Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

joe250 wrote: »
    Can you send me a link to the John Lewis 5000 mattress you sell? There are loads of different John Lewis 5000 mattress on there website.

Hi joe250

I am pretty sure the original link is dead at this stage as we are selling these for well over a year now. The link would have been posted many times earlier on this thread but John Lewis changed the model names a few months ago so the link would have stopped working at that stage. What we have are 5000 pocket non turn Harrison Spinks mattresses made for John Lewis. I may have the specification saved to the shop computer and will post that for you on Tuesday when we start back after the holidays.

Thanks

bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Does the base of the Vogue package have drawers or available with choice of fabric finish? Looking for a double with drawers and fabric as a spare guest bed.
    Hi Xteminator

A big seller is our Marlborough range. Bed and mattress is 199 euro with free delivery. 20 euro for old bed removal. The mattress is twin sided so you can turn it. Most customers would buy this for children /spare room and some for every night use. If you can afford another 100 euro, I would recommend the Vogue. It's 299 euro for bed and mattress. Base is a bit stronger and quality of mattress is much better. We sell these to hotels and B+B s as well as many of our customers. We have sold well over 10,000 Vogues without a single problem/issue and that's unheard of in this business. They are really good and affordable for many of our customers. Both of these beds are always in stock should you need any of them. We also have many other single beds starting from 149 euro upwards.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Bigmickey.ie,

Could you recommend a king size bed with 1000 pocket sprung please? And it's cost also.

Darando wrote: »
    Does the base of the Vogue package have drawers or available with choice of fabric finish? Looking for a double with drawers and fabric as a spare guest bed.

We carry them in stock in a few different colours. WE can order for you in different colours also. We keep a big stock of these all the time.Delivery is free nationwide

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Bigmickey.ie,

Could you recommend a king size bed with 1000 pocket sprung please? And it's cost also.

Do you want something cheaper or something better. We have for many different budgets. We may have a few ex display models for sale also with a saving of around 40%. They are in almost perfect condition- not your typical shop floor models.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Something better quality please.
    Do you want something cheaper or something better. We have for many different budgets. We may have a few ex display models for sale also with a saving of around 40%. They are in almost perfect condition- not your typical shop floor models.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Something better quality please.

I will have a look in the morning when we start back and see what bargains are about for you. If you want to pm me a contact number that would be great or you can call 043 3345488 / 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

What price Mickey for a grey type fabric double with drawers and vogue?
    We carry them in stock in a few different colours. WE can order for you in different colours also. We keep a big stock of these all the time.Delivery is free nationwide

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brooklands

Hi Adrian

We got a mixed load of about 30 footstools just before we closed for Christmas. We have not unwrapped them yet. We are closed until 2nd January. Will check for them and that leg then.

Thanks

Mick

Hey..my brother is looking for a grey or navy blue storage leather foot stool as described above...and I'm looking for dark brown leather storage foot stool...thanks for all...good luck..Adrian

brooklands wrote: »
    Hey..my brother is looking for a grey or navy blue storage leather foot stool as described above...and I'm looking for dark brown leather storage foot stool...thanks for all...good luck..Adrian

We will be unwrapping them today/tomorrow and will let you know what we have.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement

Darando wrote: »
    What price Mickey for a grey type fabric double with drawers and vogue?

Hi Derando

A vogue bed in a standard material is 399 euro. If we have bases in stock in a colour that you are happy with then the drawers are 25 each but if we have to order in a base with drawers in a specific material then the price of the drawers jump to 40 euro each. Let me know how many drawers that you are after and I will have a look to see if we have it in stock.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

joe250 wrote: »
    Can you send me a link to the John Lewis 5000 mattress you sell? There are loads of different John Lewis 5000 mattress on there website.

With a total of 5000 pocket springs in the king size version, our luxurious Linen mattress incorporates market leading spring technology and superior natural fillings for a firmer feel.
    The benefits of linen
    Linen provides superbly resilient comfort with the additional benefit of improving moisture management within the mattress helping to keep your sleep surface clean, fresh and dry.
    Additional fillings
    Cotton is added to the comfort layer alongside the linen to provide softness and durability. It is also highly absorbent which means it is good at wicking moisture away from the body and reducing temperature through evaporation, creating a hygienic sleeping environment. A separate layer of cotton and wool offers warmth and natural springiness whilst helping to inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi and dust mites. Naturally strong and comfortable hemp fibres are blended with wool to create an insulating under layer between the spring system and the comfort layers. All the layers are held together with two rows of hand side stitching, and hand tufted with cotton felt washers for even greater levels of durability.
    Revolution® pocket spring system
    Enjoy the enhanced comfort levels of this spring within a spring system for your most supportive night's sleep yet. Providing a medium to firm tension for all shapes and sizes of the human body, it boasts a two stage action. The larger outer spring offers a high degree of comfort as it yields to the body, while the inner spring gives a precise, highly supportive second action. As your body sinks into the mattress the inner spring is engaged delivering extra support when and where you need it.
    High density springs
    Combined with the ultra-supportive Revolution pocket spring, Airtanium HD springs help keep a healthy flow of air moving through the mattress. They also distribute your weight correctly to reduce the build-up of pressure. Produced in a blanket sheet format, the springs are able to move up, down and side to side, as well as pivoting. This allows the surface of the spring to contour with the exact shape of your body.
    Environmentally sound
    The John Lewis Natural collection has been designed to be recyclable at the end of its life by using natural upholstery fillings. Even the steel used in the patented pocket spring system is 100% recyclable. Our manufacturers, Spink & Edgar are the only bed makers in the world with a farm where they raise sheep for wool and grow luxury fibres for use as fillings in their mattresses. Using locally grown fibres, crops and wool lessens the impact on the environment by dramatically reducing CO2 and greenhouse gas emissions.
    Alternative mattress tensions, including Dual tension options, are available in store. Please call your nearest John Lewis to check before you visit.
    Please note: We recommend you visit one of our shops and try out your mattress choice before ordering online.
    Please note: not all our ranges are on display in our shops. For more information, please speak to a furniture Partner in store, or call 03452 661805 and we can tell you where the range you'd like to view is on display.
    0% APR Representative: this product is eligible for Interest Free Credit, available when you spend £1000 or more on selected home products. Call 03456 065019, or visit our shops. Terms and conditions apply: find out more
    Brand
    John Lewis
    Care instructions
    No need to turnover. Rotate from head to toe regularly
    Country of Origin
    UK
    Depth
    23cm
    Dimensions
    L200 x W150cm
    Filling
    Linen, Cotton, Wool, Hempure
    Mattress collections type
    Natural
    Mattress Size
    King Size
    Mattress tension
    Medium
    Mattress Turn Information
    No turn
    Mattress Type
    Pocket Spring
    Natural Collection Mattress Type
    Linen
    Side stitched Information
    Hand side stitched
    Tick composition
    65% Viscose, 35% Cotton
    Tuft Type/Surface Finish
    Cotton felt washers
    Weight Information
    41kg

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mrperty2011

Hi. Looking for mattress 3ft single bed. What would you recommend Tks

Hi. Looking for mattress 3ft single bed. What would you recommend Tks

We have everything and anything in stock from 65 euro upwards. Free delivery nationwide. Is it for adult or child ? Spare room or every night use ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi it would be for child and every night use. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 abbey

Hi,

we're looking for a decent solid wooden frame for a double mattress. Would you have anything suitable in stock?

Hi it would be for child and every night use. Thanks

We have a lot of different models. We also have a few ex displays models that we are clearing. Do you want to call in to us or give me an idea of what budget that you have ?

Thanks

abbey wrote: »
    Hi,

we're looking for a decent solid wooden frame for a double mattress. Would you have anything suitable in stock?

We will have. I can send you some images tomorrow.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Do you have any king size hybrid mattresses (zimba, Eve etc.) in stock?

If so what brand and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

What do you recommend for a small child (3) for a mattress to suit a car bed...I think too thick and it goes above the edges of the bed, which would otherwise act as railings. So perhaps a thinner high quality mattress -if such a thing exists - might be best ?

This is the bed (out of stock, so scroll down half a page to see it.. seems to take a standard single).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Step2-Stock-Car-Convertible-Bed-x/dp/B0001BW0O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Hi,

Looking for a SuperKing mattress.

We like fairly firm, and preference for two-sided. We liked the "King Koil Posure Serene Pocket Visco" that we saw in a shop, also we had a "Respa Bedstead Supreme" which we really liked and lasted for ages.

Could you recommend something similar?

cian8

We have a lot of different models. We also have a few ex displays models that we are clearing. Do you want to call in to us or give me an idea of what budget that you have ?

Thanks

Hi budget would be €100-€200
    Thanks

reni10 wrote: »
    Do you have any king size hybrid mattresses (zimba, Eve etc.) in stock?

If so what brand and how much?

We had Eve in Kingsize for 299 euro in December. I will check if any more available next week in UK. We have some Breasly natural latex mattresses in stock. They would be much higher quality than Eve. They were in UK for around 1100 pounds. They are very flexible. Our price 499 Euro. We have on display in our showroom in Longford if you want to have a look.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    What do you recommend for a small child (3) for a mattress to suit a car bed...I think too thick and it goes above the edges of the bed, which would otherwise act as railings. So perhaps a thinner high quality mattress -if such a thing exists - might be best ?

This is the bed (out of stock, so scroll down half a page to see it.. seems to take a standard single).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Step2-Stock-Car-Convertible-Bed-x/dp/B0001BW0O2

Hi Quigs Snr

These type of beds normally take an odd size single mattress. We would normaaly sell something like this with a 6 inch foam mattress. You will neeed to check an exact size as the two answers below are contradicting each other.

Question: Twin does it mean single size mattress?
    Answer: Yes it means single size mattress
    By Rizwana on 09 September 2015
    Yes, it can take a cot bed mattress or a standard 3ft single.
    By Ally on 10 September 2015

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Hi
    We will be looking for a new double bed soon . Is the shop in Longford open to the public ? And are the mattress on beds and available to try out ? I need a good well sprung mattress with a memory foam topper and a bed with storage underneath

Ps I live in Dublin but could drive to the shop .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hi
    We will be looking for a new double bed soon . Is the shop in Longford open to the public ? And are the mattress on beds and available to try out ? I need a good well sprung mattress with a memory foam topper and a bed with storage underneath

Hi iamwhoiam

Yes open every day to the public and 12 to 5pm on a Sunday. We have around 40 beds on the shop floor to try out.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

cian8 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a SuperKing mattress.

We like fairly firm, and preference for two-sided. We liked the "King Koil Posure Serene Pocket Visco" that we saw in a shop, also we had a "Respa Bedstead Supreme" which we really liked and lasted for ages.

Could you recommend something similar?

cian8

We have over 200 Superking mattresses always in stock at discount prices. Prices from 200 euro upwards. You would get something of high quality for around 400/450 Euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi budget would be €100-€200
    Thanks

We have from all prices but our biggest seller in the mid price range is the Vogue at 199 euro. It is orthopedic and twin sided so you can turn it and it will have a longer life. Many hotels buy this mattress from us. We have other models for 99 euro and also 149 euro but most customers buy the Vogue

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

We have over 200 Superking mattresses always in stock at discount prices. Prices from 200 euro upwards. You would get something of high quality for around 400/450 Euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

€400-450 would be fine, more if necessary. What could you suggest for me? Pocket sprung, two sided, medium firm? I am based in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi Bigmickey.ie

Looking to replace our mattress. Have a double one which is quite a few years old with a memory foam topper that is now pretty worn out. Was a pretty comfortable setup apart from being a bit warm in the summer and as I say it's getting worn out.

What would be best, memory foam, pocket sprung, or.... ?

Double size. 2 adults (both side sleepers), one with back flare ups from time to time. Budget up to 250 ish (maybe too low)?

Advertisement