Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Arry knew the danger of guns good advice here
    https://youtu.be/GpVHSA5DWEI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

has anyone ever had a haircut in the barber bus?
    just wondering how it turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

He shot the wrong dog....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cloudy90210

He shot the wrong bitch.

Bitch as in a female dog.

Hehehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

the rumour is that house was when built everything was got on tick, but they then refused to pay for anything. told the builders merchants to feck off.

Only heard the other day about said house !! Planning permission had been denied by previous owners of site for whatever reasons. Purchased by the now owners and again denied upon which if rumors are true they paraded into the council office with a deal !! Grant the planning permission or there be a convoy of caravans on the land !!

davehey79 wrote: »
    Only heard the other day about said house !! Planning permission had been denied by previous owners of site for whatever reasons. Purchased by the now owners and again denied upon which if rumors are true they paraded into the council office with a deal !! Grant the planning permission or there be a convoy of caravans on the land !!

they used to put on a great Christmas lights display. almost crashed the frickin car one year i passed it.
    who said they never give anything back?

we're very lucky to have such cultural enrichment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

has anyone ever had a haircut in the barber bus?
    just wondering how it turned out.

It went out of business a while ago.

Effects wrote: »

too many cuts i suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

they used to put on a great Christmas lights display. almost crashed the frickin car one year i passed it.
    who said they never give anything back?

we're very lucky to have such cultural enrichment.

Any pictures of this sophisticated chateau on google street view?

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »

The guy who was working out of it actually moved to a proper premises to cater for more people at he back of the market square in town

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

If a person pulls a gun, whether legally or not, and you're dumb enough to grab them by the tie.....you deserve to get shot, IMO. Why would you want to get into a 'bit of a scuffle' with an armed guard? :confused:

Don’t think this was explained to the dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

begbysback wrote:
    Don’t think this was explained to the dog

The dog was being used as a weapon by the traveller, exactly what do you think the guard should have done to defend himself, offered the little doggie a treat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

The dog was being used as a weapon by the traveller, exactly what do you think the guard should have done to defend himself, offered the little doggie a treat?

He had no uniform on, and I don’t see a badge, how was the dog to know he was a guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Has John Connors blamed this on the government yet? "Tis discrimination i tell's ya"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Love this shoot em up bang bang stuff.

More please.

begbysback wrote:
    He had no uniform on, and I don’t see a badge, how was the dog to know he was a guard?

It's really simple if you use your dag as a weapon in the presence of an armed guard bad things may happen to your dag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

RIP dog, you know not who owned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's really simple if you use your dag as a weapon in the presence of an armed guard bad things may happen to your dag.

it's really the holder of the weapon who should be shot

you don't shoot a gun or a knife out of someone's hand

lawred2 wrote:

You neutralise the immediate threat, in this case it was the dag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lawred2 wrote: »
    it's really the holder of the weapon who should be shot

A gun or knife is disabled if you shoot the person.
    The only way to disable a dog if all you have to defend yourself is a gun is shoot it. At that point you no longer have the right of reasonable force to shoot the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,740 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

No respect for an armed guard, and if the rumours were true he was carrying a slashook. He's not out for an evening stroll.

Fcuk him, its his own fault.

Just a shame the dog was punished for his owners fcukaboutery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

"Allegedly" there is a connection to this with the parties involved.

I know the guard, he's as straight up as you'd get. I'd genuinely be concerned for his families well being, he has a number of young kids and his house is fairly rural, as is his elderly parents farm. These absolute vermin have no problem with a bit of the ould arson. A zero tolerance approach is whats required when it comes to dealing with the dregs of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

You neutralise the immediate threat, in this case it was the dag.

Is your O not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

tuxy wrote: »
    A gun or knife is disabled if you shoot the person.
    The only way to disable a dog if all you have to defend yourself is a gun is shoot it. At that point you no longer have the right of reasonable force to shoot the person.

nah

best try to shoot both at the same time

Is your O not working?

It is bOss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

"Allegedly" there is a connection to this with the parties involved.

I know the guard, he's as straight up as you'd get. I'd genuinely be concerned for his families well being, he has a number of young kids and his house is fairly rural, as is his elderly parents farm. These absolute vermin have no problem with a bit of the ould arson. A zero tolerance approach is whats required when it comes to dealing with the dregs of society.

I hope the Gardaí provide support and protection to him and his family. As we have seen in the past, these people keep grudges for years, and are addicted to violence. This man's bravery needs to be rewarded, not punished.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement