Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

191 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Do they Need a 191Ke1 reg?

Probably not, but they might want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

my ould fella has a 142 qashqai and only creeps into town ( 4klms ) every day so its not even getting warm , hes had it back a few times because the " start / stop " keeps showing a malfunction and they finally told him in nissan that he is not driving it on enough , seemingly they have some sort of smart alternator fitted and if its not getting enough of a charge daily it will start to shut off non vital components such as " start / stop " etc , i keep telling the ould to drive the ****e out of it for at least an hour once a week but he wont heed me just keeps giving off about " too much electronics in these new cars "

Diesel too I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Woman I work with came back to work today with a Peugeot 5008. Bought a new Sportage last year and said it was fairly crap for fitting anything in once the double buggy was in the boot.

Also saw a Sligo reg red X-Trail and a white Passat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Mod edit. Any more of this and its a ban

Women :rolleyes:

Yes, I am one. Your point is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Woman I work with came back to work today with a Peugeot 5008. Bought a new Sportage last year and said it was fairly crap for fitting anything in once the double buggy was in the boot.

Also saw a Sligo reg red X-Trail and a white Passat.

I always wonder do the owners commonly confuse their silver or at a push gunmetal grey sportage or 5008 with the hoards of other ones in the supermarket car park or outside swimming lessons. The only way to distinguish it must be the reg plate.

Scarlet for susan in her 171 sportage, her PCP deal doesnt end till next year, she cant have the latest in tesco carpark chic just yet, but her 201 faux by four must be on her mind already. Im sure her conversation with all the others in the new build 3 bed semi detached house in some soulless suburb land have already begun. They'll decide on a concensus , itll be silver and bog spec again, but will it be kia, hyundai or possibly Peugeot or Renault this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I see the Dublin mayoral car this year is an S90 T8..beats the D4 from the previous few years

A cool €90k iirc

I always wonder do the owners commonly confuse their silver or at a push gunmetal grey sportage or 5008 with the hoards of other ones in the supermarket car park or outside swimming lessons. The only way to distinguish it must be the reg plate.

Scarlet for susan in her 171 sportage, her PCP deal doesnt end till next year, she cant have the latest in tesco carpark chic just yet, but her 201 faux by four must be on her mind already. Im sure her conversation with all the others in the new build 3 bed semi detached house in some soulless suburb land have already begun. They'll decide on a concensus , itll be silver and bog spec again, but will it be kia, hyundai or possibly Peugeot or Renault this time round.

Most people don't care about spec, engine size etc. They just want to go from A to B. Registrations in Roscommon are just tipping over 100. Had a look at some of them on cartell a while ago. They are mainly made up of Volkswagen (Passat/Tiguan), Hyundai (Tucson), Ford (Focus/Fiesta) and Nissan (Pulsar/Qashqai).

Not wildly suprising as those are the main dealerships in the county. Did spot two A6 and an Ioniq among the regs.

Yeah, just noticed this evening they are available on Motorcheck.

Tried a few interesting Dublin combinations, 999; 666; 123; 191 etc. Nothing interesting at all, bar an X5 M50d 191-D-191. 666 is a red Suzuki Vitara!

Guess what 191KY1 is attached to?

A CLAAS tractor!

For something that'll spend most of it's time in a field that 1k wasn't well spent imo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

It's what the manufacturers want. The more of a fashion statement their product Is, the more it'll sell. They want it that way, PCP is the golden ticket.

Saw my first 2 days ago, an i40. 2 191 D reg RR belonging to a local stud id assume the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Guess what 191KY1 is attached to?

A CLAAS tractor!

For something that'll spend most of it's time in a field that 1k wasn't well spent imo!

If it's a contractors machine prob spend a lot of time on the road. Depending on model the plate would hardly dent the price of it

Mooooo wrote: »
    If it's a contractors machine prob spend a lot of time on the road. Depending on model the plate would hardly dent the price of it

Might not have been reserved by anyone either.

List of first regs:

Carlow - Audi Q8

Cavan - Ford Ranger

Clare - n/a

Cork - Ford Mondeo

Donegal - Toyota Yaris

Dublin - Volvo S90

Galway - Mercedes Sprinter

Kerry - Claas Arion

Kildare - Hyundai Tucson

Kilkenny - n/a

Laois - Hyundai Santa Fe

Leitrim - Peugeot 3008

Limerick - n/a

Longford - Hyundai i30

Louth - Peugeot 5008

Mayo - Peugeot 2008

Meath - Peugeot 5008

Monaghan - Mercedes Sprinter

Offlay - Skoda Octavia

Roscommon - Hyundai Kona

Sligo - Toyota CH-R

Tipperary - Honda CRV

Waterford - n/a

Westmeath - Nissan Leaf

Wexford - Hyundai Tucson

Wicklow - n/a

That Sprinter will be a minibus probably for Mattthews

Peugeot is really having a come back!

Sprinter, 5008 and Tucson are the most common vehicle on the list, two each.

Peugeot and Hyundai the most common marque, four each.
    Scratch that, forgot Kildare, a Tucson.

Carlow is the only exciting result. With a nod to Kerry for something different!

Doesn't JJ Kavanagh usually have no. 1 on a bus every year? Kilkenny I think. Seemingly nothing this year

The JJ Kavanaghs bus probably hasn't arrived yet for registration.

Doesn't JJ Kavanagh usually have no. 1 on a bus every year? Kilkenny I think. Seemingly nothing this year

I think I remember reading on here before that they used to reserve them when reservations were €300, but not after it changed to €1000 and the numbers <200 were no longer reservation only.

I think I remember reading on here before that they used to reserve them when reservations were €300, but not after it changed to €1000 and the numbers <200 were no longer reservation only.

They had kk1 in 2018 and 2017

They had kk1 in 2018 and 2017

But it could simply mean that whoever did the registration got in early with it for them seeing as they seem to buy buses every year so are no more than yer man with his 30 Fords in Laois, a loyal customer.

Kavanagh's haven't got the KK-1 reg every year from recent memory.

EDIT: 131-KK-1 is a Toyota Avensis.
    161-KK-1 is a Nissan NV400
    No vehicle registered for 151
    09-12 are all buses.

• Advertisement

But it could simply mean that whoever did the registration got in early with it for them seeing as they seem to buy buses every year so are no more than yer man with his 30 Fords in Laois, a loyal customer.

Kavanagh's haven't got the KK-1 reg every year from recent memory.

EDIT: 131-KK-1 is a Toyota Avensis.
    161-KK-1 is a Nissan NV400
    No vehicle registered for 151
    09-12 are all buses.

WRONG

Here's the 171kk1 bus

2017_03220002-L.jpg

WRONG

Here's the 171kk1 bus

I never said they didn't have the 171-kk-1. I said they didn't have all the KK-1 regs from recent memory.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Saw these two parked side by side in my Local Aldi yesterday

sdzebb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭traco

How are sales numbers looking this year, up or down? I haven't noticed as many as I think I've seen other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,591 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Work carpark is full of 191s this year, I've been based at this site on and off since 2010 and I have not seen this many any other year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ELM327 wrote: »
    Work carpark is full of 191s this year, I've been based at this site on and off since 2010 and I have not seen this many any other year.

Apparantly 1/3rd of drivers are planning to change this year, it was similar for 1999, id say hext year with the decade change if hrexit hasnt sank us you'll see a load of new cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

PCP really picked up in 2016 so I'd say 2019 will see a lot of renewals of those deals. Should be an improvement on last year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GavMan wrote: »
    PCP really picked up in 2016 so I'd say 2019 will see a lot of renewals of those deals. Should be an improvement on last year I think

A lot of stuff coming out only later this year. If what, I can see sales be lower for 191, but a bit higher for 192 compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

sligo county council compound in carraroe took delivery of four brand new Nissan navara pick ups yesterday , all 191 KE reg , seemingly engineers jeeps for the N4 castlebaldwin road job , no pics yet but ive been told one is a really high spec with loads of extras !!! foremans jeep maybe ???!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

sligo county council compound in carraroe took delivery of four brand new Nissan navara pick ups yesterday , all 191 KE reg , seemingly engineers jeeps for the N4 castlebaldwin road job , no pics yet but ive been told one is a really high spec with loads of extras !!! foremans jeep maybe ???!!!

They'll be for the client side engineers.
    Generally part of tender to provide a few and generally new to stop contractor providing buckets of ****e

Advertisement