Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I'm gonna stick with my assessment that you are simply confusing the two.

Your assessment is fundamentally wrong.

You say Makikomi is confusing the 'rules of engagement' between two entities but Makikomi is talking about 'degrees of force'.

You claim to have trained in both the military and the police, yet it is you who is confused with 'degrees of force' and 'rules or engagement'.

Did you serve in the police or military, if so, where? Because this looks like poor training.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

You say Makikomi is confusing the 'rules of engagement' between two entities but Makikomi is talking about 'degrees of force'.

You claim to have trained in both the military and the police, yet it is you who is confused with 'degrees of force' and 'rules or engagement'.

Did you serve in the police or military, if so, where? Because this looks like poor training.

FCA PA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

Danzy wrote: »
    The Guard has armed officers at his house now for protection.

People are pretending that he was calling out to the boy scouts rather than some of the most vicious people in the country.

He has good reason to fear for his life and his family.

They would think nothing of killing him.

Intimidation, 5 years maximum yes?

Should be applied to anyone who posted his details on social media, or anyone who reacted positively to such a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Nermal wrote: »

Intimidation, 5 years maximum yes?.......

Much better - how about a bit of internment ?

Threats to kill and trying to "recruit" a few helpers ? conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

JJayoo wrote: »
    20 years ago the independent printed this

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/marriage-link-to-traveller-illness-26177443.html

Inbreeding amongst the traveller community is a huge issue and I doubt it has improved over the last 20 years. It leads to a whole range of intellectual issues.

It would be inconceivable in this political correct age for an issue like this to be brought up. Lower IQs, a symptom of inbreeding, is a massive precursor for anti social behaviour.

But if they have enough children and their population increases wouldn't the gene pool diversify somewhat via mutations and the odd interloper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

didn't somebody say earlier the van guy was from cork?
    why would anybody travel from cork to longford to have "repairs" on a lousy van?

He responded to an ad and his van was collecte from cork. When he went to collect it is when the problems started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Danzy wrote:
    They would think nothing of killing him.

No fan of travellers but I seriously doubt they are that stupid. CAB was founded after Gilligan had Guerin murdered. Can't see the Travellers be allowed carry on as now if they go down the route of murdering a guard.

tuxy wrote: »

That simply states they have no information to give. Also it's the journal.

Other reports stating animal blood was found at the scene and they are certain the dog was killed. They are now looking to find where the dog was buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Techold

No fan of travellers but I seriously doubt they are that stupid. CAB was founded after Gilligan had Guerin murdered. Can't see the Travellers be allowed carry on as now if they go down the route of murdering a guard.

This situation is now reminiscent of Provo times when guards were murdered and they and their families were intimidated.This is an escalation of their day to day 'normal' criminal activities.CAB,Revenue and Social Welfare will have to give them equality and subject them to the rules that apply to most other citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

This is what happens when a group are allowed to get away with too much for too long. Travellers have been subject to light-touch treatment by both the Gardaí and, even more so, by the judiciary for years. This has given them the idea that they are untouchable, and leads to the kind of behaviour we see here, where they have no respect for the law because they don't believe it applies to them. Granting them the ridiculous ethnic status furthered strengthened this belief.
    It is now time to take off the kid gloves and smash traveller criminality in all its forms. If it is not done now, things will get far worse. Traveller culture is simply a culture of criminality, inbreeding, and scamming, it should never have been given official recognition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So the Garda will now defend the chop shops out of loyalty and guilt?

The Garda is also his own father

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

There's no confusion. There is only one degree of force with a firearm in the police. No warning shots, no limb shots, no shoot to wound. The rules of engagement state when it can be used. And while it has been a while since my days in the army, I don't recall any instruction for shooting people in the limbs, although the firearm could be used a little more liberally.

SeÃ&#177 wrote: »
    Your first post here really helps to move the discussion along.

No his first post was querying the lack of bans and suggesting the thread should be locked.

The Garda is also his own father

What do you mean, Ash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

There's no confusion. There is only one degree of force with a firearm in the police. No warning shots, no limb shots, no shoot to wound. The rules of engagement state when it can be used. And while it has been a while since my days in the army, I don't recall any instruction for shooting people in the limbs, although the firearm could be used a little more liberally.

Are you guys saying that he meant to shoot the dog in the leg?

I think you're barking up the wrong tree lads.

Ruff justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Travellers are not kinehan gang smarts, they are reactionary savages, a tinker always acts before they think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That was my understanding of the situation in the US with the police, use of a firearm is only justified in order to prevent an immediate threat to life, thus no shooting to wound or warning shot etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Gravelly wrote: »
    This is what happens when a group are allowed to get away with too much for too long. Travellers have been subject to light-touch treatment by both the Gardaí and, even more so, by the judiciary for years. This has given them the idea that they are untouchable, and leads to the kind of behaviour we see here, where they have no respect for the law because they don't believe it applies to them. Granting them the ridiculous ethnic status furthered strengthened this belief.
    It is now time to take off the kid gloves and smash traveller criminality in all its forms. If it is not done now, things will get far worse. Traveller culture is simply a culture of criminality, inbreeding, and scamming, it sho
    uld never have been given official recognition.

At the behest of liberals in media, academia and the various quangos, a wholly carrot approach has been used when it comes to travellers this past three decades, this approach has been an absolute failure, relations between travellers and the rest of us has never been worse.

We need nothing but stick for the next three decades, a boycott of rte will be necessary in order to turn things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

No evidence of travellers on the dole driving new 4x4 vehicles?
    I'll go around town tomorrow and capture some video for you.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying you don't have the evidence to back up your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Blondies wife's Facebook is a f*cking train wreck. Photos of a German shepherd looking dog gone missing last week. She says she thinks one of the neighbours shot it so nobody around them will have a sheep left when her husband finds out.

It's infuriating the absolute balls on them. We had a group of them come into the shop a few weeks ago and steal Tv's. They just grabbed them and legged it out the door. Worth nearly €1,000. Sure there they were yesterday again in the shop. 5 rainbocorn toys worth €25 each, DVDs, clothes, phones under the buggy and in their bags and off they went out the door. Then they had the balls to approach a manager having a cigarette outside and started threatening her for looking at them funny!!!! Christ alive what a world we live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

I don't.

One of these occurred:

1. He fired a warning shot and either directly hit the traveller OR it ricocheted off the ground and inadvertently hit the traveller.

2. He aimed at the dog, hit the dog, the round travelled through the dog and into the travellers foot (if it was behind the dog).

3. He aimed at the dog, hit the dog, the round travelled through the dog, hit the ground and bounced and into the traveller.

Either way, I believe he aimed at the dog and the traveller was accidentally struck.

There is another possibility, the dog grabbed the detectives tie, the detective fired a shot, missed the dog (either intentionally or unintentionally), bullet ricocheted of the ground grazes travellers leg, dog runs off unharmed, hence no sign of the dog or blood at the scene, the dog could have yelped but was drowned out by hysterical screaming of camera woman.

There is another possibility, the dog grabbed the detectives tie, the detective fired a shot, missed the dog (either intentionally or unintentionally), bullet ricocheted of the ground grazes travellers leg, dog runs off unharmed, hence no sign of the dog or blood at the scene, the dog could have yelped but was drowned out by hysterical screaming of camera woman.

Except the guards according to the Indo have found animal blood at the scene and based on formation received are searching for its burial spot.

Effects wrote: »
    I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying you don't have the evidence to back up your claim.

Is it Volkswagen that will not accept cash for commercials because they do not want certain people being seen driving around in their new vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Except the guards according to the Indo have found animal blood at the scene and based on formation received are searching for its burial spot.

Dog or no dog? No DNA needed. Surely the guy in the pickup would be able to confirm if there was a dog or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

How do you know they're travellers? Bit racist.

Ned 'blondie ' Stokes?
    Oh and of course the audio on the clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Ned 'blondie ' Stokes?
    Oh and of course the audio on the clip!

Producing a slash hook in a dispute, having a pregnant woman involved in a fight, <snip> are usually good indicators too.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Blondies wife's Facebook is a f*cking train wreck. Photos of a German shepherd looking dog gone missing last week. She says she thinks one of the neighbours shot it so nobody around them will have a sheep left when her husband finds out.

It's infuriating the absolute balls on them. We had a group of them come into the shop a few weeks ago and steal Tv's. They just grabbed them and legged it out the door. Worth nearly €1,000. Sure there they were yesterday again in the shop. 5 rainbocorn toys worth €25 each, DVDs, clothes, phones under the buggy and in their bags and off they went out the door. Then they had the balls to approach a manager having a cigarette outside and started threatening her for looking at them funny!!!! Christ alive what a world we live in.

I've heard similar stories over the years, actually putting people out of business or depressing them enough that they stop trading.....
    THIS HAS TO BE STOPPED.

BattleCorp wrote:
    Dog or no dog? No DNA needed. Surely the guy in the pickup would be able to confirm if there was a dog or not.

Travellers are claiming no dag. So evidence is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I can't wait to tell my mates from Longford that they sound like Travellers.

Like, you think they don't know already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

BattleCorp wrote:

Travellers are claiming no dag. So evidence is required.

The guy in the truck can provide evidence. He can tell what he saw. That's evidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement