Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Birdnuts wrote: »
    In fairness it doesn't sound like you killed yourself for the 5k. Highlights really many of the schemes failings:(. We badly need "results based" measures instead of nonsense like hanging ornaments from trees etc.:rolleyes:

5k is the max for glas+ which is commonage farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

ganmo wrote: »
    Actually €5000 is the max GLAS payment, GLAS+ qualifies for an additional €2000 if you have more than one of the 5 PEA's (priority environmental asset) - commonage, farmland birds, rare breeds, high status water site and farmland habitat (Natura).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    Actually €5000 is the max GLAS payment, GLAS+ qualifies for an additional €2000 if you have more than one of the 5 PEA's (priority environmental asset) - commonage, farmland birds, rare breeds, high status water site and farmland habitat (Natura).

sorry my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

It's in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Mine in too and I still have to do that course. Didn’t think I’d get it in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Aravo

Box09 wrote:
    It's in!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FLC

Anyone's not in?!

Nothing showing in Agfood....

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

FLC wrote: »
    Anyone's not in?!

Nothing but I had an inspection

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kerrysoul

Anyone's not in?!

The next payment run will be done later this week, so payment should hit your bank account on Thurs/Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Anyone's not in?!

Nothing here either, everything's been done and dusted but no sign of it.
    Like someone else said why don't they just send everyone's out together. Everyone who's compliant anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Base price wrote: »
    ganmo wrote: »

Commonage doesn't get you GLAS+. Nor do you get GLAS+ if you had GLAS+ qualifying birds on that same commonage.

You would need something like 10 ponies (at €200 each) which would have had to be registered with the society for the previous 2 years, or other privately owned NATURA lands to get into GLAS+ territory.

Commonage qualified an applicant as a tier 1 applicant, like the 140kg nitrogen did.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,262 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Text, I presume it's a Glas payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Paid in account today and have an inspection tomorrow...
    No doubt I'll be in for some cuts, in fairness bar a half of a new hedge I planted that didn't take too well everything else was done to the letter of the plan.
    fingers crossed for me

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FLC

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Nothing but I had an inspection

Had an inspection as well in May. All went fine and got a letter back to say there were no non-compliance issues. Hoping it gets in this month.

I rang the DAFM again this morning re Glas 1 non payment and was told that I have been approved for payment and should receive same within 5 working days. SurprisinglyI got speaking to a member of staff without much of a wait.

I’ve arrived at a situation where I think being in Glas is costing me money. This is my third year, can I leave without being penalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Just to update,
    Inspection went fine, he was happy with all the measures, bit of hedge needs remedial work. I'm to get a letter requesting receipts, worksheets meal etc for 2018 but hopefully I'll get away with a "RAN" letter an 30 days to fix the hedge and nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

I’ve arrived at a situation where I think being in Glas is costing me money. This is my third year, can I leave without being penalised?

I'm not sure on that one tbh but I doubt you can walk away without penalty. A bit like brexit.

What measures are you useing that are costing you all this money if you don't mind me asking Q?

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    I'm not sure on that one tbh but I doubt you can walk away without penalty. A bit like brexit.

What measures are you useing that are costing you all this money if you don't mind me asking Q?
    It’s complicated.
    Having catch crops is stopping me sowing winter cereals which means I’m stuck sowing spring barley which has been a disaster in recent years.
    That’s not only reason. Catch crop probably cost me €800/900 this year to sow so if u take that and the tax I’m paying on money received I’m not making a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Same here, glass inspector arrived in the yard and barely spoke to me. Seems with Brexit coming up they have their own agenda.This government has failed the farmer big time.Really sorry I joined glas.

• Advertisement

Glas payment sorted. It's in payment due section of agfood. Check agfood if you haven't been paid in 1st payment run.

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Same here, glass inspector arrived in the yard and barely spoke to me. Seems with Brexit coming up they have their own agenda.This government has failed the farmer big time.Really sorry I joined glas.
    Also going to cost me money to get through the inspection as had to use planner. Inspector was extremely serious fella

Also going to cost me money to get through the inspection as had to use planner. Inspector was extremely serious fella

It’s a joke , Dept inspectors trying to destroy small farmers .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    It’s a joke , Dept inspectors trying to destroy small farmers .

Everyone seams to have it in for small farms

With less small farms there would be less Co-ops, less AI technicians, less marts (if any at all), less Consultants & less Dept staff to name but a few.

Voted for Fine Gael all my life never again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Sami23

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Just to update,
    Inspection went fine, he was happy with all the measures, bit of hedge needs remedial work. I'm to get a letter requesting receipts, worksheets meal etc for 2018 but hopefully I'll get away with a "RAN" letter an 30 days to fix the hedge and nothing else

Why would they need to see your meal receipts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Sami23 wrote: »
    Why would they need to see your meal receipts ?

Think it’s to do with the amount of P

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

Need meal and fertiliser receipts to see that we are compliant with our Nutrient management plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Sami23

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Need meal and fertiliser receipts to see that we are compliant with our Nutrient management plans.

But I don't see anywhere in the Record Book that this is asked for so bit confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

Sami23 wrote: »
    But I don't see anywhere in the Record Book that this is asked for so bit confused
    Does not go on the record sheet but with the NMP.

Advertisement