Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Addle wrote: »
    Just thinking about buying a new mattress.
    Do you take away the old mattresses?

Hi Addle

Yes. It costs us 10 euro for single and 15 euro for double/king with the recycling agent that we use. WE don't add any further charges on after that. Some shops charge up to 45 euro from what we hear.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

moonshadow wrote: »
    Looking for a high quality king size mattress currently have a " majestic" non turn mattress if that makes any sense..

Hi moonshadow

Most of the clearance package are turnable mattresses so they have fillings on both sides. Experts say if they are dual filled then they generally have a longer life span. WE have some non turn in our general stock also.

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

How much is your top of the range superking turnable clearance?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Hi moonshadow

Most of the clearance package are turnable mattresses so they have fillings on both sides. Experts say if they are dual filled then they generally have a longer life span. WE have some non turn in our general stock also.

Bigmickey Team

Thx, so what is comparable or preferably better ?
    I'll be passing your Newtoenforbes shop on Saturday

kindalen wrote: »
    How much is your top of the range superking turnable clearance?

thanks.

We always have at least 200 superking mattresses in stock for all budgets. I think there is some 4500 pocket with all natural fillings. This would be similar quality to Harrison and you can turn it also. Something like this would retail for around 2000 euro. Can do these for 750 euro but will have other decent quality ones for 400/450

Bigmickey Team

• Advertisement

moonshadow wrote: »
    Thx, so what is comparable or preferably better ?
    I'll be passing your Newtoenforbes shop on Saturday

Many of them are of similar quality to Hypnos or Harrison. We are open on Saturday until 5.30pm. Mick should be there himself and can show you them.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Hiya, do you have king koil mattresses available? Slept on one recently in a hotel and it was fantastic!

Hiya, do you have king koil mattresses available? Slept on one recently in a hotel and it was fantastic!

HI

Any idea of the model name so that I can compare. We are no stockists for King Koil but we have many high end brands at seriously discounted prices that are similar.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi there just wondering do you stock double mattress in silent night ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Looking for a bed with decent under mattress storage- mattress, headboard (aka the works).
    I was looking at one that sort of lifts up on a pneumatic hinge at a 45 degree angle- to access the underbed storage.
    The pre-existing doublebed and mattress would have to be removed (the bed is a cheap tatty thing that splits in two).
    What do you have that might meet my needs?
    Underbed storage is a critical part of this- but it also must be comfortable (I have arthritis in my spine- and need something comfortable).

• Advertisement

Hi there just wondering do you stock double mattress in silent night ?

Yes but Silentnight make many different types. Do you have a name of a particular model that you are interested in ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Looking for a bed with decent under mattress storage- mattress, headboard (aka the works).
    I was looking at one that sort of lifts up on a pneumatic hinge at a 45 degree angle- to access the underbed storage.
    The pre-existing doublebed and mattress would have to be removed (the bed is a cheap tatty thing that splits in two).
    What do you have that might meet my needs?
    Underbed storage is a critical part of this- but it also must be comfortable (I have arthritis in my spine- and need something comfortable).

Hi there

There is a big choice when it comes to ottoman beds. We have off the shelf models and also get custom made models. What size bed do you need ? Any preference for fabric, leather or wooden ?

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi there

There is a big choice when it comes to ottoman beds. We have off the shelf models and also get custom made models. What size bed do you need ? Any preference for fabric, leather or wooden ?

Bigmickey.ie Team

I'll discuss it with she who must be obeyed- and get back to you.
    You're just outside Longford? I think a roadtrip might be called for.

I'll discuss it with she who must be obeyed- and get back to you.
    You're just outside Longford? I think a roadtrip might be called for.

Hi again

That's fine. We have plenty of ottoman beds on display in our showroom.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes but Silentnight make many different types. Do you have a name of a particular model that you are interested in ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

I have a Naomi 4foot and absolutely love it.

I'm sure it's probably called something else but has to be the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on.

Thanks .

I have a Naomi 4foot and absolutely love it.

I'm sure it's probably called something else but has to be the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on.

Thanks .

Hi

Don't have that one and could not find anything on it doing a quick search. Best is to give me a call and we will try and find it for you. 043 3341895 / 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brooklands

Hey mick and co, I was the lad who got the 2 x John Lewis 5000 mattress's, the coffee table, wooden cabinet and 2 mirrors etc from your shop and your overflow warehouse....

I'm just wondering if Ye are Have any of the leather foot stools( that the top folds up and there is storage space inside)?

any of these on sale in yer overflow warehouse in Richmond st ?...I think they were around 2ft wide by 2ft long but I'm not really sure how high they were- maybe 12 to 18 inches high / tall or something like that etc...

.what leather colours are these available in?...
    I can ring to discuss with Ye also?
    What's the current on sale price on them?..thanks..adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brooklands

Oh just thought- any chance the 4th leg ( with a curved 90degree bend in it)-ever turned up - from the unusual foot stool I saw in yer Richmond street warehouse?.? Just asking as there prob was a lot of furniture movements there lately and never know what might reappear etc..no problem if it hasn't.....thanks

brooklands wrote: »
    Hey mick and co, I was the lad who got the 2 x John Lewis 5000 mattress's, the coffee table, wooden cabinet and 2 mirrors etc from your shop and your overflow warehouse....

I'm just wondering if Ye are Have any of the leather foot stools( that the top folds up and there is storage space inside)?

any of these on sale in yer overflow warehouse in Richmond st ?...I think they were around 2ft wide by 2ft long but I'm not really sure how high they were- maybe 12 to 18 inches high / tall or something like that etc...

.what leather colours are these available in?...
    I can ring to discuss with Ye also?
    What's the current on sale price on them?..thanks..adrian

Hi Adrian

We got a mixed load of about 30 footstools just before we closed for Christmas. We have not unwrapped them yet. We are closed until 2nd January. Will check for them and that leg then.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Hi Mickey, can you get me a price on a rest assured BWC soft king size mattress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Curious78

Just wondering what the John Lewis 5000 mattress is like in terms of comfort and firmness compared to a reasonably good King Coil or Sealy.

Hi Mickey, can you get me a price on a rest assured BWC soft king size mattress?

Hi phunkadelic

I sent you a pm yesterday.

Thanks

Curious78 wrote: »
    Just wondering what the John Lewis 5000 mattress is like in terms of comfort and firmness compared to a reasonably good King Coil or Sealy.

Hi Curious78

The John Lewis 5000 is classed as medium. It is still firm enough though. We have on display in our showroom if you want to try. We don't stock King Koil but we get Sealy all the time. We have sold a very large quantity of these John Lewis models without any issues. Many of them were sold to members on boards.ie

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Hi Mickey

You having a sale when you open up in Jan or is it still 1 weekend a month that you do the sales. Will be looking for beds and furniture for newbuild house in coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Heya. How much for a John Lewis double and small double mattress?

mjp wrote: »
    Hi Mickey

You having a sale when you open up in Jan or is it still 1 weekend a month that you do the sales. Will be looking for beds and furniture for newbuild house in coming months

Hi mjp

We open everyday (7 days a week) Most items are seriously discounted already. We also do a clearance sale a few times throughout the year at a different premises at Richmond Street in Longford. Won't be beaten on price/quality for beds regardless.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Tusky wrote: »
    Heya. How much for a John Lewis double and small double mattress?

We were selling these for 499 euro. Will have to check stock when we open on January 2nd for you as there was very little stock of these sizes when we closed for the holidays. Should have at least one of each size though. Have a good few kingsize left still.

Free delivery nationwide.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hey, can you give me a quote for a divan bed single, with sprung mattress in delivery to dublin13, and removal of old single bed?
    Cheers :)

hey, can you give me a quote for a divan bed single, with sprung mattress in delivery to dublin13, and removal of old single bed?
    Cheers :)

Hi Xteminator

A big seller is our Marlborough range. Bed and mattress is 199 euro with free delivery. 20 euro for old bed removal. The mattress is twin sided so you can turn it. Most customers would buy this for children /spare room and some for every night use. If you can afford another 100 euro, I would recommend the Vogue. It's 299 euro for bed and mattress. Base is a bit stronger and quality of mattress is much better. We sell these to hotels and B+B s as well as many of our customers. We have sold well over 10,000 Vogues without a single problem/issue and that's unheard of in this business. They are really good and affordable for many of our customers. Both of these beds are always in stock should you need any of them. We also have many other single beds starting from 149 euro upwards.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Can you send me a link to the John Lewis 5000 mattress you sell? There are loads of different John Lewis 5000 mattress on there website.

Advertisement