Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

tommyq94 wrote: »
    Well I can now say that I believe in miracles! Brought up 12% to pass Company!

Hope others got what they were hoping for.

Oh wow, well done you!! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kallyann1

Sat 4 FE1s in October and passed the four. I am delighted however I am now worried looking at the sheer amount of chapters in both Tort and Constitutional. Looking at the grids and nothing seems TOO predictable. How many chapters would people recommend covering. For example there are 28 chs in my CON manual! Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Hi All,

Could anyone be able to post in Exam papers for March 2018 and October 2018 for the following subjects:
    Eu
    Tort
    Equity
    Property

I have the rest. It would be a huge help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Ethan90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the Oct 2018 Exam report comes out?
    Breacnua wrote: »
    out now

Would you post a link to where I can find this please? I can only see the Autumn 2018 Exam paper on the Law Society's website, not the Examiners' Report!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

holliek wrote: »
    Does anyone have an up to date grid on Constitutional?

I have, private message me your email address.

• Advertisement

Are there any other lectures similar to the UCD constitutional review for other subjects?

Could you share the UCD Constitutional Law Review by any chance please? Or where would I find it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Anyone got a more recent booklet for constitution or recent notes in exchange i can send tort or equity booklet 2016 or if need anything esle i can see what i have Thanks ..mine was 2013 far too old.

** I will have the recent ucd notes this week also to exchange for constitutional

Anyone got a more recent booklet for constitution or recent notes in exchange i can send tort or equity booklet 2016 or if need anything esle i can see what i have Thanks ..mine was 2013 far too old.

** I will have the recent ucd notes this week also to exchange for constitutional

Hi I have a pdf of the Constitutional Manual from 2015 which I can send on if you PM me your email address. I could do with the notes or slides etc from the Constitutional Conference in UCD last Thursday if you can send them on in return please?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

tommyq94 wrote: »
    Well I can now say that I believe in miracles! Brought up 12% to pass Company!

Hope others got what they were hoping for.

I came up 12 per cent as well! Guys....always get the recheck I was so shocked, felt so ****ty coming out of that exam on the day and got less than 5/20 in 2 questions but apparently they thought it was worth bumping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Guys what are the topics one can 'reasonably' cut in constitutional, tort & criminal?

I am just not advancing working full-time. I am a little bit scared about this session. I need to cut down things as reasonably as I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Would you post a link to where I can find this please? I can only see the Autumn 2018 Exam paper on the Law Society's website, not the Examiners' Report!
    Could you share where you found the October 2018 exam report? I don't see it up on the Law Society 'order past papers' page yet.. thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clearsky99

Does anyone have an up to date constitutional and tort grid that wouldn’t mind sharing with me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Just have a question about trainee applications and references as applied for A&L's they had an early one cause they need more trainees at the moment, is it after the whole interview process they contact the referees/references or could it be any time? I'm thinking it would make sense that they wouldn't contact them until after the whole interview process but just want to check what ye think?

I'm 99% sure I'll get a reference from who I put down but I don't really want to ask them until I'm sure I actually have it.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: FE1 people, we don't want to have to return to a zero tolerance policy on trading here, handing out bans left, right and centre. It's not pleasant for anyone.

I also don't want or need to be posting a mod warning every page or so in this thread.

Do not engage in trading. The only exam materials that are excepted are exam grids and tbh, if we have to go back to zero tolerance, these will also be banned as we do not have the moderator resources to fully monitor exactly what is or isn't liable to give rise to issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

user115 wrote: »
    Just have a question about trainee applications and references as applied for A&L's they had an early one cause they need more trainees at the moment, is it after the whole interview process they contact the referees/references or could it be any time? I'm thinking it would make sense that they wouldn't contact them until after the whole interview process but just want to check what ye think?

I'm 99% sure I'll get a reference from who I put down but I don't really want to ask them until I'm sure I actually have it.

This probably should be on the Milkrounds thread but my understanding is that firms will only contact referees around the time of finalising offers. Companies do sometimes call referees early on for more senior role recruitment, but I can't see HR in law firms calling up the referees of every trainee programme applicant until it's narrowed down to the final batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sallieships

If anyone has up to date exam grids for Tort and Property I would be very grateful for them!

I have grids for every subject, but they are only up to October 17/March 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AJM95

Anyone know where I could find a reasonably priced 2014 Companies Act? And must it be brand new for the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

AJM95 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could find a reasonably priced 2014 Companies Act? And must it be brand new for the exam?

It can be second hand as long as its not marked in anyway and there are two versions i believe, an annotated version and the act itself with no explanatory memos or the like. it is important to get the correct one for the exams. I think you can buy it from Bloomsbury but I am not sure as I borrowed a friends.

Leraf wrote: »
    It can be second hand as long as its not marked in anyway and there are two versions i believe, an annotated version and the act itself with no explanatory memos or the like. it is important to get the correct one for the exams. I think you can buy it from Bloomsbury but I am not sure as I borrowed a friends.

You cannot mark the Act however under the rules, you are allowed underline the Act and highlight the Act. I have done this for every exam with legislation.

An easy way to fly through the exam is to highlight the Legislation in a number of different colors and have corresponding tabs. Similarly I also underline in different color pens and then color in blanks tabs to correspond with the underline color. I have never had any issue with this. This is especially handy for the Companies Act or the EU Legislation.

See rule 1 of the following; https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/education/fe-1/legislativesources.pdf

YOU CANNOT PUT AN ASTERIX OR BULLET POINTS OR OTHER MARKS BUT YOU CAN DO THE ABOVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 azMark09

Hi

I have manuals for Griffith and Company from City and exam grids but for 2017. I also have condensed notes for all subjects except for EU and Equity.

Mod deletion. Pls do not discuss the various courses nor manuals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Jimdtug1

Anybody have any information as to what topics are certs to appear on the Constitutional Exam i.e similar to Succesion in Property or Directors in Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djsilver17

Does anyone have an up-to-date Criminal Grid to share please?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fe1hayes

Studying EU I am really struggling with the language in it. Would anyone recommend nutshells?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

Only posted my application form now... it should be okay shouldn’t it? 😨

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Gomzu wrote: »
    Only posted my application form now... it should be okay shouldn’t it? ��

Yeah I think you're fine. As long as you posted it with the money, don't think they will refuse even if a few days late lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

I'm trying to cover the unenumerated rights/personal rights for constitutional but struggling with the amount of cases involved. Any way of narrowing them down or could someone tell me the key cases to learn?

TIA

Can anyone give me a hand with constitutional.. I'm completely confused as to what level of detail to go into for each topic and what to cover!! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Can anyone give me a hand with constitutional.. I'm completely confused as to what level of detail to go into for each topic and what to cover!! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

I genuinely said about 8 cases in the whole constitutional paper, based 3 of my 5 questions on the same case. I didn't know a thing and got 55. Have an idea of all of the chapters to be honest as there are some mixing. Don't be worrying too much as I know it can look really overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Hi all,
    I have Blackstone's EU Treaties book from my college course, but it is 2015-2016. Do you think that would do or should I get a more recent one?

• Advertisement

Pyggg wrote: »
    I genuinely said about 8 cases in the whole constitutional paper, based 3 of my 5 questions on the same case. I didn't know a thing and got 55. Have an idea of all of the chapters to be honest as there are some mixing. Don't be worrying too much as I know it can look really overwhelming.

thank you, you seemed to ace it! Yeah its the one that is worrying me the most, every topic just seems massive and there's so many cases. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement