Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AJM95

Im intending on doing three exams in April and leaving my job in January to study full time for the 12 weeks coming up to them.
    Would this be realistic enough to pass them? I'm picking criminal company and property. I just completed my LLB last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

AJM95 wrote: »
    Im intending on doing three exams in April and leaving my job in January to study full time for the 12 weeks coming up to them.
    Would this be realistic enough to pass them? I'm picking criminal company and property. I just completed my LLB last year.

absolutely, loads of time. Exams are in March though! Still plenty of time for those relatively easy 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AJM95

I meant March yes. Thanks for the reassurance 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Mod
    Sorry, trading not allowed through this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mariealice

Does anyone have updated Contract and Property grids , have a 2018 EU grid and grids up to 2017 for Constitutional and Criminal to swap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

How long do people take off work before the exams as study leave? Ie. Before the first exam week. I am thinking of asking for 3 weeks off. Is this too much/little? Am sitting 5 exams but one is a repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joanneom

Hi there, wondering would anybody have any Company or EU Grids- I have tort and equity ones if needed.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joanneom

Pyggg wrote: »
    How long do people take off work before the exams as study leave? Ie. Before the first exam week. I am thinking of asking for 3 weeks off. Is this too much/little? Am sitting 5 exams but one is a repeat.

Hi there,

I took 3 weeks off for the last sitting and found that this was plenty of time. I did study most evenings after work and on weekends closer to the exam time. The final three weeks really just helped with the learning off by heart/ exam technique stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Pyggg wrote: »

I took 3 weeks out of work. Whether it's enough is down to how much prep you think you can get in between now and then. If you're doing 5 exams you'll really want to be in a position where you have covered the vast majority of topics before study leave so that you spend most of the three weeks looking at past papers and memorising.

4 weeks off would be great but if that's going to be too much for your employer then 3 weeks is perfectly feasible as long as you're organised in advance. My problem was that I procrastinated and then my 3 weeks off were utter nervous breakdown-inducing hell. Got through them OK but aged 10 years in the process . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

For constitutional can the chapter on abortion and the unborn and section on blasphemy now be left out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

kasey0123 wrote: »
    For constitutional can the chapter on abortion and the unborn and section on blasphemy now be left out ?

They barely came up even before the referenda so I'd go with yes. Although the examiner is quite topical. You'd be grand leaving them out as long as you covered enough other topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lmsc

Anyone have an up to date contract or con law grid? Can swap EU or company!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Does anyone have the criminal 2018 October paper you’d kindly email me? Be a huge help!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

Would really appreciate if someone could email me the criminal, equity and property October 2018 papers too, if anyone happens to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Would anybody be able to tell me what came up in the EU exam in the last sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

Would anybody be able to tell me what came up in the EU exam in the last sitting?

Here

Blazedup wrote: »
    Here

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Anyone could tell me what came up for criminal in October 2018? Searched through the thread but didn't seem to find any post talking about the exam on the day. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Any one have the Equity 2018 October paper or what came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

jus_me wrote: »
    Any one have the Equity 2018 October paper or what came up?

I've detailed the questions if you come back in the thread to October 2018 time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Does anyone have any study tips? I know we need to just cram cases and legislation but I'm finding it difficult to figure out if I'm answering questions correctly because I have no examples to go off. There is just so much to learn so any tips you have would be great! *trying not to panic*

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

How come the 2018 autumn examiners report is not available to order on law society website? It's not showing up at all to order

user115 wrote: »
    How come the 2018 autumn examiners report is not available to order on law society website? It's not showing up at all to order

The examiners report takes longer to be released than the papers. The reports last time were only released in August, whereas the papers were available for purchase in May-June. I say they’ll be available online soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

Where can I buy the Companies Act (2017 ed)? Preferably second hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

There's one going on Adverts at the moment but you'll need to be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Hey all anyone have a copy of EU legislation to bring into the exam? Is the TEU and TFEU the most useful to bring in?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Hi , quick question..has any one attended Blackhall for an interview for the Access program???

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Is the 2014 not of use? Once you aware of the changes

Hi all, I have manuals from 2015 for property and company - will these be okay for me to use in 2019 sittings? Worried I might be missing out on major changes/cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

able1 wrote:
    Hi all, I have manuals from 2015 for property and company - will these be okay for me to use in 2019 sittings? Worried I might be missing out on major changes/cases.

The notes for property i used were quite old (i took a break) and i just looked up recent developments / cases n any major topics.

Re property am in the same boat my booklet is 2014..so not sure? Haven't looked at it yetm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement