Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Settlement agreed but never paid

razor8 wrote: »

That was my understanding too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Omackeral wrote: »
    YeAh BuT iTs ChRiStMaS!

Could be Pancake Day for all I care about this defaulter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Because she was brain-lamingly crap?

Of all the attributes of a live-media journalist (as opposed to the print variety): fluency, articulacy, familiarity with subject matter, objectivity, insight, she had proficiency in.....well, none of them, to be honest.

There is a Facebook page called "Where is Anna Kavanagh?" but it doesn't seem to be visited much. Just saying......;)

Her twitter and youtube pages were crazy. The woman is unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

razor8 wrote: »

The media have said that he entered into a settlement in 2015 but there is no indication of whether he stuck to that agreement or not. Given his history, you would be forgiven for thinking he may have not stuck to the letter of that agreement!

But, then Revenue would likely have moved against him again and there does not seem to be any evidence of this, in terms of a conviction or further proceedings. I presume that the Times or the Indo would have been able to dig this up if it existed.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Her twitter and youtube pages were crazy. The woman is unhinged.

I reckon that her family intervened and put a stop to her ramblings for her own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The media have said that he entered into a settlement in 2015 but there is no indication of whether he stuck to that agreement or not. Given his history, you would be forgiven for thinking he may have not stuck to the letter of that agreement!

But, then Revenue would likely have moved against him again and there does not seem to be any evidence of this, in terms of a conviction or further proceedings. I presume that the Times or the Indo would have been able to dig this up if it existed.

If they were aware of KBC's action against him they'd have waited in the wings for the repossession and sale as they would have first dibs on any cash raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

gandalf wrote: »
    If they were aware of KBC's action against him they'd have waited in the wings for the repossession and sale as they would have first dibs on any cash raised.

KBC's claim based on a first legal charge will come before Revenues' claim, who don't even appear to have obtained a judgement. There appears to have been a settlement prior to Revenue issuing any proceedings anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

I reckon that her family intervened and put a stop to her ramblings for her own safety.

Was she the originator of the idea that the McCanns were “pulled out by the ears”? That was repeated in the Dáil by Pearce the shinner, he won’t like it if he has to correct the record if he mislead the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

So what's the latest, has McGann been jailed yet?
    He's a criminal after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

namloc1980 wrote: »
    YOUR HOME IS AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP PAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY LOAN SECURED ON IT.

This is the fundamental component of a mortgage and the main warning on mortgage documents. It has very little meaning in Ireland though where non payers are cheered on by irresponsible politicians and bleeding hearts.

Absolutely, it’s these people who should be in the spotlight.

Local politicians ‘covering their ass’ and trying to be all things to all men.

It’s way beyond the time these irresponsible folk were called out, and for once the side of the taxpayer was considered.

If people ,as reported, like Fitzmaurice, had their way ,it would appear that it’s fine to not repay and not have the asset seized.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

If people ,as reported, like Fitzmaurice, had their way ,it would appear that it’s fine to not repay and not have the asset seized.

Madness.

Can you post the link to where Fitzmaurice stated so.

Thanks

orm0nd wrote: »
    Can you post the link to where Fitzmaurice stated so.

Thanks

Share to Facebook

Share to Twitter

Share to Email App

Independent Roscommon TD Michael Fitzmaurice has denied that comments he made in the Dáil last week had incited violence.
    On Wednesday during a Dáil debate on the Anti-Evictions Bill he had warned that “Irish people need to wake up, especially if people are coming from the North. We must take them on and stop what is happening.”
    He said many people were receiving notice-to-quit letters from banks selling buy-to-let properties. “In my opinion many of the banks involved are scum.”
    On RTɒs Morning Ireland Mr Fitzmaurice rejected the suggestion that he was inciting violence in his comments about evictions.
    “Violence solves nothing. We have to sit down and work with people, including the banks.”

Sorry having wi-fi break up I’m my area will try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

P_1 wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=521998308280272&id=433698377110266

Context. KBC are trying to evict people from a property in Strokestown. On Tuesday a gang of people from north of the border who identify as British moved in on the property, assaulting people ( there are videos floating about online about this). Last night a large group of people seemingly took the property back, 2 dogs are dead and several northern registered vans have been burnt out.

Several questions. Main one is what on earth were KBC thinking going down this road? Have they no idea of the historical context of doing this? Second question is how this is going to be framed by the national media.

Context.KBC were trying to get people to leave a property that they own.The people they were trying to evict did not own the property and never did.

You describe the security team as a "gang" and you describe the masked and armed gang who"took the property back" as a "group"

Main question.What was the original owner doing putting up his house and land as security for a loan which he defaulted on?And why did he fail to engage with the bank over a period of many years.

His actions and those of the gang of masked men who beat up the security guards and burned several vechicles have ensured that ordinary decent farmers wild find it difficult to borrow money using their houses and land as a guarantee against default and if they do manage to get get a loan will have to pay higher interest rates due to the events that you described in such a subjective manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Share to Facebook

Share to Twitter

Share to Email App

Independent Roscommon TD Michael Fitzmaurice has denied that comments he made in the Dáil last week had incited violence.
    On Wednesday during a Dáil debate on the Anti-Evictions Bill he had warned that “Irish people need to wake up, especially if people are coming from the North. We must take them on and stop what is happening.”
    He said many people were receiving notice-to-quit letters from banks selling buy-to-let properties. “In my opinion many of the banks involved are scum.”
    On RTɒs Morning Ireland Mr Fitzmaurice rejected the suggestion that he was inciting violence in his comments about evictions.
    “Violence solves nothing. We have to sit down and work with people, including the banks.”

were those his exact words

goat2 wrote: »
    were those his exact words
    Share to Facebook

Share to Twitter

Share to Email App

I presume the passages quoted were....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The problem with a certain cohort in Ireland is that every one of them know their “rights” but very few understand their responsibilities.

This will be interesting Maryanne, especially the background of those arrested.

More to come apparently, which is good .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Hopefully justice will be done and those responsible for the crimes will be punished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Hopefully justice will be done and those responsible for the crimes will be punished.

Be hard to convict as they were working for the bank

liam7831 wrote: »

I thought that they were a bunch of vigilantes “supporting” the family?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Na I'm talking about the scumbags that attacked the security guards.

Na I'm talking about the scumbags that attacked the security guards.

Polis will fillet those tossers Lesser, should kick off fairly soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The problem with a certain cohort in Ireland is that every one of them know their “rights” but very few understand their responsibilities.

That's true is all walks to be fair. I'd say most know their 'responsibilities' but it if ain't illegal, can't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

What crimes did they commit?

christy c wrote: »
    What crimes did they commit?

From the link in my post. “ three security guards were hospitalised, a dog was put down as a result of its injuries, and vehicles were burnt out”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

From the link in my post. “ three security guards were hospitalised, a dog was put down as a result of its injuries, and vehicles were burnt out”

By "they", I meant the people hired by the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

christy c wrote:

Beat up innocent people while the guards looked on. If u read this thread from the start you would know.

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »

Do you mean people hired by the banks to carry out a legal eviction? You do know that people cannot stay forever in homes without paying for said home?

Advertisement