas there.

Donegal and Roscommon need to develop more tourist centric infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,575 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

D. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group - abortion was fully endorsed by mainstream media in European countries and USA, the countries where white ppl live.
    C. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about it's destruction in whole OR IN PART - by higher birth rates and lack of abortions and constant immigration, whites must become a minority group and they do not even live in majority Muslim areas. There will be large areas where white people will move out from and already have in Germany, for example. There is also the fact that interracial couples cannot have children who are whites and a percentage of the population will cross racial boundaries, who are mixed and may be some shade of brown or look asian etc.

Look at the crowd in Croke Park whenever Donegal or Roscommon are playing. You won't find much evidence for any of that.

bubblypop wrote: »
    As someone just home from 18 months investigating war crimes in a country that was victim to another countrys attempted genocide, I find this thread disgusting.

Palestine? There is a genocide ongoing for decades there. As for Africa, they are always at war with one another not helped by constant western aid creating a surge in birthrates, and, hence, population. Tensions happen due to the rising poverty and over crowding that our aid has actually contributed to!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Odhinn

C. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about it's destruction in whole OR IN PART - by higher birth rates and lack of abortions and constant immigration, whites must become a minority group and they do not even live in majority Muslim areas. There will be large areas where white people will move out from and already have in Germany, for example. There is also the fact that interracial couples cannot have children who are whites and a percentage of the population will cross racial boundaries, who are mixed and may be some shade of brown or look asian etc.

The horror, the horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

There should be some kind of award for posting the most incredibly insane post in After Hours because over the years there has been stiff competition but two genuine contenders today in one thread.

Others may mock you both but I say bravo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What would companies want to go to the north west for? There's nothing there for them.

Cheaper costs?
    A skilled workforce?
    Better quality of life?
    And contoversially...Grants?

Im from the nw, but living and working in dublin. I'd move back tomorrow (and id have an IT job to go back to) if i could persuade the wife.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

You keep using that word something something princess bride I don’t know look up the quote yourself.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What has the OP got against Sligo and Leitrim? Have they already been fully genocided and there's no hope for them any more or something? Seems odd to mention Roscommon and Donegal and ignore the two counties in between. Or one if you accept that Leitrim isn't a real place.

retalivity wrote: »
    Cheaper costs?
    A skilled workforce?
    Better quality of life?
    And contoversially...Grants?

Im from the nw, but living and working in dublin. I'd move back tomorrow (and id have an IT job to go back to) if i could persuade the wife.

What skilled workforce? Even you've left!

Zaph wrote: »
    What has the OP got against Sligo and Leitrim? Have they already been fully genocided and there's no hope for them any more or something? Seems odd to mention Roscommon and Donegal and ignore the two counties in between. Or one if you accept that Leitrim isn't a real place.

I was beginning to wonder if Leitrim was real until your last line. Now I know it's not and the the river drowse stops just outside bundoran and picks up across the border and that the 4 masters is just a story.

I'm glad we understand each other:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good old realitykeeper is back.

The ultimate conspiracy nut. Read back through some of their other nonsense on Boards.

This guy/girl watches too many crazy YouTube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

On the subject of immigration, especially into rural Ireland, 20 years ago I had a drink with 3 guys in a pub in the NW. 2 were from Algeria and the other guy was an Iraqi. The Algerians were fleeing the civil war, which by then had claimed 90,000 lives. They thought Irelandf was quiet and the people were nice to them, but there was nothing to do.

I saw a video made recently on youtube where a group of migrants were interviewed in a hotel lobby in Balahidreen. They all said the same thing, there was nothing to do.

Not sure what point you are making or it`s relevance.

Odhinn wrote: »
    All that blather just to get that stefan molyneaux video in.
    Someone mentioned Ireland 2040. Had they not done so, the Stefan Molyneaux link would not have been referenced.

The hidden Culchie genocide is it? Alas one sniff of city living and they're away to run the government or become a landlord, pub or housing ;)
    I worked with a lad who owned a farm. It should be noted, I've never worked on a farm. He had a lad he paid to manage it while he worked in another field ;) in Dublin. He'd often get text alerts from others regarding the Garda dipping fuel from cars and that.

No law abiding person would condone illegal activity. We would condemn bad government which spawns both rural and urban crime.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Good old realitykeeper is back.

The ultimate conspiracy nut. Read back through some of their other nonsense on Boards.

This guy/girl watches too many crazy YouTube videos.

A troll with staying power. An oxymoron, if you will.

Advertisement