Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

manno wrote: »
    Surely the claw back should be just for the affected action? I know of people who have had money taken off them but not the entire payment

I’m awaiting clarification but as my catch crop is considered as a primary action the penalty is to be thrown out of the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I’m awaiting clarification but as my catch crop is considered as a primary action the penalty is to be thrown out of the scheme.

maybe i,m naive but i,de like to think if you can get your self a good agent/planner you would be successful on a appeal against being thrown out.
    would have always thought one would need to be a absolute rogue for such a sanction from department???

not judging you at all by saying that as i know if they landed here in the morning i could be in hot water too for the odd thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

I got fcuked out over incorrect filling out of forms last year the big purge at the time.
    I appealed and got back in I lost the payment on the bit I messed up on for the year. Other than that they wanted all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Entire payment for 3 years.

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Entire payment for 3 years.

Jaysus what’s that 12 k odd??

That’s a load of bollocks

A real balls of a scheme that’s a real sickener.
    Gods honest truth my crop didn’t take off last year either sowed it in late May the drought killed it. Just pure luck I wasn’t inspected. And it cost me 500 quid plus to till and sow it. And it’s a right good field if I had it in grass it would produce 120 bales a year. To think that that they would claw back the entire payment that’s just the pits what a load of ****e.
    Better off out of it. Sometimes I wonder would ya be just better off just set the entire place and to hell with it. Let someone else have the worry of it.

• Advertisement

I will appeal which will cost me more money. Have an excellent planner. It already cost me over a grand to sow the catch crop. Confirmation of sanction this morning 6 months after inspection. Land long since ploughed so nothing to show. Should have photographed crop when it eventually did grow. But as I heard nothing presumed it was ok.
    20silkcut wrote: »
    Jaysus what’s that 12 k odd??

That’s a load of bollocks

A real balls of a scheme that’s a real sickener.
    Gods honest truth my crop didn’t take off last year either sowed it in late May the drought killed it. Just pure luck I wasn’t inspected. And it cost me 500 quid plus to till and sow it. And it’s a right good field if I had it in grass it would produce 120 bales a year. To think that that they would claw back the entire payment that’s just the pits what a load of ****e.
    Better off out of it. Sometimes I wonder would ya be just better off just set the entire place and to hell with it. Let someone else have the worry of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭leoch

Does everyone get an inspection when in glas or just a select few

leoch wrote: »
    Does everyone get an inspection when in glas or just a select few

Not sure but from anecdotal evidence I’d expect everyone to get one at some point over the 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Did everyone or anyone get the 15% balance of 2018 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

sonnybill wrote: »
    Did everyone or anyone get the 15% balance of 2018 ?
    It was paid on the 22nd of May last year so I presume it will be around the same time this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

What is closing date to have WBC sown by and can you spray off last years thrash with roundup? Usually just plough it down but weeds are getting worse year on year.

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    What is closing date to have WBC sown by and can you spray off last years thrash with roundup? Usually just plough it down but weeds are getting worse year on year.
    The closing date for sowing WBC is the 31st of May and pre sowing weed control can be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Is Balancing payment of 15% showing up on Agfood for anyone yet? Payments announced yesterday by Minister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Is Balancing payment of 15% showing up on Agfood for anyone yet? Payments announced yesterday by Minister

No not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

No not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭High bike

Nothing here either , was the end of May last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

What is criteria for whether you can top ground if in Glas?,does it depend on the category of grazing it is or are you not allowed touch any ground till after a certain date?

How does it work if ground needs to be cleaned off before being taken up for Silage?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What is criteria for whether you can top ground if in Glas?,does it depend on the category of grazing it is or are you not allowed touch any ground till after a certain date?

How does it work if ground needs to be cleaned off before being taken up for Silage?

LIPP and trad hay meadow can't be cut before 15 of july. But if you have other grassland outside those areas they can be topped.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

blue5000 wrote: »
    LIPP and trad hay meadow can't be cut before 15 of july. But if you have other grassland outside those areas they can be topped.

LIPP cant be topped between 15th March and 15th July.
    Traditional hay meadow cannot be cut until after July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

tanko wrote: »
    LIPP cant be topped between 15th March and 15th July.
    Traditional hay meadow cannot be cut until after July 1st.

LIPP can be topped after July 1st
    Wasn’t that amended after tranche 3

• Advertisement

Yes it was changed in 2017 to allow topping of lipp from the 1st of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Does it matter which Glas you are in?

Does it matter which Glas you are in?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Oh right, must have been looking at the old spec.

High bike wrote: »
    Nothing here either , was the end of May last year

Anyone having it showing on agfood ?

sonnybill wrote: »
    Anyone having it showing on agfood ?
    It is showing in Amounts Due tab in Financial Self Services - €750.03 dated today. Probably will not be in the bank account until Tuesday.

Base price wrote: »
    It is showing in Amounts Due tab in Financial Self Services - €750.03 dated today. Probably will not be in the bank account until Tuesday.

I see it there now that’s great thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kerrysoul

The Glas balancing payment is up on agfood so it should hit the bank by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭High bike

Same here now,3 weeks earlier than last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Looking for some advice
    Hope to do the WBC this week as ground has dried.
    There is a bit of rush in places 4-6” high
    I was intending to use pin harrow & sow
    Would there be any problems with oat & mustard seed uptake?

Or Should I spray off & put off harrowing until next week?

What would you do?

Advertisement