Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Who was that woman with the big glasses who used to come on the Late Late Toy Show when Gaybo was presenting it demonstrating toys? Was it Roisin of roll it there Roisin fame?

Oh, yes. I remember her. No, I don't think it was Roisin or Colette. They would have been on the tech side, whereas the woman in the glasses was a researcher. She gets a mention in Gaybo's autobiography because she & other female researchers, he writes, opened his eyes to women's issues.
    Wait. Was it Pam?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Pam Collins?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Saw Frank Mcnamara in liffey valley last weekend playing piano & raising money for temple st, that was a blast from the past.

No Theresa Lowe though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Water John wrote: »
    Pam Collins?

who?

Oh, yes. I remember her. No, I don't think it was Roisin or Colette. They would have been on the tech side, whereas the woman in the glasses was a researcher. She gets a mention in Gaybo's autobiography because she & other female researchers, he writes, opened his eyes to women's issues.
    Wait. Was it Pam?

Gay was never a did a girl any harm, not a mad lad for the ladies. They were two assistants on at various times

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Wait. Was it Pam?
    Water John wrote: »
    Pam Collins?
    Pan Collins actually.
    who?

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/0205/765625-pan-collins-on-the-late-late-show/

I assume she has passed away by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Who was that woman with the big glasses who used to come on the Late Late Toy Show when Gaybo was presenting it demonstrating toys? Was it Roisin of roll it there Roisin fame?

This woman maybe? Mary o Sullivan. I think she was from Cork. Remember seeing her on Dublin Cork train one Friday evening back in the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Any know where Sinead Desmond is?
    Last I heard she left TV3 over the gender pay gap and enlisted the assistance of a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Clodagh Mc Kenna seemed to disappeared off the teli .Well until today when she popped up on Sunday Brunch and my god was she annoying .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

This woman maybe? Mary o Sullivan. I think she was from Cork. Remember seeing her on Dublin Cork train one Friday evening back in the 90s

Yes I think that was her alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Fergus Gibson the astrologer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

branie2 wrote: »
    Fergus Gibson the astrologer

At one stage in legal trouble for creative accounting.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The two lads who were with Baz on the reality/fly on the wall show about ten or twelve years ago when he first foisted himself upon us?
    I only remember it because he seemed to be on everything except the Angelus over the last month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The two lads who were with Baz on the reality/fly on the wall show about ten or twelve years ago when he first foisted himself upon us?
    I only remember it because he seemed to be on everything except the Angelus over the last month or so.

One of them (the straight one) was in Fair City for a while. The other works in a TV Production Company that makes TV ads (amongst other things).....or at least did.

Don't ask me how I know these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Was she married to Kevin linehan. Producer for euro vision. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

One if the lads was the guy on the Vodafone ads with rhr pet pig.
    He did a lot of other ad work before that I think

Never saw the gay lad again though.

Really enjoyed that series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Any know where Sinead Desmond is?
    Last I heard she left TV3 over the gender pay gap and enlisted the assistance of a solicitor.

And Aidan cooney seems to have disappeared. Jesus its like 1984 on that show. Colleagues disappear overnight and they pretend they don't exist. Sinead had a great body, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

judeboy101 wrote: »
    And Aidan cooney seems to have disappeared. Jesus its like 1984 on that show. Colleagues disappear overnight and they pretend they don't exist. Sinead had a great body, all the same.

He's on some Dublin Radio station - I heard him whilst flicking through the stations coming up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

is one of them one of the trio in Foil Arms and Hog?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Aidan Cooney was left go fairly abruptly. there was a bit of bruha about it at the time. Don't know if he was paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

dball wrote: »
    is one of them one of the trio in Foil Arms and Hog?

I wouldn't say so, I remember them being about the same age as Baz; the FAH lads would be at least 10 years younger than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,596 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He's no loss in fairness. His squinty eyes every time he read the autocue was very off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

He's no loss in fairness. His squinty eyes every time he read the autocue was very off-putting.
    I thought he was brilliant . He had a true interest in sport and wasn't just pretending to like the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Not being funny but where is Al Porter gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A bit like Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Fairly sure that he was in panto this christmas.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Fairly sure that he was in panto this christmas.

I think that was all lined up and they just dumped him right across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I think that was all lined up and they just dumped him right across the board.

Wasn't he replaced by Rory something or other?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wasn't he replaced by Rory something or other?

Yeh. Rory Cowan

Not sure if Alan kavanagh aka al porter was involved in the production/ writing of the panto but he def wasn’t on stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

And Aidan cooney seems to have disappeared. Jesus its like 1984 on that show. Colleagues disappear overnight and they pretend they don't exist.

I noticed that as well. Yer man Cagney and to a lesser extent Alan Hughes seem to run that show and everyone else is disposable.

Would hate to work with either of them.

Advertisement