Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Some top quality Cultural Enrichment from the Religion of Peace to celebrate NYE last night in Brussels if you follow the hashtag #Molenbeek on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

airy fairy wrote: »
    But you know if you do refuse a foreign national because of doing a previous bad job, the racist card gets pulled out very fast.

not always. when it does happen, given one will have proof the foreign national didn't provide the service as agreed, then it's a non-issue.
    I think calling tretorn a racist is a little unfair, if you walk around some areas of Dublin you could be forgiven for thinking you where in a foreign country. The last 20 years has seen rapid change in Ireland especially Dublin and not everyone is as comfortable as others with the o
    pace of the change.

As for him not getting in a taxi with non nationals, yes that could be seen as racist but has anyone asked him why he feels that way before branding him racist?

I know a number of females who wont under any circumstances get in taxis with African drivers, they just arent comfortable with it. There isnt a racist bone in their bodies either. Its not racist to want to be around your own people, id prefer an Irish taxi man but i wouldn't refuse any taxi that pulled over for me.

I work in the hospitality industry and i can tell you im getting more and more negative feedback from tourists as the years have gone by. A lot are shocked when they come to Dublin expecting an 'Irish experience' its far from it. Americans and Brits should have no problem being understood in English speaking Ireland, but this is one of the main complaints i hear.

if a person refuses to use a service from someone based on, directly or indirectly, their ethnicity or race, and believe somehow that another service provider is superior simply because they are of the same race as the person who refused to use the service of the foreign national, then it is racist.
    so if someone decides they don't wish to use a taxi service driven by an african because they are "uncomfortable with africans" then i would suggest that indeed that would be racist, because they are saying ultimately that africans cause them a particular problem, whereas other races don't, which means ultimately that other races are superior via the fact that those races don't ultimately cause the person the issues that the africans do.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

Some top quality Cultural Enrichment from the Religion of Peace to celebrate NYE last night in Brussels if you follow the hashtag #Molenbeek on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/vlbelang/status/1080054961613008897

https://twitter.com/cybernoelie/status/1080108164371107840

Tick tock tick tock ..... do people really want this in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

not always. when it does happen, given one will have proof the foreign national didn't provide the service as agreed, then it's a non-issue.

if a person refuses to use a service from someone based on, directly or indirectly, their ethnicity or race, and believe somehow that another service provider is superior simply because they are of the same race as the person who refused to use the service of the foreign national, then it is racist.
    so if someone decides they don't wish to use a taxi service driven by an african because they are "uncomfortable with africans" then i would suggest that indeed that would be racist, because they are saying ultimately that africans cause them a particular problem, whereas other races don't, which means ultimately that other races are superior via the fact that those races don't ultimately cause the person the issues that the africans do.

Africans are notorious for sharing taxi plates this is known, the pakistanis are at it aswell. Look how long its taken for the gardai to identify the pakistani rapist taxi driver there recently, and they still havent caught him. This makes people uncomfortable im sure you can understand that?

Also it is up to me who i give my money to, if like weldoninho said, i wanted to give my money to a fellow Irish man it doesnt mean that i hate blacks and im a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Young Muslims woke up before dawn today to clean the streets of 50 UK towns and cities as a lot of the country were nursing a hangover.

More than 1,000 Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association (AMYA) members held a special prayer then put on hi-vis jackets to go out and collect hundreds of bin bags of rubbish from last night’s celebrations.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/01/young-muslims-take-to-streets-to-clean-up-after-new-years-eve-celebrations-8298756/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Bonfires and firefighters attacked.

A familiar headline in this country at Halloween. Done entirely by our own.

20Cent wrote: »
    Young Muslims woke up before dawn today to clean the streets of 50 UK towns and cities as a lot of the country were nursing a hangover.

More than 1,000 Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association (AMYA) members held a special prayer then put on hi-vis jackets to go out and collect hundreds of bin bags of rubbish from last night’s celebrations.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/01/young-muslims-take-to-streets-to-clean-up-after-new-years-eve-celebrations-8298756/

Is there a point you are trying to make here?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Halloween in tallagh, cabra, ballyfermot? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

it's a rubbish idea and it definitely won't make future wannabee jihadists think twice about travelling.

It's a perfectly sensible approach actually ,
    If you decide your a jihadist and go off to be a terrorist in a foreign state ,
    You should automatically be stripped of any citizenship and other protections brought on through asylum or other claims,
    No right to return or legal respresentation ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭enricoh

Halloween in tallagh, cabra, ballyfermot? :rolleyes:

All hotbeds of muslim extremism many of who's sons did their bit for jihad in syria!

• Advertisement

Similar scenes in Saint Denis, over 100 cars torched.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

enricoh wrote: »
    All hotbeds of muslim extremism many of who's sons did their bit for jihad in syria!

No, I'm saying thats what you would see in those places on that night.

OMFG Some Muslim lads set fire to the rubbish on the streets, close the world down!

I was expecting riots and looting :rolleyes:

I think that Muslims just have a very different culture to us and it can be very challenging to co exist in society.

I've worked in leadership positions alongside female leaders were Muslim employees caused chaos because they hated / refused to take orders from female leaders. They were very tricky situations to manage and females often left due to the stress of it. Any Muslim working in our society needs to be aware that we treat women as equal.

There was also a Muslim I knew quite well that just couldn't accept that one of my other friends was gay. He refused to associate with anybody that was gay.

These kind of experiences along with the many terrorist attacks have made me reluctant to mix with Muslims anymore than I need to.

I get the feeling that a lot of them don't agree with our way of living but are forced here to escape their own countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Africans are notorious for sharing taxi plates this is known, the pakistanis are at it aswell.

yes, some africans and others, probably including some of our own as well, are commiting fraud in relation to taxi driving, and they should be caught and dealt with.
    Look how long its taken for the gardai to identify the pakistani rapist taxi driver there recently, and they still havent caught him.

yes it is quite unfortunate that they are taking a bit of time to catch this taxi driver, but i'm sure the gardai are doing all that they can to catch him.
    This makes people uncomfortable im sure you can understand that?

yes, however when being uncomfortable boils over to more then simply being uncomfortable, then there is a problem.
    Also it is up to me who i give my money to, if like weldoninho said, i wanted to give my money to a fellow Irish man it doesnt mean that i hate blacks and im a racist.

not automatically. however if you are making the decisian based simply on ethnicity/race as i said, then i can in no way see how that wouldn't be racist.
    Gatling wrote: »
    It's a perfectly sensible approach actually ,
    If you decide your a jihadist and go off to be a terrorist in a foreign state ,
    You should automatically be stripped of any citizenship and other protections brought on through asylum or other claims,
    No right to return or legal respresentation ,

no . otherwise the fabric of justice and fairness will slowly be eroded. once you allow things like this for those you don't like, eventually the criteria will grow and eventually such rules will effect us all for the smallest of things. human rights, fairness and justice must exist at all costs

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I must check out flights to Nigeria and when I land ask for asylum and a council house. I will forge a few documents and then buy an old banger and set myself up as a taxi driver. I’m quite sure I will be a welcome white face and all the locals will be delighted to travel with me. I will shout racist if anyone even asks where I am from.
    I wont have a clue where I am going but I can stop the car and ask locals for directions when I get lost.
    Wish me luck, it will be an adventure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

tretorn wrote: »
    I must check out flights to Nigeria and when I land ask for asylum and a council house. I will forge a few documents and then buy an old banger and set myself up as a taxi driver. I’m quite sure I will be a welcome white face and all the locals will be delighted to travel with me. I will shout racist if anyone even asks where I am from.
    I wont have a clue where I am going but I can stop the car and ask locals for directions when I get lost.
    Wish me luck, it will be an adventure.
    Bye now. Don't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Ireland had similar attitudes to women as Muslim countries do and some people in authority are still of that generation.

Please elaborate.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I don’t think anyone has been beheaded while still alive in Ireland and while women covered their heads in church no Irish women ever dressed like a walking postbox while out in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

Well, some people don't crap their pants because of a few families from Syria. And in the end your point has been noted, considered and rejected. In the end it's thankfully not up to you, but feel free to keep bleating on about it.

In fact, Ruskies are very racist. The more East you go in Europe the worse. From Poland, to Ukraine and Russia it becomes progressively worse. So no surprise with our Kremlin bot fella here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

McGiver wrote: »
    In fact, Ruskies are very racist. The more East you go in Europe the worse. From Poland, to Ukraine and Russia it becomes progressively worse. So no surprise with our Kremlin bot fella here.

Go east from Greece and the crap really hits the fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

And here we go.... https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/manchester-stabbings-suspect-assessed-for-mental-health-issues-1.3745181

Can’t believe it took a full 24 hours to roll out the Mental Health narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

Go east from Greece and the crap really hits the fan.

The same applies to the Balkans, the more East you go the worse it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

The same applies to the Balkans, the more East you go the worse it gets.

The Balkans. Where the east meets west and the Christian majority turns to the Islam majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 allmight

Yeah, and labeling the whole nations isn't racist at all. Nothing unusual from the leftists though. Go home, you're drunk.

http://www.brusselstimes.com/belgium/politics/13208/he-came-he-saw-and-he-left-impressed
    Macron impressed by Molenbeek

:D:D:D

Sure some bad areas in Ireland are like that on Halloween night but the question remains......why do we want any more of it? Especially knowing how much effort is put into improving these areas and getting nowhere over decade + timeframes

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Import an inferior culture, become an inferior culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Import an inferior culture, become an inferior culture.

The crap you guys spout would not be out of place in Mein Kampf tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

That’s what is wrong with this country , we have an ethnic group in rush , lusk , balbriggan running a muck and when you say anything you are a “ racist “

We have 1000’s of homeless on the street and can’t look after them , but sure no probs let in these families who i’ll 100 % be sure will not add anything positive to society

Look after your own before somebody elses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

batgoat wrote: »

He’s right tho

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »

how would you rate islamic culture versus irish/western culture? superior or inferior?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement