Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kildareash wrote: »
    them?

You can't collectively describe them. The office has no influence on what the drivers deem to do and not do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

ED E wrote: »
    You can't collectively describe them. The office has no influence on what the drivers deem to do and not do.

Any helpful suggestions of what I can do to find out where my package is then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Any helpful suggestions of what I can do to find out where my package is then?

The only thing you can do is to drop into their delivery centre. You might just walk out with the parcel. But you have an equal chance of seeing a staff member wearing it, if it's an item of clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Does anybody know it this crowd will be delivering over the weekend or on Monday? Only just realised my (late) package is being delivered by them :(

Does anybody know it this crowd will be delivering over the weekend or on Monday? Only just realised my (late) package is being delivered by them :(

Have you looked up your local area on facebook?
    I found a mobile number for my area today and got my package. The tracking said out for delivery for the 3rd day. The driver claimed it wasn't on his paperwork but when he looked in the back of the van it was there! Amazing!
    Hope you get your package.

• Advertisement

Have you looked up your local area on facebook?
    I found a mobile number for my area today and got my package. The tracking said out for delivery for the 3rd day. The driver claimed it wasn't on his paperwork but when he looked in the back of the van it was there! Amazing!
    Hope you get your package.

That's great! Delighted for you - You were lucky the driver had a root around the van!

When I look them up on Facebook, all I can find is Fastway Couriers Ireland. No numbers or anything. What did you search for? My package is at the depot in Hawkes Bay in Dublin. I might take a spin over in the morning on the off chance they're working the weekend

That's great! Delighted for you - You were lucky the driver had a root around the van!

When I look them up on Facebook, all I can find is Fastway Couriers Ireland. No numbers or anything. What did you search for? My package is at the depot in Hawkes Bay in Dublin. I might take a spin over in the morning on the off chance they're working the weekend

I think i just searched for fastway and seen a page for facebook carlow and it happened to have an email and phone no on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I guess it's depot dependent, as they're a franchise operation.

My local Fastway driver is great, and she delivered stuff to us in north County Dublin last Sunday.

Looks like they are delivering today in Dublin anyway. My parcel is moving through all the stages this morning and it's out for delivery now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I placed a substantial order with Sports Direct (just over €100) and it was eventually shipped via Fastway.

I got a call around lunch time, with a driver saying he couldn't find my address (it's easy to find) and refused to go back or to drop it to my office. He said he'd leave it back to the depot and the usual driver would deliver it Monday.

I check the tracker to see it's been "delivered and signed for" this evening... except it catagorically hasn't. No one in the house has seen it. We have CCTV in the complex, so I might even check this out.

I just put in a support request to Fastway but am looking here for advise on how to resolve this ASAP as I'm conscious it's a substantial order. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Is it possible that it means it has been delivered to the depot and the driver has signed for it in the depot, as that’s where he said he was bringing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Is it possible that it means it has been delivered to the depot and the driver has signed for it in the depot, as that’s where he said he was bringing it.

I hope that’s the case. But surely their “technology” will show a scab saying “returned to depot.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I just put in a support request to Fastway but am looking here for advise on how to resolve this ASAP as I'm conscious it's a substantial order. Cheers.

I don't think thee is a quick way to resolve it.

Fastway don't seem to have any phone support and you never when an email might be answered.

Their website should have the depot location. You should see I they are open today.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Had a coat to be delivered by fastway last year,was signed for and delivered,but was not to my address,phoned the delivery guy and he said sorry its in number 8".so on down to number 8 and no nothing,took me a few days to drag it oiut of him that number 8 was a house not even on my road,also had conversations with people on my road where they told me fastway had left there packages in there bins,and behind there garden bushes and the likes,oh and when i phoned i was always number 20 in line,got to number one and would be cut off,when i did get my coat back it was in the back garden of a house 3 roads down,he threw it across the wrong fence and signed for it himself,useless..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I had a similar situation just before Christmas. It said it was delivered 'left in secure location' on a Thursday afternoon. The courier turned up with it on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I was just able to tell one of my companies suppliers to not send Fastway near our office again if they wanted us to keep buying from them.... I can't tell you how satisfying that was!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I bought something online and they chose Fastway for delivery. Got an email saying it had been delivered. Phoned my wife who was at home all day, and noone had come to the door. She had, however watched a Fastway van park outside our house and the driver brought a package to our neighbour without coming near our house. I went to the tracking site and could see that our neighbour had signed for it...

Great work there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I've bought between last Wednesday and the weekend. According to the seller my deliveries are supposed to arrive Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

It was only late on Monday that I realised (after the tracking on a couple of items updated) that the courier is Fastway.:(

Not a hope I see any of it this week.:mad:

And I'm not blaming our usual Fastway delivery guy - he is is a decent chap, I told him just before Christmas that there was a long overdue package and he called the main hub to find it and brought it to me on his way home. It is the depots that are a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Yes the depots are a mess, there appears to be next to no communication between them and this coupled with Fastways refusal to provide any form of decent service to try to track parcels down and sort issues out are what have lead to this thread. There is no phone number that can be called to contact anyone and they might respond to their email system anything up to 4 days after you send them an email and you'll be waiting another 4 days if you have to respond to their response.

Most of the drivers are perfectly nice people that have been given way too much to manage to deliver any given day and because of this they're willing to dump parcels anywhere they can to simply get them off their vans. Some on the other hand are simply pr**ks.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I have been expecting a delivery via fastway and only heard how bad they are after I ordered. Tracking says my package was delivered to a 'safe location' but no note left and no phone call at all. Had my eircode on the delivery so it's not as if it would have been hard to find. Not sure when I'll see it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

If there is a Laura somewhere in Dublin that has signed for a package, pleas let me know.

That is all I have to go on with fast way. Says my item is delivered and signed for on the website. No other details.

I have a 2nd parcel from same on the way, who knows will get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Any one living in Druid Valley waiting for a small packet??? it got delivered to New vale....nowhere near Druid Valley, yup, Fastway.
    How do you actually return that, find a fastway driver and throw it at him and leg it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

selous wrote: »
    Any one living in Druid Valley waiting for a small packet??? it got delivered to New vale....nowhere near Druid Valley, yup, Fastway.
    How do you actually return that, find a fastway driver and throw it at him and leg it?

If it was from Amazon then you should find the phone number of the intended recipient. Its not always part of the address but it should be on the label somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

selous wrote: »

Look at it as a gift from Fastway. :D

They really are a hopless crowd. You would think there should be some way to get them shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

my3cents wrote: »
    If it was from Amazon then you should find the phone number of the intended recipient. Its not always part of the address but it should be on the label somewhere.

They really are a hopless crowd. You would think there should be some way to get them shut down.

Not an Amazon packet, it's a blue plastic bag, girl I know got it, not me, I did say pop up and drop it in to the address, tell them how she got it, good deed n stuff, dont know if she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I know one shop that got a delivery of a complete small office server system and laser printer. I think that after storing it for 6 months they ended up using it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

Hello,

Does anyone know what "Unable to deliver out of time" means in regards to Fastway?

One of the items is supposedly in the ROI Hub but none of them have tracking numbers - I'm following the progress on the retailers site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Doesn’t answer your question but out fastway rings doorbell, drops package and runs. Doesn’t even wait for an answer.

Might stick the mat over it.

Doesn’t care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hello,

Does anyone know what "Unable to deliver out of time" means in regards to Fastway?

One of the items is supposedly in the ROI Hub but none of them have tracking numbers - I'm following the progress on the retailers site.

Out of time usually means the drivers shift finished before he got to your house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

how.gareth wrote: »
    Out of time usually means the drivers shift finished before he got to your house

The phrase appeared on an item overnight.

I saw at 10pm it in the ROI hub, I woke up and checked and said "out of time"

Advertisement