Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

Sami23 wrote: »
    Soil sample results have no bearing on it. Per the T&C's you are only allowed a set amount of N & K no matter what soil index you have.
    Your wrong here if the soil sample result shows index 4 for P then no chemical P can be applied to that soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Soil sample results have no bearing on it. Per the T&C's you are only allowed a set amount of N & K no matter what soil index you have.
    Correct - maximum chemical N is 40kg/h annually. Lime if applied is in accordance with soil sample results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Sami23

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Your wrong here if the soil sample result shows index 4 for P then no chemical P can be applied to that soil.

Fair enough I didn't know that and I don't think I'll ever get mine to index 4 either. I'd be happy if could get to index 3. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

The original question from "I Say" was what quantity of 18-6-12 or 10-10-20 could be applied both of these contain P so the soil results will determine what quantity of these can be applied. N and K are not dependent on soil results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    The original question from "I Say" was what quantity of 18-6-12 or 10-10-20 could be applied both of these contain P so the soil results will determine what quantity of these can be applied. N and K are not dependent on soil results.

Getting 10-10-20 and spreading today.Thats the lipp covered rest of the place will get the same and put out urea earlier this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Sami23

I says wrote: »
    Getting 10-10-20 and spreading today.Thats the lipp covered rest of the place will get the same and put out urea earlier this week

So how much 10-10-20 did you end up putting on the lipp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

So how much 10-10-20 did you end up putting on the lipp

Just over 2 bags to acre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just a wee bit of new info for GLAS farmers, wildbird cover down on ANC lands aren't eligible for ANC payments anymore.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/disadvantaged-money-cut-by-wild-bird-cover-451484

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Just a wee bit of new info for GLAS farmers, wildbird cover down on ANC lands aren't eligible for ANC payments anymore.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/disadvantaged-money-cut-by-wild-bird-cover-451484

Think thats the journal making headlines. This has been the case since day 1, not news.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,274 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You're not confusing BFP with ANC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

No! You can draw your entitlements on bird cover. Its a tillage crop, tillage parcels cant claim the anc .

Im just going off the headline too, cant read article.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Was this not brought up at the beginning of the glas scheme and wbc was allowed for anc. Anyway I read my anc booklet they sent out last week and wbc is eligible in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,274 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Clarification here says WBC will remain eligible for ANC.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/ifa-clarifies-anc-and-wild-bird-cover-concerns/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

will everyone in GLAS get one inspection during the 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭High bike

Jesus don't mention the war

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just a reminder to those who have WBC as part of their GLAS actions to order your seed supply. I phoned my supplier during the week to order seed oats and linseed and they said that they had lots of seed barley in stock but no oat seed. They are going to source oat seed from one of their other branches. We prefer to sow oats as it grows better than barley on our farm.

Also for those who have THM (we don't) the closing date for meadows is this Monday the 15th of April, i.e. grazing cannot take place after that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Saw a couple of birds this morning that appear to be ground nesting - they would remind you of a small seagull with a long curved beak. Any ideas? I've trawled through a book of birds but cannot see anything like them. At least seeing as I'm in GLAS they will get a chance to rear their chicks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

KatyMac wrote: »
    Saw a couple of birds this morning that appear to be ground nesting - they would remind you of a small seagull with a long curved beak. Any ideas? I've trawled through a book of birds but cannot see anything like them. At least seeing as I'm in GLAS they will get a chance to rear their chicks.

Plover?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

blue5000 wrote: »
    Plover?

I've just googled plovers and the pics online seem to be a bit blacker than what I seen, but the general shape/size looks about right. Thanks Blue! Next question is if they are worth anything extra like hawks and corncrakes!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Are they curlews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Or a whimbrel? They confused me mightily before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Or a whimbrel? They confused me mightily before!

Passage migration of whimbrel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

If anything like GLAS ever comes up again avoid like the plague.
    They are trying to throw me out of it because my catch crop didn’t grow well enough. Despite the fact it was the driest year on record and I live in the driest part of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Qprmeath wrote: »
    If anything like GLAS ever comes up again avoid like the plague.
    They are trying to throw me out of it because my catch crop didn’t grow well enough. Despite the fact it was the driest year on record and I live in the driest part of the country.

Planner told me recently they are thinking of extending glas1 for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Planner told me recently they are thinking of extending glas1 for another year

A neighbour of ours put in wbc as part of their reps or aeos anyway the birds are the seed before it had a chance to grow, anyway they lost a good chunk because of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

ganmo wrote: »
    A neighbour of ours put in wbc as part of their reps or aeos anyway the birds are the seed before it had a chance to grow, anyway they lost a good chunk because of it

Not much wbc here twite mostly

ganmo wrote: »

I had my inspection roughly a month after sowing catch crop, a month with no rain. But when the rain did arrive I got a good cover on it. Neighbouring farmer grazed sheep on it for 3 months when allowed so it can’t have been too bad. I’m being thrown out completely with clawback because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I had my inspection roughly a month after sowing catch crop, a month with no rain. But when the rain did arrive I got a good cover on it. Neighbouring farmer grazed sheep on it for 3 months when allowed so it can’t have been too bad. I’m being thrown out completely with clawback because of this.

Are they clawing back just the money paid out on wbc or the entire glas payment

20silkcut wrote: »
    Are they clawing back just the money paid out on wbc or the entire glas payment

Entire payment for 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 manno

Surely the claw back should be just for the affected action? I know of people who have had money taken off them but not the entire payment

Advertisement