Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair side. Did a tough workout and now I’m resting my poor legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

In my folks, watching rugby after visiting my new nephew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Dublin Airport T1 departures. About to board a flight to Frankfurt, and then on to Warsaw.

Bon Voyage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside sleepy headed
    wildwillow wrote: »
    I certainly take strength from your posts.

+1 for this

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Geneva airport; in transit for Malaga airport. €14 for a Coke and panini!!!

No snow on the ground either....

To the sun next:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am finishing off a spring clean. Knobs and knockers, the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Ah NG, I know you're going through a tough time but Grandeeod had good intentions and didn't mean to insult you. I'm guilty of wallowing myself at times but it really doesn't help you to feel any better.

It was indeed meant with the best of intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Northgirl, people who don't suffer as you do find it hard to undertand how you sometimes cannot cope, no matter what.
    I've had a lot of sorrow in my life, losing close family members and being on my own now. But I was always cherished and loved and really have no understanding how hard it is for you to bear how some of your family have treated you.

My mood drops and sometimes I lock myself away but I am a possitive person really and can talk myself into doing things and mix with people.

I'm self employed and have a home so don't have your problems with work colleagues and house mates. When I add everything up for you, I'm actually amazed how often you get the strength to bounce back and try again.

Telling you to cheer up is so counterproductive that it's hard to think anyone would say it. But mostly they are well meaning and have no clue how upsetting it can be to hear it.

I wish you well for your birthday and the new year. I hope you continue to show what a remarkable person you are, and continue the struggle to reach some kind of a satisfactory life.

I'm sorry but nobody has the monopoly on suffering. I've had some very dark months the last few months but I choose not to share everything I go through. It doesn't mean I have no idea what it feels like to be at your lowest ebb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I'm sorry but nobody has the monopoly on suffering. I've had some very dark months the last few months but I choose not to share everything I go through. It doesn't mean I have no idea what it feels like to be at your lowest ebb.

who mentioned monopoly?

i choose to post what i do and similarly you choose to post what you do.

That's our right.

I've personally never judged or tried to influence you only offered support if and when applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

northgirl wrote: »
    who mentioned monopoly?

i choose to post what i do and similarly you choose to post what you do.

That's our right.

I've personally never judged or tried to influence you only offered support if and when applicable.

I was responding to wildwillow who seems to think I don't understand and have never had a bad day in my life.

• Advertisement

I’m back armchair side after straightening my hair. Gonna try and finish my Erasmus report today so I can stop thinking about it. Not on the roster at work this week so if I get this done today I can chill for the week :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m back armchair side after straightening my hair. Gonna try and finish my Erasmus report today so I can stop thinking about it. Not on the roster at work this week so if I get this done today I can chill for the week :D

and play batman :pac:?

Northgirl, people who don't suffer as you do find it hard to undertand how you sometimes cannot cope, no matter what.
    I've had a lot of sorrow in my life, losing close family members and being on my own now. But I was always cherished and loved and really have no understanding how hard it is for you to bear how some of your family have treated you.

My mood drops and sometimes I lock myself away but I am a possitive person really and can talk myself into doing things and mix with people.

I'm self employed and have a home so don't have your problems with work colleagues and house mates. When I add everything up for you, I'm actually amazed how often you get the strength to bounce back and try again.

Telling you to cheer up is so counterproductive that it's hard to think anyone would say it. But mostly they are well meaning and have no clue how upsetting it can be to hear it.

I wish you well for your birthday and the new year. I hope you continue to show what a remarkable person you are, and continue the struggle to reach some kind of a satisfactory life.

Thank you for your post and even thought all these things are going on it's only when someone writes them out for you, you realise what you are actually doing.

I'm not presenting myself as someone with "a monopoly" on suffering. Everyone has something, relatively no-one escapes.

I'm continually told I'm one of the strongest people they know but I don't feel it but this is a lifelong battle and battled I have, every damned day.

NONE of this is self-pity. Thanks so much for your understanding wildwillow. I hope you too are doing well.

I certainly won't being changing who I am or what I post to suit the tastes of posters that recklessly pass judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My life is a perpetual sh1tshow :D sometimes there’s nothing for it only put on your wellies and plough through it regardless. We all hurt we all over react we all laugh at inappropriate things we all feel things differently, I like this thread because like good ole Marilyn Monroe does say on Facebook, if yezzer can’t deal with me at my worst you don’t deserve me at my best, and I would hate anyone missing out on me at my foul mouthed sarcastic and melodramatic best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Any more love for me old bruised balls?

:D

You have milked them enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine! :D

and play batman :pac:?

Of course, I wanna get it finished before I go back to college :pac:

@Grandeeod

Oh thanks so much. Yes I must pull myself right out of this self pity that a complete stranger has diagnosed.

Yes, you have a clue of what I've been through for most of my life and how is drastically gone downhill since then.

Maybe you'd be happier if I didn't post at all anymore. If I don't then maybe I won't be around. Maybe THAT will make you happier BABE.

By the way think before you post. If you must know I am in a very low place and your words have made a difficult weekend even more so. I don't need sympathy but I don't need or deserve your judgement either.

This is completely out of context to what I posted last night. I can't let this go without explaining myself despite really believing that I shouldn't have to. It was a genuine attempt to cheer you up and you have taken it as an insult and way beyond its intention. I never even suggested that I'd be happier if you didn't post here anymore.
    I certainly won't being changing who I am or what I post to suit the tastes of posters that recklessly pass judgement.

I assume this is directed at me. I never asked you to post here to suit my tastes and I certainly didn't recklessly pass judgement. I wasn't judging you at all. I was simply trying to cheer you up. Nothing more than that. No judging, no malice intent. Nothing but an innocent attempt to cheer someone up.

That sounded painful alright. Nothing worse than damaging the oul balls. I had a bad experience with a harness once and it was all captured on video. Thankfully it was pre internet days and the tape was wiped. I cried with the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Am finishing off a spring clean. Knobs and knockers, the lot.

I have all the utensils in for a spring clean just waiting on the energy :)

Dog keeps farting, fùckin disgusting she is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

La.de.da wrote: »
    I have all the utensils in for a spring clean just waiting on the energy :)

Dog keeps farting, fùckin disgusting she is :o

That's not the dog, that's gifted :D

Somewhere in the south east :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Maybe you'd be happier if I didn't post at all anymore. If I don't then maybe I won't be around. Maybe THAT will make you happier BABE.

Sorry but what a monumental overreaction, not to mention a grossly unfair reply to someone whose comment read as nothing more than some light hearted advice.

I’m in the queue for the self service in super value. There’s a mouth breather behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Calling gifted

Someone needs a hand drop and you're the best man for the job :D

Sorry but what a monumental overreaction, not to mention a grossly unfair reply to someone whose comment read as nothing more than some light hearted advice.

I’m in the queue for the self service in super value. There’s a mouth breather behind me.

Yeah people breathe..

Sorry? I think not.

Glad I know who's on here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Cooking and drinkin' happy mondays playing in the background. Sh*ts starting to smell good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

On my way to Harry’s :D

Now that would be an entertaining dinner!

Make love, not war people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Cooking and drinkin' happy mondays playing in the background. Sh*ts starting to smell good.

Just don't step on the cooker harry.. :D

• Advertisement

Edward M wrote: »
    A Girlie fight, yeah I'm up for that. :)
    NG, you're great, keep letting out how you feel, a trouble shared is a trouble halved.
    Succ, I know your and GDs posts are meant in the best way too.
    Let's all try to support who's on here, it's a great bunch really.

That's all I ever intended. We ALL have enough going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement