Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

enricoh wrote: »
    Deliver your parcel at the weekend, no chance! All businesses are closed n van will be clogged. They have a depot where u can collect yourself Saturday mornings.
    Yeah, couriers are in a race to the bottom, all that matters is price, cheapest gets the gig.
    The cheapest dont tend to splash out on help desks etc!

Yet Fastway is always the one that keeps on popping up. There’s no other courier service that causes me to groan when I see who will be delivering my package.
    Will he even knock the door?
    Will he stick it in the wheelie bin?
    Will he be filling out the “sorry we missed you” on the way up my driveway?
    Will he hand it to a kid on the street and ask if they know me?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

The company I work for uses Fastway to take product from our labs at 6am and 6pm. I can't comment about the night shift drivers but I have had to step in several times to ask the drivers to leave the premises when they turn up over an hour early, enter the premises as they have the door codes. Pretty much sneak past management and tell people working in dispatch that they had a call to collect early. Essentially putting pressure on the girls to get them on the road up to two hours early.
    This of course is the last run of their day but I don't get to pick and choose my work hours especially when I'm contacted to do certain hours. extra hours production delivered really impacts our delivering performance. It's not an in house decesion to use then, if it was they would be gone months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have used them both directions and never had a problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod merge - 5 different threads on page one alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

https://www.facebook.com/foilarmsandhog/videos/554706588319914/?eid=ARBL7xZ4vaAmnHerx_jeY7eAcOJMr52NdgvbQLPbTsNd6cs3r3iPoQC7IQEATMsPVoCIsxm9meAsmrnB

Why does this fit Fastway so well... that's assuming they even get to the door in the first place, which in my experience, they never do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorikeet111

Package never came from Sports direct, email to say Fastway have delivered it. I never signed for it and fastway refuse to reply to any of my questions.... Some service

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Package never came from Sports direct, email to say Fastway have delivered it. I never signed for it and fastway refuse to reply to any of my questions.... Some service

If you live in the countryside. Check your local shop. They've been known to just throw them there out of convenience

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

As above places to check are

Bins
    Over gates/fences (Does not need to be your Garden, wouldnt put it past time throwing it in the wrong one)
    In any bushes you might have in your garden
    With Neibhours
    Local Shops
    Under Mats(Tends to stand out)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Make a complaint to Sports Direct. You'll get close to zero customer service from Fastway, who will just fob you off that the man in the van is an independent trader, so nothing to do with them (despite seemingly being paid by them and delivering on their behalf and often having their logo plastered on the side of the van).

Another option is to take them to small claims court, which I have now done twice, and won both times, due to their ineptitude. You'll have to find out the exact front company to take the claim against (it was SPEEDKING COURIERS LIMITED t/a FASTWAY COURIERS MIDLANDS in my case). Costs €25, all done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Another option is to take them to small claims court, which I have now done twice, and won both times, due to their ineptitude. You'll have to find out the exact front company to take the claim against (it was SPEEDKING COURIERS LIMITED t/a FASTWAY COURIERS MIDLANDS in my case). Costs €25, all done online.

You probably didnt have standing to take those cases despite winning. If they'd bothered to challenge it you'd have failed (assuming you are the recipient not the sender).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Fastway being useless again

Had a parcel delivered yesterday 'delivered to a safe location'

I have no idea where it is. Dublin phone number EDE provided earlier does not work. Found a number for my local depot, doesn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ED E wrote: »
    You probably didnt have standing to take those cases despite winning. If they'd bothered to challenge it you'd have failed (assuming you are the recipient not the sender).
    Without knowing any facet of the cases whatsoever, I'm not sure how you deduce that. They did challenge in one case, and I still won. In the other I had written confirmation from them accepting liability, before they then refused to engage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Without knowing any facet of the cases whatsoever, I'm not sure how you deduce that. They did challenge in one case, and I still won. In the other I had written confirmation from them accepting liability, before they then refused to engage.

Because only the person who is paying for the service can claim. In the OPs case, SD paid the intermediary, who paid the courier to deliver. The small claims action would go against SD, not Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I heard a rumour some months ago, so third party hearsay as judge Judy would say, that An Post won the littlewoods contract when Fastways contract ended with them, true or not I don't know, but probably a little better service than what being said here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

selous wrote: »
    I heard a rumour some months ago, so third party hearsay as judge Judy would say, that An Post won the littlewoods contract when Fastways contract ended with them, true or not I don't know, but probably a little better service than what being said here.

Well if this is the case then the Fastway contract hasn't ended yet as had 5 recent littlewoods deliveries and all were Fastway drivers with different levels of competence!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mi16

Anyone have a dedicated client phone number for Fastway South Dublin that they can PM me?

Impossible to get any sort of reply from the online support. Extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

This is what I had to deal with Fastway.. Many an email to littlewoods and Fastway and not one call from the Fastway delivery driver until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

steven087 wrote: »
    This is what I had to deal with Fastway.. Many an email to littlewoods and Fastway and not one call from the Fastway delivery driver until today.

Happened to me too - between holding deliveries eventhough the same person delivered before ^_^ to being verbally attacked by another of their delivery people I stopped ordering from Littlewoods. It's the only way -because Fastway don't really care what happens to your delivery - maybe Littlewoods will begin to see a pattern if people stop using them!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,331 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Had a delivery from Amazon via Fastway yesterday.
    quick, painless, no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Anyone have a number I can contact in relation to this farcical situation? Would be the midlands hub I would need to contact as delivery address is in Laois.

I have emailed both Sports Direct and Fastway twice now and still no response relating to the actual problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

"We're sorry your parcel has been misdirected between our depots", is just a euphemism for the driver couldn't be bothered.

natc wrote: »
    Anyone have a number I can contact in relation to this farcical situation? Would be the midlands hub I would need to contact as delivery address is in Laois.

I have emailed both Sports Direct and Fastway twice now and still no response relating to the actual problem.

Get on to the supplier. They need to be chasing it up from their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Fastway hub in Laois is in Botley lane in Portarlington. visit them.
    That's a joke that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just do a reverse charge back on card....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Package arrived this morning finally!! It arrived with another package I ordered from a different company using Fastway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Package arrived this morning finally!! It arrived with another package I ordered from a different company using Fastway.

So the driver held on to it until he had a reason to drive out to your area, very typical of Fastway. Really a fault of the whole Fastway franchise system that doesn't pay the driver enough to spend more than a couple of minutes on each drop - that assumes you are off the drivers normal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

anyone use parcel connect recently ?
    i had an item accepted but tracking has said it hasnt been picked up for over a week.
    support wont even respond :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Ordered something of littlewoods 2 weeks ago. On Friday morrning it said is on the van. So I waited in all day. No delivery. Che kad that they deliver on Saturdays.Again o delivery. imagine my surprise when in Sunday night at 9pm I get a knock at the door for delivery from them.. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does anyone have a number for Fastway customer service?

I can't find any on their website.

There is an overdue parcel, the tracking number had no results until late yesterday and it apparently is now in Ireland to be "delivered in 1-2 days" but it almost a week late as it is.

EDIT: The only contact option seems to be online. When they responded yesterday they claimed my parcel had only arrived in Ireland that morning. The email the previous day claimed it was in Ireland too - only way for their statements to be true is that they sent it back to the UK and brought it over again.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm starting to slightly panic now...ordered my husband's Xmas present from Sportsdirect on December 10, for delivery to my office and it still hasn't arrived. Fastway received it on December 17, and I am certain it said it was out for delivery yesterday and now it say out for delivery with today's date. I've screenshot this just incase it doesn't arrive today and changes again tomorrow.
    Office will be closed after tomorrow, so don't know what to do about the parcel. I've messaged fastways online.

Is there any other more effective way of contacting them?

Advertisement