Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Sorry to hear of your troubles too Grace, thoughts and prayers are with you.

Heading out to do some chores, have a nephews young lad here with me, a 4 year old mad to feed animals and mess about.
    Have promised him we'd watch his dvd, don't know what it is, after we've finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In bed with a phantom hangover.
    I only wish it was a real hangover but no booze has passed these lips since the start of the year of our Lord 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading for mass and meeting up with some of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Shoes, my eldest daughter is going to Amsterdam with her friend next week. I'm trying not to think of what she'll get up to :o she's my child :D

Graces I hope you're ok (((hugs)))

Shpud, there's no right wrong or normal way to grieve, just your way. Keep talking, to us to your family and anyone that'll listen. You're stronger than you realise. :heart:
    When my dad died, I went into hyper control mode, I must have made ten thousand sandwiches and greeted every person that came to say farewell at the house. I decided I was going to be strong. Being the only girl I wasn't going to be a gloopy mess (i have 6 brothers all very strong people too) even my ex husband commented on my lack of tears.. Fast forward 2 weeks later I started getting ill, pain and aches them fever, I thought it was the flu until a rash stared on my legs, Holy fcuk the pain. I was admitted to hospital for a week, erythema nodosum. Brought on by extreme stress. Took 3 days and numerous blood tests before they found it out. Funny thing is, the bed I was put in, in the ward was directly opposite the private room my dad had, the one he died in. I always think he was having a great laugh and one of his last lessons to me, I do not control,
    Since then I've learned to go with the flow

I'm in my bed with a coffee.. reliving and reminiscing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Grace so sorry to hear your news, we are all here if you ever need to talk/vent or whatever :)

Spud as others have said you are stronger than you realise (hugs)

Bedside

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back from a run, bit of breakfast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭islanderre

Dublin Airport.... Heading to Malaga for work purposes.
    Taking the scenic route via Geneva!!!

Airport is buzzing as usual; great vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Hey Northgirl. No need for self pity babe! Seriously it is so not worth it. I've been down that self pity road and it's a ****ty road full of potholes and ****. It can be so much better babes. Come out and shine bright darling!

@Grandeeod

Oh thanks so much. Yes I must pull myself right out of this self pity that a complete stranger has diagnosed.

Yes, you have a clue of what I've been through for most of my life and how is drastically gone downhill since then.

Maybe you'd be happier if I didn't post at all anymore. If I don't then maybe I won't be around. Maybe THAT will make you happier BABE.

By the way think before you post. If you must know I am in a very low place and your words have made a difficult weekend even more so. I don't need sympathy but I don't need or deserve your judgement either.

Just got a text re. an "unexpected" death of someone I see most days and spoke to Tuesday night, just someone I knew not a close friend but a very nice person, wondering how the family are if I feel shocked as an outsider.. You just never know lads, life is strange.

• Advertisement

Just got a text re. an "unexpected" death of someone I see most days and spoke to Tuesday night, just someone I knew not a close friend but a very nice person, wondering how the family are if I feel shocked as an outsider.. You just never know lads, life is strange.

Sorry for your loss Duvet Day. It doesn't matter if you hardly knew them. It must be very shocking. x

northgirl wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss Duvet Day. It doesn't matter if you hardly knew them. It must be very shocking. x

Im grand NG (don't mean that in a bad way).. Its just the fact that people's lives can change in an instant, its heartbreaking when you think about it.. Anyway we won't dwell on it.. I'm getting up, going shopping, doing a quick lunch and going to the beach for a walk.. Have a good day lads.

Just got rid of trouble, had to go for a drive on the tractor, a ride on Sylvester (the horse) with me holding the reins of course, play with the dog, watch a dvd cartoon called Coco, and eat Coco pops while singing along to the tunes on the dvd.
    A great mornings craic, I'm off for a walk now.

Im grand NG (don't mean that in a bad way).. Its just the fact that people's lives can change in an instant, its heartbreaking when you think about it.. Anyway we won't dwell on it.. I'm getting up, going shopping, doing a quick lunch and going to the beach for a walk.. Have a good day lads.

Was meant to be helpful. Enjoy your day out.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bring us back something nice :3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dublin Airport T1 departures. About to board a flight to Frankfurt, and then on to Warsaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

@Grandeeod

Oh thanks so much. Yes I must pull myself right out of this self pity that a complete stranger has diagnosed.

Yes, you have a clue of what I've been through for most of my life and how is drastically gone downhill since then.

Maybe you'd be happier if I didn't post at all anymore. If I don't then maybe I won't be around. Maybe THAT will make you happier BABE.

By the way think before you post. If you must know I am in a very low place and your words have made a difficult weekend even more so. I don't need sympathy but I don't need or deserve your judgement either.

Ah NG, I know you're going through a tough time but Grandeeod had good intentions and didn't mean to insult you. I'm guilty of wallowing myself at times but it really doesn't help you to feel any better.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Ah NG, I know you're going through a tough time but Grandeeod had good intentions and didn't mean to insult you. I'm guilty of wallowing myself at times but it really doesn't help you to feel any better.

I am NOT wallowing.

What you do is your own business and I don't judge you for it. Or anyone else for that matter.

I'm not going to comment again on the other poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m in bed and hurt everywhere. Everywhere. Even my ankle feels like I twisted it just from leaning it against hot water bottle all night. I definitely think witjoutba doubt drinking makes my arthritis ten times worse. It’s totally manageable when I’m not drinking

A Girlie fight, yeah I'm up for that. :)
    NG, you're great, keep letting out how you feel, a trouble shared is a trouble halved.
    Succ, I know your and GDs posts are meant in the best way too.
    Let's all try to support who's on here, it's a great bunch really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Roadtrip time :) You never know where I could end up ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Perched at the kitchen counter after a plate of boxty and sausages. Get in my belly! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Not spending the day in my pjs with a pile of books as planned. A series of events - including a broken fence, lost sheep, a cousin too hungover to look after his own livestock, and an hour spent on the back of a quad roaming the mountains of south Wicklow - mean that I am in my uncle's house, waiting for food and listening my uncle and granda rehashing the McCarthy/Keane Saipan incident for roughly the 7,000th time. Ah, family.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from the village, very mild out for January.
    a plate of boxty and sausages. Get in my belly! :p:D

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    rehashing the McCarthy/Keane Saipan incident for roughly the 7,000th time. Ah, family.

And ehhh which side are you on? mcCarthy or Keane hmmm :3 :pac:?

And ehhh which side are you on? mcCarthy or Keane hmmm :3 :pac:?

Im definitely Keane.. Also I definitely would. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Sitting on the bed, paralysed with the Sunday fear after a week off. GP offered me a cert with no questions asked for tomorrow if it all gets too much but that will make everything worse in the long run. Ugh. Hate hate hate this feeling.

I'm on the couch watching Chilling Adventures of Sabrina :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m dying :( not hungover but puke city. Probably because it was methotrexate night last night and of course I was drinking but not enough to be drunk. The thoughts of standing up is making me queasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I am NOT wallowing.

What you do is your own business and I don't judge you for it. Or anyone else for that matter.

I'm not going to comment again on the other poster.

Northgirl, people who don't suffer as you do find it hard to undertand how you sometimes cannot cope, no matter what.
    I've had a lot of sorrow in my life, losing close family members and being on my own now. But I was always cherished and loved and really have no understanding how hard it is for you to bear how some of your family have treated you.

My mood drops and sometimes I lock myself away but I am a possitive person really and can talk myself into doing things and mix with people.

I'm self employed and have a home so don't have your problems with work colleagues and house mates. When I add everything up for you, I'm actually amazed how often you get the strength to bounce back and try again.

Telling you to cheer up is so counterproductive that it's hard to think anyone would say it. But mostly they are well meaning and have no clue how upsetting it can be to hear it.

I wish you well for your birthday and the new year. I hope you continue to show what a remarkable person you are, and continue the struggle to reach some kind of a satisfactory life.
    I certainly take strength from your posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement