Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

tretorn wrote: »
    No, of course there are bad apples in every profession but most Irish men manage to live alongside their fellow human beings without expecting some of them to dress head to toe in uncomfortable clothing so they wont draw male attention.

Irish men for the most part are respectful of women and they know rape is a serious crime that will have consequences.

Many of these non nationals are coming from countries where if you are raped its your own fault and women wont even report it, rapists will then commit this crime repeatedly and will never get caught. You have people coming to this country having been brought up to think anyone not covered up is worthless and she is available for whatever use men want to put her to.

As I said be careful around strangers whose culture and way of life is alien to you and definitely dont get into a locked moving vehicle with them.

I see there was another stabbing by someone shouting Allah in Manchester, the UK has become a very unpleasant place to live.

You have quite a rose tinted view of Irish men. I'm sure the Spanish student who was raped over 21 hours in the Irish Bottle Glass grounds may not agree with you. Or Ana Kriegel. Or Justine Valdez. Based on your logic, a foreign person in Ireland should avoid white men because that's who is most likely to kill them. But we don't use those examples as an indicator of what Irish men are do we? We accept that some men are just bad, no matter their colour or nationality. But for some reason, you have no issue painting all foreigners based on the actions of a few. Can I safely assume you have the tendencies of Larry Murphy because you share his nationality? Can I assume you don't believe in marital rape because you come from a country where it was only recognised as a crime in the 90's? Or that you think blasphemy should be a punishable crime because it was only removed from our constitution last year?

batgoat wrote: »
    Eh, we have plenty of Irish people who say it's a woman's own fault that she was raped. We have plenty of Irish people on this forum who are happy to make plenty of judgements of rape victims. Look at George Hook, attacked more than one rape victim for which he's applauded by plenty for being a non pc voice.

You're intent on portraying non white people as barbarians while white Irish men are saints for the most part apparently.

It's not like we have people queuing up to shake the hand of a convicted rapist in court. Oh .. wait

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ireland had similar attitudes to women as Muslim countries do and some people in authority are still of that generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Who is portraying anyone as barbarians, stop over reacting.

There is something septic at the heart of Muslim beliefs and women get a very raw deal.

Women in Ireland have equal opportunities in very walk of life and our laws reflect what the majority of Irish people want, equality regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

I wouldnt even take a holiday in a Muslim country, even Turkey is being dragged back to the fifteenth century. I have no wish to see large scale immigration of people who have no respect for the rule of Law in Western tolerant liberal democracies. They dont and wont ever belong here so best to make sure they dont get in.

There is plenty of room in other Muslim countries for Syrians so no need for them to come to Ireland at all. Each of the families coming will require a house provided by the Irish taxpayer and some Irish families are waiting over a decade for a house. How is this fair.

You have quite a rose tinted view of Irish men. I'm sure the Spanish student who was raped over 21 hours in the Irish Bottle Glass grounds may not agree with you. Or Ana Kriegel. Or Justine Valdez. Based on your logic, a foreign person in Ireland should avoid white men because that's who is most likely to kill them. But we don't use those examples as an indicator of what Irish men are do we? We accept that some men are just bad, no matter their colour or nationality. But for some reason, you have no issue painting all foreigners based on the actions of a few. Can I safely assume you have the tendencies of Larry Murphy because you share his nationality? Can I assume you don't believe in marital rape because you come from a country where it was only recognised as a crime in the 90's? Or that you think blasphemy should be a punishable crime because it was only removed from our constitution last year?

Muslim women do avoid Irish men, they wont even shake the hand of an Irish man.

Their lives wouldnt be worth living if they had a relationship with someone outside the Muslim community, their father, brother or Uncle would avenge their families honour by murdering them. Women have no rights under Sharia law so if you marry a Muslim man not only are you his property, your children are too and you have no rights in any custody battle.

Stick to your own sort of people, Western European natives and their lifestyle is not compatible with that of people who adhere to the Koran, it never has been and it doesnt matter how much expense is made to ease integration of Muslims, hundreds and hundreds of Muslims left Europe to go and play war games in Syria and now that they have been routed out these "warriors" will now be making their way back "home". If any of them can be identified their citizenship should be stripped from them, it wont be possible for the security forces to identify and track them all so let them stay in whatever ****hole they have created for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That's a lie
    Their lives wouldnt be worth living if they had a relationship with someone outside the Muslim community, their father, brother or Uncle would avenge their families honour by murdering them. Women have no rights under Sharia law so if you marry a Muslim man not only are you his property, your children are too and you have no rights in any custody battle.

That's anither lie
    Stick to your own sort of people, Western European natives and their lifestyle is not compatible with that of people who adhere to the Koran, it never has been and it doesnt matter how much expense is made to ease integration of Muslims, hundreds and hundreds of Muslims left Europe to go and play war games in Syria and now that they have been routed out these "warriors" will now be making their way back "home". If any of them can be identified their citizenship should be stripped from them, it wont be possible for the security forces to identify and track them all so let them stay in whatever ****hole they have created for themselves.

And that bit right there is why people (rightly) call you a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

When you wueue in a shop in Bray and you are the only non national there you know there is a problem.
    You go into Dublin city centre and half the people on the bus are non national, the whole city is full of foreigners so much so that you leave early and dont go back.
    You drive past schools in West Dublin and the entire primary school appears to be black. There is a big secondary school near Blanchardstown shopping centre and hardly any white teens at school closing time either.
    We have no idea of the numbers coming in except what we see ourselves. The official figure is 12 per cent of the population is non national but they make up 33 per cent of the homeless numbers, 12 percent is probably the official number, like the travellers the true number is multiples of that.
    I wont get into a taxi with a non national but all taxis late at night in Dublin are being driven by non nationals, where are Irish taxi drivers gone.

funny how it's always those with an agenda who are seeing hords of the people they have an issue with.
    if someone leaves the city early and decides not to go back on the basis of seeing foreigners, or refuses to take a taxi because it's simply being driven by a foreign national, that says to the majority of decent people as to the type of people those mentioned actually are.
    12% being the official figure of foreign nationals but being 33% of the homeless figure is possible. the 12% as a whole is greater then the 33% of homeless. as for the irish taxi drivers, they are very much out in force, driving at day in some cases, and at night in others.
    I dunno.

I think if the poor girl who had takentoo much to drink had been picked up by an irish taxi driver he would have made sure she got home safely.

and then again there is the chance he may not have. because guess what, it's not ethnicity that dictates the type of person someone is
    She was picked up by a person from an Asian background and raped orally and vaginally for over two hours. If you take a taxi at night time in Dublin now youa re getting into a car with someone who may not have been vetted correctly, all the foreigners look the same so a picture stuck on the dashboard isnt much use to you, it could be anyone with any sort of dubious background.

so no different to any other group of drivers.
    You need to look after your own personal safety because with the numbers coming in and from countries where records dont exist vetting is impossible.

one needs to look after their personal safety regardless. nothing to do with foreigners. however the reason you won't get into a taxi driver with a foreigner isn't about personal safety is it. it's about the fact they are foreign nationals in the first place.
    I will make up my own mind and strongly advise people to make sure to get the last bus or Luas home, better to be safe than sorry.

I dont care if that makes me a racist, most of the non nationals here are racist too, they prefer to stick to their own communities and are only here because Ireland provides a better lifestyle than the countries they have left.

i presume you have met every single foreigner and followed them around?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

You mustn't look around you much when your out do you?

i do, but i certainly don't specifically focus on looking at foreign nationals so that i can then claim there is unlimited immigration, or that we are being swamp/invaded, or that there is a white genocide and we are going to be a minority or even wiped out.
    so yeah, i look around, and i do see foreigners, but not in a number that suggests we have open borders or unlimited immigration, as the facts show otherwise. of course to some any foreigner will be unlimited immigration or an invasion, but that says it all about them, really.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ah the usual dismissive tactic of the liberals

It's not "racist" to point out things you see around you.

correct, it isn't. however it very much is racist to specifically point out seeing a number of foreigners, and to then on the basis of having an issue with foreigners in general, engage in hyperbole in relation to the numbers you see, with a view to pushing an anti-foreigner agenda.

sharia law has no relevance in ireland. muslim women do shake the hands of irish people. the odd one may not, but that's up to them.
    how many times have you read the Koran? as i've said before, it's amazing how so many anti-islam types are such experts when it comes to the islamic holy book and it's teachings. they are (in their head) able to quote chapter and verse.
    if any of those who have gone to fight in syria are born in a particular country then their citizenship can't be stripped. if not then there is the question of whether the country of birth will have them and if they don't want them, then the citizenship can't be stripped as quite rightly it's illegal to make someone stateless, which in turn prevents countries from getting out of their responsibilities.

Its terrible to think Irish people will be paying more for houses now that County Councils will be bidding against working irish people for houses to accomodate non nationals.

This wouldnt be a problem if we were a big rich country like Germany where non nationals with feudal beliefs can be dispersed so they have no choice but to live within the cultural norms of the natives who lets face it have successful well governed countries. We cant even house our own people born and bred here so why cant the EU mandarins understand this and stop forcing us to take refugees. The refugees dont want to come here anyway and thats before they even see Ballaghaderreen or Moville or whatever God forsaken place they are sent to, they want to go to Germany or the UK and neither of those countries want any more refugees, particularly Muslim ones. They feel they have taken their fair share and they have but Merkel opened the door and Germany is now bullying smaller member States to take whatever else is coming.

Its absolutely horrible walking around French and German cities now, bollards everywhere people gather and armed policemen in airports and train stations and you know you arent safe anywhere.

One can only imagine why foreign folk may have an issue integrating. I wonder has it anything to do with the people actively avoiding and excluding them and encouraging others to do the same?

• Advertisement

i do, but i certainly don't specifically focus on looking at foreign nationals so that i can then claim there is unlimited immigration, or that we are being swamp/invaded, or that there is a white genocide and we are going to be a minority or even wiped out.
    so yeah, i look around, and i do see foreigners, but not in a number that suggests we have open borders or unlimited immigration, as the facts show otherwise. of course to some any foreigner will be unlimited immigration or an invasion, but that says it all about them, really.

correct, it isn't. however it very much is racist to specifically point out seeing a number of foreigners, and to then on the basis of having an issue with foreigners in general, engage in hyperbole in relation to the numbers you see, with a view to pushing an anti-foreigner agenda.

sharia law has no relevance in ireland. muslim women do shake the hands of irish people. the odd one may not, but that's up to them.
    how many times have you read the Koran? as i've said before, it's amazing how so many anti-islam types are such experts when it comes to the islamic holy book and it's teachings. they are (in their head) able to quote chapter and verse.
    if any of those who have gone to fight in syria are born in a particular country then their citizenship can't be stripped. if not then there is the question of whether the country of birth will have them and if they don't want them, then the citizenship can't be stripped as quite rightly it's illegal to make someone stateless, which in turn prevents countries from getting out of their responsibilities.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-australia-recruiter/australia-strips-citizenship-from-alleged-islamic-state-recruiter-idUSKCN1OS007

Australia has stripped the citizenship rights of one of these terrorists, this was the most positive piece of newsprint I read recently. The Australians have the courage of the convictions, they wont stand by and have their way oflife destroyed by anyone.

Its is heartening that Denmark is growing a spine too, the appeasement has got to stop, it gets us nowhere, the Muslims just think we are pushovers and are basically laughing at us. Any I have met have an annoying arrogance and air of superiority but really there isnt a country in the Middle East apart from Israel that isnt an unholy mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I was in Berlin only a few months back Tretorn, had a lovely time. No problems and wasn't a terrible dystopia strangely.

Its terrible to think Irish people will be paying more for houses now that County Councils will be bidding against working irish people for houses to accomodate non nationals.

This wouldnt be a problem if we were a big rich country like Germany where non nationals with feudal beliefs can be dispersed so they have no choice but to live within the cultural norms of the natives who lets face it have successful well governed countries. We cant even house our own people born and bred here so why cant the EU mandarins understand this and stop forcing us to take refugees. The refugees dont want to come here anyway and thats before they even see Ballaghaderreen or Moville or whatever God forsaken place they are sent to, they want to go to Germany or the UK and neither of those countries want any more refugees, particularly Muslim ones. They feel they have taken their fair share and they have but Merkel opened the door and Germany is now bullying smaller member States to take whatever else is coming.

Its absolutely horrible walking around French and German cities now, bollards everywhere people gather and armed policemen in airports and train stations and you know you arent safe anywhere.

i wonder did the bollards come in handy in Germany?

A MAN HAS been arrested in Germany after ploughing his car into a crowd of people early today, injuring at least four in what appears to have been an intentional attack directed at foreigners, police have said.

https://www.thejournal.ie/germany-bottrop-car-4419366-Jan2019/

I guess, by your logic, as you hold the same anti foreigner view point as him, you have no issue being associated with this attack?

I dont condone any attacks but the vast vast majority of attacks against innocent civilians in Europe have been carried out by Muslims who dont like the way of Life in Europe.

Well, the solution to that is very simple, go and live in a Muslim country because no matter how much you bomb and terrorise us who live by the Rule of Law you will never get us to bow to your feudal beliefs and Europeans are increasingly looking to our leaders to stop appeasement. Far right radical groups are growing in numbers everywhere, Italy being a country that has gone almost full circle and Italy hasnt even suffered major attacks. I read somewhere that the Italian security services have undesirables watched twenty four hours of the day and they operate a shoot to kill policy.If this is true it is working, Italy hasnt seen the same bloodshed as Spain, France, Germany,Brussels and the UK. Italy also succeeded in getting Libya to take people off boats and stop them getting on Italian soil and now all those NGOS and their charities are now pulling out of the Mediterranean taxi service, about time too, this nonsense was allowed to go on too long.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/12/migrant-rescue-ships-mediterranean

I was reading about all the babies born at midnight in Ireland and its lovely to see they are all Irish with lovely Irish names, its so much more interesting to read about your own people. I watched the programme about the Rotunda maternity hospital a few months ago and most of the babies born and filmed were to non nationals, it was a worrying programme to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

I dont condone any attacks but the vast vast majority of attacks against innocent civilians in Europe have been carried out by Muslims who dont like the way of Life in Europe.

Well, the solution to that is very simple, go and live in a Muslim country because no matter how much you bomb and terrorise us who live by the Rule of Law you will never get us to bow to your feudal beliefs and Europeans are increasingly looking to our leaders to stop appeasement. Far right radical groups are growing in numbers everywhere, Italy being a country that has gone almost full circle and Italy hasnt even suffered major attacks. I read somewhere that the Italian security services have undesirables watched twenty four hours of the day and they operate a shoot to kill policy.If this is true it is working, Italy hasnt seen the same bloodshed as Spain, France, Germany,Brussels and the UK. Italy also succeeded in getting Libya to take people off boats and stop them getting on Italian soil and now all those NGOS and their charities are now pulling out of the Mediterranean taxi service, about time too, this nonsense was allowed to go on too long.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/12/migrant-rescue-ships-mediterranean

I was reading about all the babies born at midnight in Ireland and its lovely to see they are all Irish with lovely Irish names, its so much more interesting to read about your own people. I watched the programme about the Rotunda maternity hospital a few months ago and most of the babies born and filmed were to non nationals, it was a worrying programme to watch.

Some of those babies might well be looking after you in your old age. Paying taxes for ypur pension amd working as doctors or in hospitals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

What a horrible world you live in.
    You have a lot of monsters living in your head.
    You should consider seeking help.

In the same post you boast about living by the Rule of Law and cheer on a shoot to kill policy you hear might be in operation. Your posts are just loaded with hypocrisy.

In any case, it doesn't matter if you condone an attack or not. As your beliefs appear to be the same as the man who drove into the crowd we can assume it is something you are likely to do. You should really be banned from driving vehicles. I'm just using your logic now. Let me know if you see a flaw in it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

One can only imagine why foreign folk may have an issue integrating. I wonder has it anything to do with the people actively avoiding and excluding them and encouraging others to do the same?

In lesser parts of the nation sure. In university, im close friends with a pole, a filipino, a french and an american. Theyre all doing something with their lives, and contributing to irish society. Definitely more than some natives

The Rule of Law applies to people who abide by the rules laid down by society.

If someone stashes grenades to be used against me and my family while we attend a christmas market or someone intends detonating a suicide belt to kill infidels in the name of Allah or some prophet then its shoot first and ask questions later.

I am all for citizenship rights to be taken from any Muslims who lived in Ireland and left here to fight for ISIS in Syria. If the current Laws prevent us from stripping these people of citizenship then we can hold a referendum proposing that we confer on ourselves the right to stop these people coming back. I have no doubt most Irish people would vote to strip citizenship, its a very good idea and it might make future wannabee jihadists think twice about travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I don't know why you're getting so defensive about this. That persons post was just racist. There's no American politics or white guilt at play here.

Dude literally says he won't get in a cab with a non-national because they're a not white/Irish.

It’s racist to want to give your money to a fellow Irishman rather than a foreigner??

If you need a job done at home, and you know a painter, plumber or brickie would you give them a call or in the interests of diversity would you call around for a quote from various companies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Billy86 wrote: »
    It is point blank racist to say you wouldn't get a taxi solely on the basis of the drivers ethnicity. Pretending that is not is very telling.

Since when did race and ethnicity become interchangeable? The English and Irish are two different ethnic groups, but are they different races?

The Rule of Law applies to people who abide by the rules laid down by society.

no, it applies to absolutely everyone living in a society, whether they choose to abide by those rules or not. those who choose not to abide by the rules are brought before the courts and dealt with accordingly as is correct.
    If someone stashes grenades to be used against me and my family while we attend a christmas market or someone intends detonating a suicide belt to kill infidels in the name of Allah or some prophet then its shoot first and ask questions later.

not automatically.
    I am all for citizenship rights to be taken from any Muslims who lived in Ireland and left here to fight for ISIS in Syria.

why just them? if such people are born here their citizenship can't be removed. if their birth country refuses to take them their citizenship can't be removed.
    If the current Laws prevent us from stripping these people of citizenship then we can hold a referendum proposing that we confer on ourselves the right to stop these people coming back.

i'm sure we could, however we have better things to do, and we already have the relevant tools to deal with such people. they are called court and jail upon their return, and for those with irish citizenship not born here, deportation to their birth country as long as they are willing to except them. however, simply not allowing people to come back is not an option, and puts the rest of the world at risk, for which if such people caried out an attack, we would be heavily punished not just for making someone stateless, but for essentially sherking our responsibility and allowing a threat cary out an attack that we could have prevented.
    I have no doubt most Irish people would vote to strip citizenship, its a very good idea and it might make future wannabee jihadists think twice about travelling.

it's a rubbish idea and it definitely won't make future wannabee jihadists think twice about travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

enricoh wrote: »
    Stayed in a hotel in Croydon in London last year, a multicultural melting pot to which many of our lefty boards members aspire to.
    To go for a pint one needed their passport scanned, patted downfor weapons and facial recognition yoke to take a snap. Rival gangs killing each other being the reason.
    An ideal weekend break for the leftys, but be warned if yer white u may experience a bit of the aul racism if in the wrong bar!

So to have a pint in Croydon you need to do that everywhere? Utter rubbish. You went to a sh*thole establishment, which one can find anywhere.

Your idea that Croydon is some no-go area where white people are set upon is a lie to be honest mate.

It’s racist to want to give your money to a fellow Irishman rather than a foreigner?? If you need a job done at home, and you know a painter, plumber or brickie would you give them a call or in the interests of diversity would you call around for a quote from various companies?

actually, it can be yes . if you refuse to use the services of a foreign national because of their nationality, skin colour, race, ethnicity, or because you have issues with foreign nationals in general or specific other foreign nationals, then that is racist. if you refuse to use the service of a particular foreign national because you used them before and they didn't do a good job, then that wouldn't be racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭airy fairy

actually, it can be yes . if you refuse to use the services of a foreign national because of their nationality, skin colour, race, ethnicity, or because you have issues with foreign nationals in general or specific other foreign nationals, then that is racist. if you refuse to use the service of a particular foreign national because you used them before and they didn't do a good job, then that wouldn't be racist.

But you know if you do refuse a foreign national because of doing a previous bad job, the racist card gets pulled out very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

I think calling tretorn a racist is a little unfair, if you walk around some areas of Dublin you could be forgiven for thinking you where in a foreign country. The last 20 years has seen rapid change in Ireland especially Dublin and not everyone is as comfortable as others with the o
    pace of the change.

As for him not getting in a taxi with non nationals, yes that could be seen as racist but has anyone asked him why he feels that way before branding him racist?

I know a number of females who wont under any circumstances get in taxis with African drivers, they just arent comfortable with it. There isnt a racist bone in their bodies either. Its not racist to want to be around your own people, id prefer an Irish taxi man but i wouldn't refuse any taxi that pulled over for me.

I work in the hospitality industry and i can tell you im getting more and more negative feedback from tourists as the years have gone by. A lot are shocked when they come to Dublin expecting an 'Irish experience' its far from it. Americans and Brits should have no problem being understood in English speaking Ireland, but this is one of the main complaints i hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭enricoh

20Cent wrote: »
    Some of those babies might well be looking after you in your old age. Paying taxes for ypur pension amd working as doctors or in hospitals.

They may well do, who knows what the future holds.
    However, at the moment foreigners are almost 3 times as likely to be homeless as native irish. At least they'll keep the homeless industry going strong, eh. Paddy the taxpayer will keep picking up the tab.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/almost-one-third-of-newly-homeless-families-are-non-nationals-

Just under a third (321) of the families were non-Irish – compared with 12 per cent in the general population and there was a higher percentage of families with four or more children (11 per cent) in homelessness than in the general population (7 per cent)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

enricoh wrote: »
    They may well do, who knows what the future holds.
    However, at the moment foreigners are almost 3 times as likely to be homeless as native irish. At least they'll keep the homeless industry going strong, eh. Paddy the taxpayer will keep picking up the tab.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/almost-one-third-of-newly-homeless-families-are-non-nationals-

Just under a third (321) of the families were non-Irish – compared with 12 per cent in the general population and there was a higher percentage of families with four or more children (11 per cent) in homelessness than in the general population (7 per cent)

Of course a newly arrived refugee is going to need help. They probably arrive with very little resources. Takes time for them to establish themselves and get up and running. No reason to think they will be living off the state for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Odhinn

...but you're not a racist, xenophobe etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...but you're not a racist, xenophobe etc..

Nothing in that post was racist or xenophobic. I just laugh when i see people play this race card all the time, theres no thought going into what you are posting at all.

Do you not ever want to try understand why people think differently than you? It Seems you just want to shut them down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement