Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Shadows seem to line up with each pass under the gantrys

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Isambard wrote: »
    yep, it's exactly how I drive. Left most available lane. lane 2 and 3 for overtaking. Trouble is all the numpties who think it's OK to drive as you do make it hard to drive how you should (ie you can't always move to lane one when someones hogging lane 2 forcing more cars than necessary to use lane 3.

Who's hogging any lanes in my description above?

Drive in the left most lane, if there's traffic in the left most lane, move to the right. Stay on the right until you are clear of traffic on the left. Don't zip in and out every 8 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Who's hogging any lanes in my description above?

Drive in the left most lane, if there's traffic in the left most lane, move to the right. Stay on the right until you are clear of traffic on the left. Don't zip in and out every 8 seconds.

may as well dig up lane one then

Just to get one car ahead at the lights...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

That was close for the car pulling out of the estate!!!! naturally they would have looked to their right if turning left.

Stupid overtake.

That was close for the car pulling out of the estate!!!! naturally they would have looked to their right if turning left.

Stupid overtake.

True and all for what....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Wailin wrote: »
    Yep, fake.

Video of same clip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

Yeah maybe not fake after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It could be an illusion due to perspective and it might not be as close as it looks. Not too far either, though.

I have done a bit of sailing in Croatia and there was a bridge that we were going under regularly.

Obviously every skipper checks 5 times the height of the mast before going through, but going under it it always looked like we gonna loose our deposit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

boardz wrote: »
    Liffey Valley, I assume? People can never seem to understand how roundabouts work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

These people would have you believe that we just need more lanes...it boggles the mind tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

It all depends on what other traffic is on the road. If I'm overtaking and there's no car behind me closing, then I'll stay in the overtaking lane for those extra 10 seconds. If there's a car closing on me, I'll move left between overtakes.

I don't get that at all? THERE ARE CARS IN LANE 1 TRAVELLING SLOWER THAN YOU.

Jesus how hard is it to grasp. :rolleyes:

I don't get that at all? THERE ARE CARS IN LANE 1 TRAVELLING SLOWER THAN YOU.

Jesus how hard is it to grasp. :rolleyes:

Which lane do you propose the cars that want to drive faster than you drive in?

The difficulty with grasping things seems to be on your end and basic driving knowledge tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

You’d almost miss the roundabout argument at this stage.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Which lane do you propose the cars that want to drive faster than you drive in?

The difficulty with grasping things seems to be on your end and basic driving knowledge tbh.

Faster than me, lane 3 (presuming a 3 laner). If I'm in lane 3, then wait until I move in after I've finished my overtake.

Keep left unless overtaking. If you're overtaking, commit to it. Maintain your speed. Don't keep lane hopping and zig-zagging back and forth between every car on your left, especially not if the lane behind you is empty.

(and you insult my 'basic driving knowledge' :rolleyes:)
    You’d almost miss the roundabout argument at this stage.

This is a different kind of 'roundabout' argument :P

Anyway, I'll stop posting about it now. :)

If I'm in lane 3, then wait until I move in after I've finished my overtake.
    Now you are getting it.
    Any good reason you dont stick to this logic at all times but instead have to be forced into it by someone coming up behind you?
    Do you drive in the oncoming lane if there is nothing coming against you also?
    Keep left unless overtaking. If you're overtaking, commit to it. Maintain your speed. Don't keep lane hopping and zig-zagging back and forth between every car on your left, especially not if the lane behind you is empty.

(and you insult my 'basic driving knowledge' :rolleyes:)
    "keep left unless overtaking" or unless you are KKV you mean?

Can you point out this "commit to it" nonsense anywhere other than in your head?

"lane hopping and zig zagging" is how you are supposed to drive actually, so yes I will question your basic knowledge as perfect driving is what you seem to consider uncommitted driving.

No one says you do it between every car you overtake but if there is enough room to pull in, you pull in, simples.

the_syco wrote: »
    Liffey Valley, I assume? People can never seem to understand how roundabouts work there.

Got it in one....and to prove the point...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7582013/deefb29e/asociale_automans_heeft_haast.html

Must be the brand\model

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7361013/3440d3a3/ik_heb_haast.html

Bonus:
    Helmet cam (forgive me) with discussion Edit: never mind.
    Dolan Baker already posted this here:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

GreeBo wrote: »
    Now you are getting it.
    Any good reason you dont stick to this logic at all times but instead have to be forced into it by someone coming up behind you?
    Do you drive in the oncoming lane if there is nothing coming against you also?

The oncoming lane is the other side of the road FFS. The overtaking lane on a motorway isn't. Fuggin' motorway Gestapo. Would ye ever give it up.

emeldc wrote: »
    The oncoming lane is the other side of the road FFS. The overtaking lane on a motorway isn't. Fuggin' motorway Gestapo. Would ye ever give it up.

The wrong lane is the wrong lane chief.
    I'll give it up when you guys learn how to use the road as it was designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

inforfun wrote: »

A beautiful moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

why are they laughing at the end?
    trucker did nothing wrong.... well apart from not indicating, but he was clearly changing lanes and then the cops made a dickish move trying to skip ahead when they could clearly see the truck was moving out.
    moves like that actually deserve to be pushed into the barrier

did they then throw their weight about telling him to move back over?

Seve OB wrote: »
    why are they laughing at the end?
    trucker did nothing wrong.... well apart from not indicating, but he was clearly changing lanes and then the cops made a dickish move trying to skip ahead when they could clearly see the truck was moving out.
    moves like that actually deserve to be pushed into the barrier

did they then throw their weight about telling him to move back over?
    Looks to me like the truck was blocking the second lane to stop drivers merging iin turn at the end, or jumping the queue as he saw it.

End of the clip you see they were all merging already.
    There is a sign that the left lane will end and while in Ireland that is the sign to speed up and only merge when you are in the hatch markings, in Poland they seem to appreciate it when you just join the queue at the end.
    And try to block you when you want to go queue jumping.
    Just be sure it isnt a police car when you do that.

inforfun wrote: »
    End of the clip you see they were all merging already.
    There is a sign that the left lane will end and while in Ireland that is the sign to speed up and only merge when you are in the hatch markings, in Poland they seem to appreciate it when you just join the queue at the end.
    And try to block you when you want to go queue jumping.
    Just be sure it isnt a police car when you do that.
    The correct way is to form two queues and merge in turn before the hatching.

• Advertisement

If it is moving traffic, i agree.

But when it is already stop and go, bumper to bumper traffic, just join the queue as waiting till the last moment will only take even the last bit of flow out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement