Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

What way does that work ? How much N, P or K is in a tonne of meal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

What way does that work ? How much N, P or K is in a tonne of meal ?

N is protein so crude protein / 6.25 will give you the N content. P and K are ingredient dependent

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

I'm in year 3 at the moment. I got a bill for "professional services with regard to annual glas support for 2018" of €375 which is ~10% of my total yearly payment.
    I've had no contact with the planner since October 2017 when I did the GLAS one day course!!!
    Last year the equivalent fee was €295.

Before I contacted them I wanted to check if others get such a bill? Is there work that the planner is doing in the background in years 2,3,4 etc that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

ChewyLuey wrote: »
    I'm in year 3 at the moment. I got a bill for "professional services with regard to annual glas support for 2018" of €375 which is ~10% of my total yearly payment.
    I've had no contact with the planner since October 2017 when I did the GLAS one day course!!!

Before I contacted them I wanted to check if others get such a bill? Is there work that the planner is doing in the background in years 2,3,4 etc that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

I got a more reasonable bill recently for glas “maintenance fee” €160 . I’m a few years into it as well and aren’t aware of any work they did though. Coincidentally, i’d to do the glas training course this year for which the advisor had to cut us a cheque for doing, for more or less the exact same amount. Have paid them for nutrient plans etc in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

What number did lads ring when enquiring about late payment guys? Anyone have it handy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

I got a more reasonable bill recently for glas “maintenance fee” €160 . I’m a few years into it as well and aren’t aware of any work they did though. Coincidentally, i’d to do the glas training course this year for which the advisor had to cut us a cheque for doing, for more or less the exact same amount. Have paid them for nutrient plans etc in previous years

Thanks for the reply. Just to get a gauge, what % would €160 roughly be of your total payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Are they still getting money direct from the department too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Sami23

ChewyLuey wrote: »

Thanks

Very interested to hear responses to this myself as I'm in Glas 3 and so far have only paid my planner for initially doing up the plan and then for the Nutrient Management plan.
    I'm not aware of any other work they need to do year on year but am open to correction here.

Possibly need to update the NMP near the end of the scheme ?
    I just fill in the record book for each year myself.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    What number did lads ring when enquiring about late payment guys? Anyone have it handy?

Cancel that. Eventually tracked the problem down to a IT issue in Watford. For some reason the system is not recognising multiple commonage parcels! They dont know why. It's been logged and passed to the IT guys apparently. The lady I was onto in wexford was fairly sound tbf not like the pig of a man in cavan i rang first.

Cancel that. Eventually tracked the problem down to a IT issue in Watford. For some reason the system is not recognising multiple commonage parcels! They dont know why. It's been logged and passed to the IT guys apparently. The lady I was onto in wexford was fairly sound tbf not like the pig of a man in cavan i rang first.

Waterford i hope

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    Waterford i hope

Wexford! Dame spell check on the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FLC

Mine is showing on agfood. It’s also showing an admin penalty/overpayment of -€320 or 10%. Anyone ever come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kerrysoul

Ring the no. below first thing tomorrow morning and demand an explanation!
    076 106 4451

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

After getting text there now.for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭anfieldrd

Received money in may and mid November, when is the balance due to be paid does anyone know? In year 3 of glas, and looking on ag food, payment dates are changing every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I'm not sure on that one tbh but I doubt you can walk away without penalty. A bit like brexit.

What measures are you useing that are costing you all this money if you don't mind me asking Q?

You can’t leave unless you pay money back. No money received yet for this year despite completing all requirements post inspection almost a month ago. It really is not worth it for me at this point.

Qprmeath wrote: »
    You can’t leave unless you pay money back. No money received yet for this year despite completing all requirements post inspection almost a month ago. It really is not worth it for me at this point.

hang in there, you might drink it sweet before Christmas yet!

hang in there, you might drink it sweet before Christmas yet!

Them Department lads should be back soon from their Christmas holidays I might have it for Easter

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Them Department lads should be back soon from their Christmas holidays I might have it for Easter

It’s approved but they’ve no idea when I’ll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Reminder - wild bird cover can be grazed from Friday the 15th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,231 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Mine are looking over the wire at it, with longing eyes. Iv'e told them, it's only a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

What year glas finished for tier 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

I think we are in it from start, 3 and a half years now so its due to end Dec 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Glas planner told me last week that there is talk of extending glas1 by another year

Probably because they wont have anything to replace it
    It'll be optional I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Is it a bag and a half 18-6-12 or 2 and a half of 10-10-20 for permanent pasture?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

I says wrote: »
    Is it a bag and a half 18-6-12 or 2 and a half of 10-10-20 for permanent pasture?
    Depends on your soil sample results. Should be in your NMP.

I says wrote: »

At our Glas training we were told 1.75 bags of 18-6-12

• Advertisement

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Depends on your soil sample results. Should be in your NMP.

Soil sample results have no bearing on it. Per the T&C's you are only allowed a set amount of N & K no matter what soil index you have.

Advertisement