Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Good point, what was I thinking linking to thejournal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Jeff2

There is no such breed of dog as an Alsatian dog.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

No probs going with that. Always ready to learn.

So you can see Makikomi's point now?

In Lebanon, wild or "wadi" dogs were a problem due to the threat of rabies. These fckers travelled in packs and used to wander into the posts.

These dogs were pretty much, eh destroy on sight. The pistol was found to be a less effective weapon against wadi dogs due to accuracy and shot placement.

The shotgun was the weapon of choice to guarantee a result against a wadi dog. Hence what Makikomi was eluding to.

No probs going with that. Always ready to learn. Like I said my knowledge is simplistic. .22 pistol and rifle shooting. Anything that can educate me is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

kneemos wrote: »
    Grabbing his tie is hardly being attacked. Sounded like yer man was trying to pull him off in fairness.

A tie is basically a noose around your neck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Heckler wrote: »
    No probs going with that. Always ready to learn.

Sound, I don't want to be coming across as a d1ck but we actually have experienced the need to shoot dogs in the past.

However, a 9mm round is still a serious calibre...I wouldnt fancy getting hit with one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This really is the modern day setanta vs the hound of Cullain..

This really is the modern day setanta vs the hound of Cullain..

So the Garda will now defend the chop shops out of loyalty and guilt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

Later that day, the AH experts on ....well....everything, hadn't moved forward an inch. But they had a great time dissing each other, while the rest of us were at work.

mattser wrote: »
    Later that day, the AH experts on ....well....everything, hadn't moved forward an inch. But they had a great time dissing each other, while the rest of us were at work.

Has an after hour thread ever lead to something other than going round in circles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Jeff2

He shot an Alsatian.
    There is no such breed.

Ghost dog is my guess.

Or there was a German shepherd there.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

mattser wrote: »

Your first post here really helps to move the discussion along.

Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

20 years ago the independent printed this

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/marriage-link-to-traveller-illness-26177443.html

Inbreeding amongst the traveller community is a huge issue and I doubt it has improved over the last 20 years. It leads to a whole range of intellectual issues.

It would be inconceivable in this political correct age for an issue like this to be brought up. Lower IQs, a symptom of inbreeding, is a massive precursor for anti social behaviour.

Sound, I don't want to be coming across as a d1ck but we actually have experienced the need to shoot dogs in the past.

However, a 9mm round is still a serious calibre...I wouldnt fancy getting hit with one :pac:

Me neither ! Can I ask what your background is ? If you are so familiar with firearms etc. ?

Jeff2 wrote: »
    He shot an Alsatian.
    There is no such breed.

Ghost dog is my guess.

Or there was a German shepherd there.

While I agree it may be best to not use such British terms. Alsatian is in the oxford dictionary and it is British English that we all speak on this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

JJayoo wrote: »
    A tie is basically a noose around your neck

If you grabbed our local Sergents tie, I'd say you'd be lucky to get off with a dislocated shoulder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Well one thing we've established anyway is, the Guard and the van driver weren't mates, which was first suggested on Broadsheet yesterday morning and taken as gospel. Unless the Guard served in cork before he was transferred to Longford.

Transit driver: "Tom I'm coming up your way tomorrow to collect an auld truck that I got a bit of work done on. I think the garage may be a bit dodgy, so, is there any chance you'd come along and bring the gun with you in case there's any hassle.

Tom: "No worries. What caliber would you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ghost dog?!! Zoyks!!

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Well one thing we've established anyway is, the Guard and the van driver weren't mates, which was first suggested on Broadsheet yesterday morning and taken as gospel. Unless the Guard served in cork before he was transferred to Longford.

Transit driver: "Tom I'm coming up your way tomorrow to collect an auld truck that I got a bit of work done on. I think the garage may be a bit dodgy, so, is there any chance you'd come along and bring the gun with you in case there's any hassle.

Tom: "No worries. What caliber would you like?

" I want a normal gun for a normal person " and some dum dums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/marriage-link-to-traveller-illness-26177443.html

Inbreeding amongst the traveller community is a huge issue and I doubt it has improved over the last 20 years. It leads to a whole range of intellectual issues.

It would be inconceivable in this political correct age for an issue like this to be brought up. Lower IQs, a symptom of inbreeding, is a massive precursor for anti social behaviour.

You'd never get away with printing that these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Guard has armed officers at his house now for protection.

People are pretending that he was calling out to the boy scouts rather than some of the most vicious people in the country.

He has good reason to fear for his life and his family.

They would think nothing of killing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Still baffled by the amount of itinerant apologists that pop up preaching their self righteous bleeding heart sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Not only would there be no way that would be printed today, I very much doubt any academic would carry out such research as it would be frowned upon. This is one of the reasons that these days, apologists for the darker aspects of all kinds of protected minorities can cry “there’s no proof of that” when such things are brought up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Gravelly wrote: »
    Not only would there be no way that would be printed today, I very much doubt any academic would carry out such research as it would be frowned upon. This is one of the reasons that these days, apologists for the darker aspects of all kinds of protected minorities can cry “there’s no proof of that” when such things are brought up.

Here's a recent academic article from Ireland on the issue that mentions travellers.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283079071_A_review_of_consanguinity_in_Ireland-estimation_of_frequency_and_approaches_to_mitigate_risks

Also, I've seen a HSE page on the risks of cousin marriage which I think is fairly clearly aimed at our friends.

I agree that you wouldn't get away with printing medical truth like that in a newspaper any more. Crazy censorship by the bleeding hearts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Whatever about him shooting the mans foot but only a physcopath would murder a dog

Yea, so maximum marks for the outrage, but dogs cannot be murdered. Murder is reserved for humans and humans only ;)

As for "only a psycopath would kill a dog", that's also incredibly wrong. Blinkered opinion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I wasn't being intentionally condescending but if you're had experience with both its been poorly served (and that's me being nice to you, hows that?).

I'm gonna stick with my assessment that you are simply confusing the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Danzy wrote: »
    The Guard has armed officers at his house now for protection.

People are pretending that he was calling out to the boy scouts rather than some of the most vicious people in the country.

He has good reason to fear for his life and his family.

They would think nothing of killing him.

The sooner the political establishment grows balls and call the traveller crimina fraternity out for what they are - a major criminal organisation and treat each and every traveller as a criminal unless they can prove otherwise, the better for the country.

The apologists won't like this, but I suspect that you could show that the MAJORITY* of adult travellers have a criminal conviction. - Hence, there should be no issue calling them for what they are - a deep rooted criminal organisation and ZERO taxpayer funds should be directed to them until that changes.

* Over 30% of adult travellers will spend time in prison at some stage in their lives for criminality. (CSO figures) Considering that less than 20% of criminal convictions result in a custodial sentence, its highly likely that the majority of adult traveller have a criminal conviction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

I was looking at a facebuke page of a traveller I was in school with. A cousin of this guy.

Posting alot of pictures of the gard up,posting pictures of a sun journalist who didn't write what the Stokes chap wanted him to print & is now using an old picture of the dog k9 that was missing in November.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement