Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Edward M wrote: »
    Home chores done, tea and toast in kitchen, off to work shortly, sounds familiar?
    Just hate these dark mornings.

Off out in the Renault Master then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Bed, I've no school run this morning. Woohoo, listening to Elliot clear his pipes after the cpap and his little cold, I wish I could cough for him but he's getting the hang of it.
    Plan for today is to get the laundry folded and put away today, been trying to get it done since Sunday :D it now has top priority. Oh the excitement..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Off out in the Renault Master then?

Indeed I am in it now, just arrived at my destination.
    Dog going mad at this house here, a pretty savage looking collie, but I was here yesterday and his bark is worse than his bite. I'll chance getting out anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having breakfast, then out for a walk which will include a stop at the barbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Also in bed. But my own bed. Nice and big and feels so much more comfortable than the hospital bed. Fell asleep talking to my grandad earlier and apparently he's had some good visitors which makes me happy. I'm really struggling to cope but as my nurse said I need to put my issues to the side for the moment and be the man of the house and I think this evening with the two of us doped up on morphine and just chatting rubbish I achieved that. I'm just so afraid of the day he'll be gone. :(

For now I need distraction so I'm listening to music like Shoes.

It's lovely to be back in your own bed I bet. No denying it, you're going through an immensely difficult time. There's very little I can say to help only go as easy on yourself as you can and don't put pressure on yourself. Thinking of you and your family.

• Advertisement

Deskside, eating Breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

In bed. Hospital appt later

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Morning ye bunch of beautiful bastids.

I'm in work, productive morning so far. Now time to plan out the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Kitchenside, noodles already cooked.:P

Onions chopped, olive oil and aceto mixed for a nice dressing for a cold noodle salad for this evening. Dishes done as well so it’s time to prepare myself for a little bike expedition to pick up some glycerin for my vaping habit.:D

Exactly 1,6 degree plus and slightly snowy roads. Will be quite cool. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Saving money here no haircuts till 2020. She who must be obeyed is already chawing at me:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

At the CF clinic. Bloods taken, weight done, went for x-ray and now back and waiting to do my lung function and walking test. I hate the walking test! Does someone else want to do it for me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I says wrote: »

Saving money here no haircuts till 2020. She who must be obeyed is already chawing at me:):):)

I have haircuts to do this afternoon, I get paid in vacuuming, tea making, dishwasher emptying and log box filling. 20+ years experience, form a queue at the kettle.
    Still in bed (have made coffee, lit the stove and changed baby butt..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In the drs, I’ve a list of stuff. I want sleeping pills at the very top of that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

In the kitchen after fuelling up with scaldy tae and toast and marmalade so I can tackle this. Can't get my sh1t together at all lately :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside but time for scaldy tae.

I was fasting for my diabetes check so now I'm about to have some milky tae and toast, walking test after and I should be out of here :D My lung function is 51%, not too shabby :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Succubus_ wrote: »
    some milky tae a

Ewwwww :pac:

kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

At Dublin airport looking out for Duvet....

In van having a coffee.
    Just got off the phone to my eldest daughter, from a former pre marriage relationship. She's in Australia atm but coming home in 6 weeks, looking for a place to doss for a while. Not sure how that will go down at home but I told her no bother at all.
    Should be no problem, she stayed with us before.

Heading for a shower and tidy up the auld goatee like :cool:

Edward M wrote: »
    In van having a coffee.
    Just got off the phone to my eldest daughter, from a former pre marriage relationship. She's in Australia atm but coming home in 6 weeks, looking for a place to doss for a while. Not sure how that will go down at home but I told her no bother at all.
    Should be no problem, she stayed with us before.

You did the right thing,Does she get on with everyone?

• Advertisement

She's your daughter Edward so I think you did the right thing saying she could stay :)

I'm sitting in the car with daddy. Have a few jobs to do and then BED!!

She's your daughter Edward so I think you did the right thing saying she could stay :)

One of those jobs is making us all tae right? :pac:

One of those jobs is making us all tae right? :pac:

Sephers you are a cheeky boy :p I have to get immune boosting potions!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

*jumps on tea bandwagon*
    Glorious day for a bit more work, few bob and a few well earned beers later.

Heading for a shower and tidy up the auld goatee like :cool:

Does she get on with everyone?

She does, I used to have her regularly as a child, she lived with us full time from 15 till she finished college.
    She got a job in the smoke then and has been travelling for the last 8 years or so, just home for quick hols.
    She says she's planning to stay in Ireland now.
    Very independent lassie and just a pleasure to be around really.
    Bit of friction between her and my other daughter by times, but overall they get on well enough. Mrs always loved her.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I know I'm hiding in the back seat and all, but please stop calling me daddy. THAT is creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still bedside, trying to find the motivation to get out. My routine has gone to shít since I got home, it’s actually quite strange to have had my own routine when I was away but now that I’m back I’m struggling to make it work here. Anyway, think I’ll get up and head couch side via the kitchen for some grub.

Home under a blanket :D

Lads, My CF nurse was telling me that her brother in law ended up in hospital on oxygen after getting this flu that's going around and he doesn't have any pre existing illness and she said ICU is just manic with it. If ye haven't already then I'd strongly advise that ye get the flu vaccine and your friends/family do the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Lying in bed after a glorious trip abroad looking out at the sh1te weather in Cork City

• Advertisement

Going out for lunch. Starving. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement