Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Here we go again! Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

Thanks for the link! Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Actually this is just for DPER.

Was half asleep reading it earlier.

Maybe a mod can change the thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Whatchemean

mdwexford wrote: »
    Actually this is just for DPER.

Was half asleep reading it earlier.

Maybe a mod can change the thread title.

DPER is just the authority over it, it seems to be the new nationwide competition (except Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Currently on a panel for a CO position, am I right in thinking the 2 years service doesn't apply to open competitions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Currently on a panel for a CO position, am I right in thinking the 2 years service doesn't apply to open competitions?

Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Awaiting a position from the CO com
    Def gunna apply for this
    Will this be a year long process aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ctb2390

Anybody know the starting salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Ctb2390 wrote: »
    Anybody know the starting salary?
    €29,609, scale is in the information booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Video interviews (guideline notes)? Is that a new thing to EO campaigns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Video interviews (guideline notes)? Is that a new thing to EO campaigns?

Hopefully not!!!! I did one before and got so distracted by trying to focus camera and then my sound was off! I nearly had my head stuck in my laptop to hear my answers to the questions.

I know having to travel to Dublin can be a pain for some, but I would take it any day over a video interview! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hopefully not!!!! I did one before and got so distracted by trying to focus camera and then my sound was off! I nearly had my head stuck in my laptop to hear my answers to the questions.

I know having to travel to Dublin can be a pain for some, but I would take it any day over a video interview! 😂

Yes. Same here. Did one before and was traumatised after it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Yes. Same here. Did one before and was traumatised after it lol

Same did one and stared at two ppls shoulders for forty mins

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

I’m going to give this a go. Didn’t make it to stage 2 in the previous nationwide comp so hopefully will fair better this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 searlasod89

I'm currently working for NICS but think I'm going to give this one a go. Noticed in the booklet it said that candidates should be aware that not all locations will have roles - I was considering applying for Meath or Louth but wondering if it would be better for me to apply somewhere like Galway or somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

I'm currently working for NICS but think I'm going to give this one a go. Noticed in the booklet it said that candidates should be aware that not all locations will have roles - I was considering applying for Meath or Louth but wondering if it would be better for me to apply somewhere like Galway or somewhere else?

I posted on the EO 2016 thread just now asking how far they recruited from the Galway panel. I was on the list for Galway but my second choice county came up and I took that. Will probably reapply this campaign just to get back to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

How do they feel about people going for EO when they are waiting to start as a CO ?

Does it make any difference to anyone or is it frowned upon ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

I selected Cork as my preferred job location in the last EO comp. Towards the end of that campaign I rang public jobs and was surprised to be told me that they called very little to the next stage of the selection process in Cork. I’ve not applied yet for this competition but I wonder do you get to select two location preferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Yes you can choose two locations for this one also. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Rikand wrote: »
    How do they feel about people going for EO when they are waiting to start as a CO ?

Makes no difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Makes no difference, I applied for EO 2016 while on co panel list. Took co when it came up and got EO right months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭336699

It doesn’t matter as they are separate competitions, you can apply for as many as you like.

I was going to type that Crunchymomma will reply to you but she beat me to it.

Best of luck with this campaign if you do apply and the CO campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Hi,

My sister was going to apply but was unsure if she met the requirements. She had a diploma in computer science from carlow 3 years full time, it was Ncea, does anyone know or understand what fetac level this would be. She has tons of management experience etc etc etc.

Any help
    Thanks Fergald

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

think that might be a level 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5 livetelevision

what kind of work do EOs do outside of Dublin if all the main departments are there?

Not all the main departments are in Dublin. Huge amounts of other lines of business outside Dublin.

does the recuitment drive include posts in local councils?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

does the recuitment drive include posts in local councils?

No Civil Service only

fergald wrote: »
    Not all the main departments are in Dublin. Huge amounts of other lines of business outside Dublin.

Is there anywhere that gives a comprehensive list of departments and agencies? Knowing this will guide my choice for what counties i choose in my application. The roles could presumably be very different depending on the choices made.

• Advertisement

You would have to check what departments are based where. The thing is you never know what area you get posted too anyway. You are on a panel and if a position arises you get it.

Advertisement