Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Stupid online reviews
    The only thing that doesn´t make me put a 10 is the fact that you have to make your own bed.”

It's a goddamn hostel and you're paying €17 for the night. Of course you have to put the bed linen on. You want hotel service you pay hotel prices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

madmaggie wrote: »
    In a previous employment I had a manager and supervisor who outdid each other for stupidity. We called them "Dumb and Dumber".

In one of my old workplaces we used to call the CEO "Iggle Piggle" and the CTO "Oopsy Daisy".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The rain is fairly feicing loud out there! And there's a howling coming from somewhere but I don't know where! It's not windy out from what I can tell.... Ah maybe it is I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

madmaggie wrote: »
    In a previous employment I had a manager and supervisor who outdid each other for stupidity. We called them "Dumb and Dumber".

I worked in a company and 2 of us worked in HR, both named by the same name but differentiated by size. I'm on the petite side.. So we had "little" Northgirl (me) and "big" Northgirl... Can't imagine she was loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Aidric wrote: »
    daddy finger, daddy finger, where are you :(

I will NEVER forgive my nephew for daddy finger and DanTDM. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Getting the train into work earlier, I may have sat in a seat where the previous occupant had p!ssed themselves. Wasn't obvious at first, in that there wasn't a puddle there, but the stench kept coming in waves

"Previous occupant"? Yeah, right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Without coming across as an old man yelling at a cloud, but manners seem to be a thing of the past among the younger generation.

Getting lunch yesterday in Five Guys in Dundrum, and I was laden with shopping bags. Halfway through my order I had to call the GF back to see what toppings she wanted (I was unfamiliar with the system in there). Had left the bags on the floor throughout the process, and in the mean-time a group of young wans (early teens) had gathered at the till pretty much breathing down my neck. Not one even had the gumption to give me room to pick up my bags, instead just stood there stock still on their phones.

And don't get me started on them congregating right at the door of shops, blocking the way and oblivious to the situation. We have created a race of zombies.

Why I oughta!

Constant interruptions in the office and no respect for 1. people trying to work and 2. people who are brand new in a job and the most simple of tasks are quite cumbersome. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Without coming across as an old man yelling at a cloud, but manners seem to be a thing of the past among the younger generation.

Getting lunch yesterday in Five Guys in Dundrum, and I was laden with shopping bags. Halfway through my order I had to call the GF back to see what toppings she wanted (I was unfamiliar with the system in there). Had left the bags on the floor throughout the process, and in the mean-time a group of young wans (early teens) had gathered at the till pretty much breathing down my neck. Not one even had the gumption to give me room to pick up my bags, instead just stood there stock still on their phones.

And don't get me started on them congregating right at the door of shops, blocking the way and oblivious to the situation. We have created a race of zombies.

Why I oughta!

I often wonder if parents teach their children manners at all these days (obviously some still do).

Then again, every generation has probably said the same about the younger generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The follow up calls that I'm getting from insurance quotes. You kinda have to put in your correct phone no. in case it's a good one.

I get the impression the last person didn't believe me when I said the they were almost €400 more than my renewal.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Burst my ass to get to my hairdresser appointment on time. I HATE being late so was literally in a sweat that I was ten mins late. She then plonked me on the chair and left me sitting there for fifteen mins while she made herself a coffee and chatted to other staff. I wouldn’t mind usually but I’m so anal about time keeping. She then handed me fancy editorial magazines instead of trashy mags. Wtf?? I wanna read about the bride who married a ghost and left him for a goldfish, or see how Kim Marsh has decided to decorate her conservatory this Christmas. Not this notioney crap!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burst my ass to get to my hairdresser appointment on time. I HATE being late so was literally in a sweat that I was ten mins late. She then plonked me on the chair and left me sitting there for fifteen mins while she made herself a coffee and chatted to other staff. I wouldn’t mind usually but I’m so anal about time keeping. She then handed me fancy editorial magazines instead of trashy mags. Wtf?? I wanna read about the bride who married a ghost and left him for a goldfish, or see how Kim Marsh has decided to decorate her conservatory this Christmas. Not this notioney crap!

Cheeky bitch how dare she 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Christmas party on Saturday (and it's a biggie - overnight in a 5-star hotel, black tie, the works) and I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a sore throat. Since then it's devolved into sniffles, a whopper headache and that awful feeling where it feels like you're wearing weights on every limb.

Thanks, universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Christmas party on Saturday (and it's a biggie - overnight in a 5-star hotel, black tie, the works) and I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a sore throat. Since then it's devolved into sniffles, a whopper headache and that awful feeling where it feels like you're wearing weights on every limb.

Thanks, universe.

take plenty of drugs. it is the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The trend in the last decade or so of couples getting married having to outdo each other in wackiness and craic.

For a long time it was people getting months of dance lessons so they could show off with their mother in law on the dance floor, or recreate Dirty Dancing, or do a flash mob. All for the video to be posted online and go viral. How clever.

But this latest one, the link of which I got on the Indo website, takes the f'ing biscuit.

A Donegal couple have made a film, yes a film with shotguns and zombies etc.

https://www.thevow.ie/real-weddings/wedding-videos/watch-donegal-couples-actionpacked-wedding-video-takes-things-to-the-next-level-37601204.html

NIMAN wrote: »
    The trend in the last decade or so of couples getting married having to outdo each other in wackiness and craic.

For a long time it was people getting months of dance lessons so they could show off with their mother in law on the dance floor, or recreate Dirty Dancing, or do a flash mob. All for the video to be posted online and go viral. How clever.

But this latest one, the link of which I got on the Indo website, takes the f'ing biscuit.

A Donegal couple have made a film, yes a film with shotguns and zombies etc.

https://www.thevow.ie/real-weddings/wedding-videos/watch-donegal-couples-actionpacked-wedding-video-takes-things-to-the-next-level-37601204.html

I'm actually laughing with mortification and I haven't even opened the link yet.

Muppets..:pac:

I lost the hubcap off my car. Fùcksake. I hate driving around in a messy looking car. Be like a divil now for the rest of the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I lost the hubcap off my car. Fùcksake. I hate driving around in a messy looking car. Be like a divil now for the rest of the day.

Get yourself a set of cheap alloys :3

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Take the other 3 off and you now have 3 Frisbees to play with

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've a sore neck, I slept funny the other night and was sore on one side.
    Slept the opposite way last night hoping it would fix it, nope, sore on both sides now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

When an emergency vehicle zooms past with siren blaring and blue lights flashing, and all the thickos stop whatever they're doing and have to watch until said vehicle fades from view. What in the name of Bonaparte's balls do they expect to see/hear other than an emergency vehicle with siren blaring and blue lights flashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Prick almost running me over outside my work. They had pulled over and I figured I could cross safely enough. Chinless bastard decided to move off just as I was halfway across. Looking straight ahead too, the cunt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who don’t get sarcasm.

She then handed me fancy editorial magazines instead of trashy mags. Wtf?? I wanna read about the bride who married a ghost and left him for a goldfish, or see how Kim Marsh has decided to decorate her conservatory this Christmas. Not this notioney crap!

Our doctors waiting room used to have nothing but the super glossy lifestyle mags available; Tatler and the like. Bad enough to have nothing interesting to read with him flaunting his missus' lifestyle which my €65 for a couple of nano-seconds has helped pay for. Lately they have a much better selection of magazines, including National Geographic.

The best waiting room ever was our solicitors: Time, Newsweek, National Geographic and, the icing on the cake, an aquarium. You could have quite a nice time there. Just as well because the bugger kept you waiting for ages...

Count Down wrote: »
    What in the name of Bonaparte's balls

As a Napoleonic Wars buff, I really should have come across this expression before, but I don't believe I have, and it's made my day. :)

Dial Hard wrote: »

Thanks, universe.

If your cold timetable is like mine you should be out of the snotty zone by then and into the blocked up zone, which is still a pain butmuch easier to function with. Tip: Vicks Vaporub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

First puncture in 4 years today a bolt so tyre couldn't be plugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Eoghan McDermott...… and his sister.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The new paper stem cotton buds grrrrrrrrr, (bend so easy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Came home and the dog had ripped open a bag of ground fennel (amongst many other things) and flung it around the entire downstairs. The house reeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement